don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    This is an insanely good post.

2. winterhell

winterhell

If those pipes are in order, how come nothing is coming out at the end?

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    So I actually had a dream about Sonic Mania the other night. Or should I say, nightmare. The game was released and it was 90% remixed stages and Studiopolis was actually removed. Talk about a fucking bad dream! I haven't even been thinking about the game lately or even frequenting this thread so no idea why I had a dream about it. The dream even had Taxman defending the absurd new to remixed level ratio saying "but it's a big game" and everything. What was super weird is that I think used a level select cheat to see the zone list. Wish I could remember the names. I do remember seeing Mirage Saloon so that stayed in, but the rest? Almost all remixed levels.

Anyway back to normality: seriously hoping we get a release date soon. E3's right around the corner so hopefully we'll see something soon.

4. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Regarding pipework, we have this abomination in our potwash at work.
    http://i63.tinypic.com/2lij21d.jpg

Timypic has rotated it, but regardless, it's dumb

5. Linkabel

Linkabel

The criticisms are fine, thanks for that and for those who liked it!

I just thought of something though, is there a possibility this game might actually come to phones? Or is there something I'm missing that might prevent that?

6. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I was legitimately concerned that maybe I spotted a bug in the footage that the devs missed? Sorry? I noticed it while watching the video normally, I wasn't sitting there like "OH I WONDER WHAT THEY FUCKED UP THIS TIME LET'S DO A FRAME BY FRAME"

7. winterhell

winterhell

Clouds don't disperse light that way.

8. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I see no reason why phones (at the very least high-end iOS & android devices) wouldn't be able to handle Mania.

I do enjoy playing the remasters on my phone but I'm so glad Mania isn't being restricted to mobile. Such a shame it looks like the remasters aren't coming to consoles. Would look great alongside Mania :(

9. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    It's Act 2 :v:

Honestly, "Pipe Art" is a thing and I say Flying Battery is making liberal use of this.

10. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Unrelated to Mania, a one off response to Uberham. Everyone else ignore.

Most likely left like that because it's a secondary hot water pipe. In other words you do a looping system like that because if you had the pipe coming straight from the boiler you would have to run off a lot of water which is a waste. Also looks like there was an appliance or a sink there at one point as that would explain the pipe's location. A bodge it and scarper by the looks of it, no doubt this job was done as fast as possible. Nothing wrong with it it's just unsightly.

Anyway lets call it quits on the plumbing discussion now, no need to fill this thread with unrelated stuff.

11. I also had a dream (nightmare) about Mania recently. All I remember is that IceCap and Sandopolis had been confirmed, and I was very upset about the latter. I had another dream last night that Mania was out, but for some reason it had been renamed "Sonic 10" at the last minute as some kind of bizarre Windows reference.

I think what this indicates more than anything is that we need Sonic Mania before we all go insane.

12. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I had a dream that Mania had a release date. I woke up and cried.

13. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Funnily enough I had a dream about Mania this morning too! In it, they were showing Angel Island Zone. When Sonic and Tails reach the hollow big tree part, they get blown away to Act 2 which was called "Jade Gully" (A nod to Sonic Xtreme?). The stage was partly based on Wood Zone (and used many of its assets) but it had all new swampy and rocky canyon areas too. It looked stunningly beautiful (especially with the luscious green trees), but I remember being annoyed in the dream that it didn't really suit Angel Island as a second act and wish that it had been a stand alone stage. And then I remember typing about my dream on Retro (like I am doing now) and then the stage being revealed for real and getting excited that my dream came true. Bizarre!

14. Flygon

Flygon

That's actually really kickass. I feel kind of sad it probably won't happen!

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Are you an actual plumber or something? :v:

16. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Yes I have City & Guilds certificates.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well that explains the in depth pipe knowledge then.

18. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

You can't fool us, Mario. We know you're wanting some sweet Mania lovin' too.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Stop talking about bloody plumbing =P

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

Nah I'll be good.