don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I'd be shocked if there isn't going to be a PC mod that lets you make an OC like that.

2. Linkabel

Linkabel

That's not even counting that Dragon Ball fans also create their own share of Broly recolors.

3. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    All I gotta say... SonKnuck playable confirmed.

4. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Oh man, I never even thought about that. Modders are going to have a field day with this game. I welcome this inevitable outcome. :specialed:

5. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    I'm really excited to make Crappy Blue Sonic.

6. Amnimator

Amnimator

Pele the Beloved Dog when? [Linky]

7. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    [​IMG]

My friend drew this for me.

What a wonderful existence this is.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You mean modern Sonic :v:

I'm going to make Boom Sonic as I always imagined him :specialed:

9. RikohZX

RikohZX

the ultimate hero was the eggman bumper that rebelled

10. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Can we get some sort of Barrel™ Apparel to go along with that too? :v:

11. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I'm not going to lie, this mode might actually keep me from enjoying the game, if it takes any hold over the main story. I don't want to be forced into making a Sonichu. The ship for a gimmick like this sailed in 2007.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I thought people might have a problem of having to play as Sonichu. I figured out a solution:

don't make Sonichu.

13. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Lmao, I'm done with this series (not counting Mania, of course). Though technically I've been done since 2011 since Generations was the last Sonic game I bought.

(You guys aren't actually going to play this, right? I was quite surprised at how it seemed like many Retro members bought Sonic Boom despite its horribly negative reception "Oh but lemme judge the game for myself even though everyone that's played it hates it!" Don't waste your money guys...)

14. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Steam Workshop support for custom skins and accessories when

Like seriously, I wanna be that bitch saving the world as a cute animal wearing a dick hat

Also LMAO at all the dipshits saying "REEEE I'm DONE WITH THIS SERIES HOW DARE THEY ADD THE ABILITY TO DRESS UP ANIMALS IN SAILOR HATS"

+ - Also I'm interested to hear more of those vocals, now that I've gotten a chance to watch this thing with sound :V  

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I never bought Sonic Boom RoL because it looked like an awful, buggy mess. This, idk, if it's not an awful buggy mess I might. I don't hate the concept since I'm aiming to just make my fan character Sonic, so I won't notice beyond the gameplay. It's not a waste of money if I enjoy it.

16. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    ohno we can make ocs now in 1 sonic game, bah, I'm done with the series.

Kbye then, good riddance.

Just make another sonic with the Character creater and done, have 3 Sonics.

17. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Honestly, if this was made when I was still a child with a Sonic fancharacter, I'd be absolutely all over it.

Nowadays, though? God no.

If we needed another gameplay style, then why not Tails and/or Knuckles? Or any of the other hundreds of characters in this franchise who've been neglected for years on end?

There's far too much going on, as others have said. It's got "classic" Sonic (in the loosest sense of the word), boost Sonic, and deviantArt The Character - all in one game which also seems to have two wildly different visual styles. I'm sorry but it just looks like an incoherent clusterfuck at this point.

I can say with some certainty that this isn't the game for me. Power to you if you're excited about this; but I'm sticking with Sonic Mania, thanks.

18. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    I'm going to wait for reviews and impressions like any sensible gamer, but so far, yeah, I'm probaby going to get it. It's pretty much guaranteed that this isn't going to be some buggy trash mess (and if it is, again, waiting for impressions), and the new gameplay style does somewhat interest me. And if I hate it, I'll just play Mania again and return the game.

I'm still on the agreement that the game, gameplay wise, isn't going to be BAD. At least, not Mid-2000 Sonic levels of bad.

19. RikohZX

RikohZX

Why is this the straw that broke the camel's back which has you going "i sure hope you don't do this"?

20. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    I wonder if all the people who are screaming about how horrible a decision this is and how Sonic Team has lost the plot and that Mania is totally the last game they're ever gonna buy in this series realize that the point of this and Mania both coming out in the same year is to satisfy both crowds? Mania is getting just as big a marketing push as Forces is. The entire object of that is to make sure both audiences get what they want.
    Classic fans who vehemently hate anything past S3K? You've got Mania.
    Modern fans who don't mind the supporting cast, or want to enjoy 3D/boost gameplay, or just folks who want to play as Bubsy with a grappling hook because Jokes, there's Forces.
    Forces does rely on Classic as a crutch, and that kinda sucks, but I would imagine, especially if Mania does well, that that'll likely change in the next 3D Sonic. (Especially since Forces was likely in development prior to the Mania project becoming a thing at Sega.)
    Long story short, it'll be fine, and you're getting the content you want either way. Tranquilo