don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I would happily take every foreground mess up if it meant they'd add a fade-in/out effect.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That started revealing itself about a week or 2 ago, so it was known, but unfortunately we don't know what's in them yet.

Really? I would rather they fixed the foreground. I don't care about the fade in at all.

3. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    The video is stuttering. It looks a lot better live and not on youtube, with or without 0.25x speed :P

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Any chance of fixing the foreground mess?

EDIT: And before anyone says that my complaints are pointless nitpicking, look at the Sonic Forces topic. I'm only harder on this because it has the most potential. Mania is like a Master's thesis while Forces is like getting mad at a 2nd grader for getting a C in geography :v:

5. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    No. It's stuck that way. We said, "Tiles, why are you so stubborn? Please change?" Tiles came back and said, "You're not my dad."

Why, Tiles, why. :( :( :(

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This response brings me back, reminds me of when I asked the CulT staff how ISP patches worked. They put me in the shit email section and told me to light some candles :specialed:

But hold on are you actually working on Mania in some way?

7. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Yes. I'm on salary to reply sarcastically to forum posts.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yes, good. Excellent then :eng101:

9. Because it'a a fucking nitpick and no one cares. It's a "Nostalgia" stage remember? In its whole, lovely glory. I'm eager to see something...new. This isn't new. It doesn't look new, it doesn't sound new, it doesn't feel new. If they're charging full price for a game, I don't want it to be a bunch of stages that are (mostly) ones I've already played a million times.

10. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    The stuttering was probably caused by me capturing the screen to a GIF instead of downloading the video and making the GIF from that. I was trying to point out that knuckles rotation animation is not 60fps like most other animations, and slowing down the GIF to 25% made it easier to see that.

I do acknowledge that making extra frames would be a pain in the ass, and everything looks great regardless. I honestly have no complaints about the game from a visual standpoint, not even the FBZ tile thing everyone else seems to be bothered by. Just pointing out the animation. (I've replaced the GIF with one that doesn't stutter, cropped from the actual source video instead of doing a screen capture.)

11. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    lol this post

tbh you're overreacting there, hoot

12. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Is this some kind of sprite issue? It looks like a small piece of Knuckles follows him to the right as he jumps. It's under the rightmost object.

[​IMG]

13. Hey. The new screenshots are PNG, though I have one nitpick with the sprites' palette. I do hope you change the white, because it's the same as MS Paint's.
    Unless those screenshots aren't in the proper ingame palette. Besides that, I'm enjoying what I've seen in that video.

14. Felik

Felik

Is this thread real?

I mean is this how people with actual legitimate concerns come off to the general audience when they post?

15. I'm also stunned that people are putting this on blast for sprite issues. Jeeeeeez.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Tags from the official Tumblr post about the Flying Battery video:

17. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I do think the tiles need to be fixed, but the GIF's posted on here are so silly that they actually made me laugh out loud.

I love the Sonic fanbase, we really do bring passionate to another level :p

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Naoto Ohshima posted another practice sketch for the game:

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/NaotoOhshima/status/863028597451243521

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wow, Flying Battery is looking great.
    Magnet ceiling attracting the magnet shield is a really cool idea that I hope gets used for alternate routes.
    And boy am I glad that they fixed Knuckles' flamboyant walk. I hope the odd looking badnik dump in this level will get a revision too.
    I think making those pixels transparent will break the indoor iterations of that kind of floor. They'll have to duplicate those tiles and remove the black in one of them but yeah, it may be worth it.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If they're transparent though you would just get whatever the background would be at the time, which would make sense. Plus it's inconsistent with other floor tiles in the same level that have transparency that allow you to see the background through them. Like why those and not these?

And those are like metal cages, technically the whole thing should be transparent (If you can see the other side of them from the front isn't is safe to assume that you should be able to see sky behind them? Or the interior of the level?). But it's just those corners that bug me.

And yea, it's not 1994, I think they could get away with making some additional foreground tiles if it would actually break the interior of the ship.