don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I don't particularly care for the idea of basically every post being contained in a spoiler tag. It gets rather annoying on other forums, and sometimes even inconvenient on mobile. To avoid spoilers, the easiest thing to do is avoid the thread IMO.

2. Deef

Deef

Yes but seriously, we need a release date. Then we can go on blackout proper.

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    If they're going to miss the 25th year of the franchise, which Summer 2017 will be only 2 or 3 days of, I hope they at least put out a demo before June 23rd. Hell, even if it's the Sonic Boom 2016 demo on PC only. Not too many people have had a chance to play it, and being one of the few, I'm starting to jones 7 months later.

4. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Sigh... This got my hopes up for playable classic Amy for a second before my brain kicked in. :(

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    The 25th year was 2016.

6. Jason

Jason

June 23rd 2016 - June 22nd 2017 is the anniversary, if we're getting technical.

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It doesn't work that way and you know it. Only if Sonic had been released on JAN 1, 1991, then yes they would be able to celebrate the 25th Year Anniversary from JAN 1, 2016 - DEC 31, 2016. They lost the date completely, and to my knowledge stopped using the 25th Year emblem too.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well that's what Aaron said at one point so that's the assumption we're going with. However it likely will miss the anniversary year mark at this point so it doesn't even matter what way you look at it.

And what do you mean they lost the date? The anniversary date? It's June 23rd and we've known that forever.

9. Jason

Jason

I was more going by their logic. The original release date was for this spring, but they still hyped it as a 25th anniversary celebration. If they want something in the 25th year that fans were clamoring for (Fire & Ice certainly wasn't), a Mania demo before its end would be a decent consolation.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Oops, 'missed' the date hahah. I was thinking in portuguese when I wrote that :)

11. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Y'all really hung up on this whole 25th anniversary year window, huh?

12. Sparks

Sparks

I don't care when it comes out as long as it's a damn good game when it does release. It could be Christmas for all I care.

13. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I'd rather them finish the game to the best of their abilities than split off a demo branch and work on that, especially considering that the summer isn't exactly far away. Although I do speak with the privilege of having played the build at SoS.

I hope we get a release date soon so I can book it off work.

14. Nice photoshop there. I almost believed it, except for one detail. That "Ultimate Character Guide" isn't the size of an unabridged dictionary.

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It's from the Official Sega JP site, so yep it's real.

16. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Oh neat, Japan are getting what looks to be a more accurate version of the slippers Drop Dead released a while back (which I own, and are absolutely lovely)
    [​IMG]

I really want to get some of that delicious Mania artwork to put on my wall.

17. Sparks

Sparks

I think that one went right over your head. :v:

18. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
    That merchandise reminds me of how happy I'd be to see a return of the SLS Sega Saturn USB gamepads with the release of Mania. Alas, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

19. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

People, please stop falling for it, it's not real.

20. Sparks

Sparks

It would help your case to be more informative, you know.