don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. I could potentially believe Chemical Plant and maybe even Angel Island, but Palmtree Panic? There's no way in hell that's in Mania. Not a chance. Surely that would've been a red flag?

While we're on the topic of level roster, though:

I haven't forgotten this, Stealth, and I'm holding you to your word. I trust you guys, and Mania's level selection had better live up to expectations.

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    They wouldn't have put Chemical Plant in, because that was in Generations. Why would they do tha... oh wait, Green Hill... =P

I'm willing to bet anyone a tenner that Aquatic Ruin Zone will be the Sonic 2 choice in Sonic Mania...

3. My money's on Mystic Cave, but we shall see. + - Maybe we'll get both... and no Hydrocity ;_;  

Edit: Pretty sure I'm just repeating myself now, but I'll be really annoyed if Sonic 1 and 2 are given priority when it comes to which games get two 'reimagined' zones. Sonic CD, 3 and & Knuckles each have two zones I'd LOVE to see (Hydrocity and IceCap, [CONFIRMED] and Lava Reef, Quartz Quadrant and Stardust Speedway) whereas I'd be fine with just Green Hill and Mystic Cave from the first two.

4. Felik

Felik

Why is everyone loving quartz quadrant again?
    I get that it's theme is kinda original and interesting but the level itself was boring and dull with barely any gimmicks and a "straight line with some conveyor belts" level design.

5. It's one of the two CD levels that isn't blatantly based on a Sonic 1 level and everyone hates Wacky Workbench. It has a very unique theme that deserves to be expanded on. The music is quite good in both soundtracks. Its main crime is being untapped potential - while it's short and arguably dull, at least it's not frustrating to play like quite a few CD levels. The level design would be so thoroughly expanded and fleshed out in Mania it would feel like a brand new zone. Those are my reasons, at least.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ Well we somehow posted the exact same thing. So yea there ya go :v:

I think it's due to the music and the aesthetic, at least that's why I liked it. It's one of the only zones from Sonic CD besides Wacky Workbench (which sucked) that wasn't just Sonic 1 HD. Plus Quartz Quadrant was a short level, so they'd have a lot of room to make a new, original layout for the most part which would fix most of the problems of the original level.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

There were the changeable conveyors, the tubes, the music and the motif. It was a cool stage. Plus, I'm pretty sure Green Hill didn't have pulleys, burning bridges or water pools before. Whatever stages are picked, they're not going to be as we know them already.

8. Felik

Felik

So basically everyone is loving the idea of the stage rather than the level itself as a whole.
    Well that's something iI can live with.

9. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    So as I lay awake last night a thought popped into my head. One of the reasons Sonic CD gets so much love is because of the animated portions, sort of a capstone of Sonic's early (and sorely missed) manga influences. It was also a showcase of Sega CD's ability to render video. Being as Mania intends to be a continuation of the Classic series, and represent a step above the Genesis, I think there is a very good chance we may get some new manga-esque animated portions. This would further bifurcate the IP.

I had better start looking into a vasectomy because I can't be held responsible for what happens when this game finally releases.

[​IMG]

EDIT: this one too.

[​IMG]

10. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Final Destination. Calendars only. No items.

11. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

Honestly a fave of mine is Mushroom Hill. We need a forest stage and I want to bounce on some REAL mushrooms. Mario eat your heart out.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Mushroom hill was in generations 3ds, so nah we're good :v:

13. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

Never played it (just X360 Generations) so no I'm not good. :specialed:/>

14. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    You aren't missing much. Although it had a few moments, on the whole the 3DS version was terrible. Dimps's DS games were such an improvement over the GBA titles, but with 3DS they went back to being weak.

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I quite liked Generations 3DS, specially the Classic levels, that played very similarly to the Genesis levels!

16. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    That's because they copied Yasuhara's level designs lol

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I was talking physics-wise and there were new layouts for Emerald Coast, Water Palace Radical Highway and Tropical Resort :D

18. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Yeah, I also think Generations 3DS gets a bit of a bad rep. I mean, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the console game, nor was it anywhere near as good as it COULD have been, but I think that caused people to judge it too harshly. I had a lot of fun playing it, regardless.

19. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    I mean, it's good that you enjoyed it and got your money's worth, but after S4E1 I decided I'm never touching a Dimps-made Sonic game ever again. I don't think I'm missing out on much.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It was ok. Not the best game ever but a gem compared to lost world 3ds.