don't click here

Sonic X-Treme Found!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TheRedEye, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    Well, if the shithead that isn't replaying to the Sonic sceners does proudly boast of his gain, he'll be reviled Internet-wide. Think about it for a second. Who will s/he be known as - the owner of a magical prototype, or a lowlife shitheel that conned (almost =P )honest sceners out of the find of the millennium?

This is, of course, if 'Mr. X' is 'Anonymous Collector'.

*thinks up story title - 'S2Bgate'?*

2. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    Since no one likes to read threads before opening their mouths, I'm going to say this five times. In all caps.

SEVERAL OF US HAVE SEEN A VIDEO OF THIS DEMO IN MOTION.

This disc is real. As for this $5,000 bid, you should have emailed me and told me this. There was even time before the auction's close that I told anyone who wanted to make an "emergency backup bid" in case ratman was fake to email me and let me know. I really doubt I can make anything happen, but email me and I'll see what I can do. [email protected]

EDIT: And this ratman guy isn't Anonymous Collector. I can't tell you why I know this for buyer confidentiality reasons, you'll just have to take my word for it.

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Yeah, once I read what you wrote about "killed your little fundraiser" I thought "Shit, he's right" and scrambled to try to get as much money together as possible. I was trying to aim for somewhere between $2500 and $3000 so that, if ratman was legit, then he would get it, and if he wasn't, the disc would at least exist in several people's hands (and you know that it would probably get leaked to the Internet at some indeterminate point in the future). That would at least ensure short-term preservation, as X number of copies are always more resilient that one singular copy.

4. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    And by god you did a great job too.

5. EXOGGEDDEN

EXOGGEDDEN

orgasmic Member
    It makes me wonder though, why are those 2 screenshots EXACTLY the same?And what's with the "Mega CD" and "712" written on it(Sonic CD 712)?

6. LocalH

LocalH

It's already been hashed out, they used whatever discs they had laying around. As for the "712", I see a little 'smudge' where the pic is blurred, that could easily be the lower loop of an 8, and it's supposed to say "Sonic J.G. 7/18".

As I've said an assload of times, I have had no doubts about the legitimacy of the disc.

7. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    The screens are the same because they happen to be the opening screen of the game. The "Jade Gully" and "Sonic X-Treme" parts fade out, and then you're able to play.

And again, if you were to actually read these threads, your other questions would be answered.

The THIRD DAMNED POST on the Assembler auction thread says the following:

The text on the disc says "Sonic J.G. 7-18," J.G. standing for the playable level, Jade Gully.

And has been explained many times, "Mega CD-R" doesn't mean a thing. All CD-Rs are created equally, whoever burned this internally at Sega just used whatever CD-Rs he had lying around.

8. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    I read the thread, and I read your capitals too. I don't care if people claim they've seen videos in the same way I don't care if people claim they have a gun pointed at my head - if I don't have solid proof, I don't believe them. I'm sorry, but I'm a little skeptical because I've seen many scams like this before - especially when the only real proof is an easily doctored screenshot. And take a chill pill.

EDIT: Bah, crossover posts. Oh well. I'm not greatly fussed anyway, I just thought Billy Hatcher had a point.

9. LocalH

LocalH

Within the Sonic scene, he'll be forever hated (ratman, that is). The vast majority of the rest of the internet wouldn't give a flying fuck, though (except maybe other people who want to see protos publically backed up).

We shouldn't harbor hate for the collector. It's unfortunate that we might not get to see SX, but the collector isn't doing anything wrong, it's ratman for fucking us over.

Unless he comes back and explains himself, that is. And I don't see that happening, but weirder things have happened.

10. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    Well, seeing as how you so thoroughly read the thread, you're aware that ICEKnight has seen the video too. Do you not trust him either?

11. Ultima

Ultima

London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    I wouldn't trust myself. And like I said, calm down. Stop going all aggressive on me, it's only the internet =P

EDIT: and by that, I mean that everyone likes to have a bit of fun once in a while. If this was fake I doubt it'd have been a real scam - probably just a joke of some kind or an eye-opener. See: Rika Chou's hoaxes.

12. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Why not show the video to the whole community? It might convince people that it is real, but for now it's really just a couple of peoples word against everyone elses. The fact that the screenshots are identical makes it seem fake as well. Why couldn't you get some different screenshots and post them?

The reason I didn't email you about the offer is coz I still thought that something funny was going on and wasn't prepared to lose $5000, as I'm sure nobody else would want to risk it either. The thing that put me off were those fake AIM accounts.

13. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    If you were playing secretary to someone whose name you didn't even know for the last three days trying to convince people that he's real, you'd be a ball of nerves too. You're not the problem, man. Cheers.

14. LocalH

LocalH

You didn't get ratman confused with the seller, did you? You could have easily topped his bid and then owned the original media, regardless of what you had planned to do with it.

15. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    One screenshot and non-public video were his ideas, not mine. Again, he wanted this kept low-key, I risked breaking his trust just bringing the news to you guys. If it's any consolation, I'm free to give out the video as soon as the buyer receives the game.

On hindsight, I should have realized that screenshot looks like one on the 'net and asked for another one, but it didn't really occur to me.

16. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    [EDIT: Nevermind, random stupidness]

17. Ratman221

Ratman221

Banned
    You all have been fucked by The Great Red Rat! I was hired by the "Anonymous Collector" to make sure his bid was uncontested and outdone, and TheRedEye knew this. Have an unpleasant day shitheads!! HAHAHAHA! :)

18. Ultima

Ultima

London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    ^ rofl

EDIT: Sweet. Red Rat sexpix plz

19. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Bit too late then though isn't it? I meant release the video to prove that it is real and interest people in buying it. If it's already sold, what's the point?

20. LocalH

LocalH

The seller might reauction it then, were he to find that out, because he potentially got screwed out of $2500 more :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.