don't click here

Sonic: Secret of Mobius

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Mr Hooman, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Mr Hooman

Mr Hooman

Not Floral Fields Zone, I can tell you that.
    Not Sonic the Hedgehog - Neo Quest, I can tell you that.
    Hello Retro, I am Mr Hooman. Today I shall give away some info about my upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog hack.
    Development is in somewhat early stages still for levels but let's not worry about that for now.
    First I have to give credits to some resources and friends: A-S-H, guy that helped me start hacking. SonLVL, my main tool in the project. SonicRetro's SCHG how-to's these helped me with multiple things. (Spike bug, retain rings etc) Various SSRG guides. Midi2Smps And other hacking tools.
    Okay, I will only give away the names of 2 zones currently, because SonLVL's ini files. (They're incomplete (or mine are at least))
    The first zone I will reveal is, Mossy Lake Zone! Formerly a bad desert level this is my Green Hill modification, I spend a lot of time working on said bad desert level, and I decided, you know what, OVERHAUL TIME! So now it is a green cave with a lake. (yes green dirt) The music is a port of Mystic Cave zone's 2-Player mode.
    The other level is, Lost Temple zone. I am going to change this as well because I need a goldish pallet since SonLVL won't provide for that. This level made me hate underwater zones even more, since they're harder to edit than most others. I hope this hack turns out well and that you like the sounds of it!
    So for now, Mr Hooman out!

2. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Just FYI, making a thread about a new hack without providing screenies is generally a no-no :v:

3. Mr Hooman

Mr Hooman

Sorry! New to these parts, will try to get some images up somehow.
    Edit: My low quality pic (sorta like old Genesis magazine pics) imgur.com/snZ16Zs

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    In order to post screenshots on the forum use the direct link and add image tags. Also you can take screenshots from the emulator and save it as a bitmap rather than taking a picture of your monitor. Though your screenshot really doesn't show off much... It might be best if you wait a little bit before revealing your project as you said it's in really early development.

5. Mr Hooman

Mr Hooman

I have more work done for those wondering. Mossy Lake's layout is done. (Act 1, 2 and 3) I will admit that act 3 was kinda lazy, (just a spring that sends you to the boss) and there is no placed rings. (If you have 50 leftover from act 2 you can go to a special stage) after that the new layouts end but there is still new level names/music/pallets and get a sneak peak at the rest of the game.