don't click here

Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Fair enough but I'm sure some of those elements/jokes were kept to a minimum atleast.

Again, I really don't see Mark as "Chris-Chan the character"

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Maybe it's just because Chris-Chan also happens to represent the worst of the fandom, but the things like finding "family friendly" fan fiction and the arm gag kind of make me think that it is Chris-Chan. Also they even look kinda similar (Mark seems to be the furry version of Chris in someways).

I appreciated the episode. I definitely cringed a lot since it hits close to home, but I thought it was funny enough. I can see non die hard Sonic fans not really getting or appreciating the episode though.

3. Again, it is true you could make a good amount of connections of Mark's behavior to Chris but that kind of stuff can be associated with any overly obsessive fan like Chris.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Tomorrow's episode was written by Ian Flynn, so ya'll will probably want to watch it.

5. And due to the fact Flynn wrote the episode, the Sonic Tumblr page actually promoted the show for once!

Would really help boost those ratings if they did this every week, just saying.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A new episode of Sonic Boom airs this Saturday at 6 PM on Boomerang!

In this week's episode, written by Ian Flynn, its Sonic VS. Tails in a battle of wits. What could possibly go wrong?

#sonic boom #ian flynn #boomerang #sonic vs tails #hashtags #so many hashtags #some people say the first hashtags were created by cavemen #others claim hashtags were brought here by alien life in the mid 1600's #and to be fair -- there's really no proof that hashtags AREN'T an alien invention #so this holiday as you sit down with friends and family #and prepare to do something really stupid before posting 'hashtag yolo' #just rem8mber that nobody is going to judge you if you eat the entire pie #and between us here in the tags - we'd consider you a bona fide hero. #Safe travels for the holidays everyone! #We'll see you next week with some special (exclusive) holiday art!

Also last mention of the whole Chris-Chan/Mark the Tapir ordeal from last week.

Both Doug Lieblich and Bill Freiberger clarified more about that.

6. Spazz

Spazz

Try Happy! Oldbie
    New Orleans, LA
    tankbot
    205 & 206 as they aired on Boomerang are up on the doc. I'll replace them with HD versions once I can get them from CN.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Thanks Spazz as always.

8. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Thanks Spazz!

9. So this week's episode is called I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here, if you recall some of the concept art of Season 2 from Fire & Ice, this one specifically. It's going to be the episode where Sonic and crew are gonna do some scuba-diving.

[​IMG]

The episode is written by the director of the show, Natalys Raut-Sieuzac. She has written episodes prior to this one, three actually.

Let's Play Musical Friends (The episode where Orbot and Cubot go digital to fight off Nominatus, the only dead Sonic Boom villain in the show)
    Curse of the Cross-Eyed Moose (I recall it beiing one of the weaker episodes of Season 1)
    and Fire in a Crowded Workshop (The episode where Perci the Bandicoot appears in a major role in the show)

10. At first, I found it weird that even Sonic has diving gear because it made me think the writers forgot he can't swim.
    But now that the episode title's revealed. I can now see his fear of water is the focus of the plot.

11. It's pretty weird to think that when the very first episode of the show establishes that Sonic can't swim.

12. Well, it's been a while since I watched the first season. Some shows, even from childhood. I barely remember certain episodes.
    For example, buying the complete 1987 TMNT DVD sets, and rewatching them. Not as fun or cool as I thought it was back then.
    I started to get more into the original comics during my teen years. And I'm really enjoying the on-going IDW series, as well.
    The 2003 series, I also enjoyed. Probably helps that Peter Laird was the executive producer for it.

Now on that previous episode. That was a crazy amount of jabs against the weird and effed up side of the fanbase. Did find it amusing.
    And we got a more child-friendly take on the Misery situation. Didn't expect Stephen King references in Sonic, of all places.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Not the only cartoon character to recently do so

[​IMG]

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The first season is now on Netflix in Europe.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The most recent episode of Sonic Boom involves a hypnotizing robot named "Dreamcaster." It has swirly eyes and while everyone thinks the name is lame, Sonic likes it.

16. Yep, In the Midnight Hour was a really good episode! I was a bit curious when the plot synopsis mentioned about Sticks seeing someone and it sounded like Rouge the Bat was going to make her Boom appearance but nah, another Boom-exclusive bot ol' Eggy made. But hey, I'm sure people will like The Dreamcaster a lot more than Swifty the Shrew (though I did love how incredibly corny and 90s Swifty was, that was just great). Sticks gets to shine again quite well in this episode as well, it just comes to show that the Boom team finally nailed who Sticks is as a character in my eyes. Mixed that with a legitimate threat of plan that Boom Eggman had, with some fourth wall jokes and with a couple of referential humor as well; and you got yourself a mighty fine episode!

Wonder what the next Boom episode is gonna be, apparently it's called "Multi-Tails" but Bill Freiberger hasn't said revealed any episodes under that name so I'm skeptical about it. I guess we'll see in due time.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So what was that music playing while Sticks tried to break out through the bars?

Sounded super familiar.

18. Spazz

Spazz

Try Happy! Oldbie
    New Orleans, LA
    tankbot
    https://youtu.be/sOnqjkJTMaA?t=8m28s

19. Multi-Tails was another really good episode!

The idea of Tails cloning himself but instead of thinking, he'll doubt multiply his intelligence by having clones of himself; the reality that it just fractions the brainsmartness amongst the clones; making them pretty braindead is just hilarious. Seeing how Sonic and crew reacts to this and tries to fix it but instead making it even worse, even more hilarious, especially with Sticks and Knuckles' reactions. And Eggman having to solve it himself; that's just the cherry on top! The action sequence at the beginning was pretty good one, getting to see the Scorpion Bots for the first time is really cool and Boom Eggman back at it again with being a cunning and threatening villain. Also nice to see Sonic defending Tails when the villagers are booing at him, the bromance is strong with Boom!

Also kuddos to the Lachenaud duo for putting in a dick joke in the episode when a Tails clone gave Eggman a small towel and Eggman telling him, "how am I suppose cover anything with that; you making fun of me?" That's freaking hilarious!

But let it be known that's not the first time an adult joke was in a Sonic cartoon.