don't click here

Sonic Riders: the new Sonic game of the month.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Gamerguy, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    What the fuck have they done to the characters!? Freakishly huge heads were bad enoug now they have to make the feet and hands 3x bigger? Not to mention Tails' hair extensions. Or am I nuts and just seeing shit?

Not to mention that the new characters look like shit.

NEW: TO BE RELEASED OCTOBOR 2006: SONIC PAEDOPHILE DASH! FEATURING NEW CHARACTERS SUCH AS:

SMACKY THE PAEDO FROG
    DITTY THE JAILBAIT SKUNK
    PUMPERNICKLE THE P.I. PARROT

AND MANY MORE!

In fact, the entire cast of Sonic has been replaced for paedos and children in this game. Sonic merely appears in a cameo. BUT IT'S EXTREME BAB-AY!

Yes I've lost it.

2. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

I think this game will be good. I liked the boarding-on-a-helicopter-door section of City Escape, so this game looks like it'll be like that, but with a ton more tricks. As for the characters, some look similar to Bark and Bean, and I think they look pretty cool. Also, wanna know why the feet look big? It's not their feet, they're boarding shoes!

3. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Are we certain that this game is real and not some form of an elaborate hoax. Sonic Gems Collection had it's title copyrighted way before it was made official and the screens were released. I looked last night to see if the name had been copyrighted, and neither the US or Japanese patent office had anything about it. Usually they do this well before they release any screens. For a game that is apparantly 70% complete, Sega have made no mention to confirm it and it didn't appear at E3. Doesn't sound quite right.

4. I don't know... The character models are far too EXTREEEEEEEME, but those levels are some of the most graphically stunning levels in a next-gen Sonic game. If you see some more clear scans (I have, but can't be arsed to get the link. I think it's on Jeuxfrance or something) you'll notice that the levels easily compensate for the... Er, distasteful models. (Like, that fat bird is literally a white Vector with a pigeon head pasted on). Through there's a chance more characters appear, as I can clearly see Amy Rose in one shot and the rank in those race screens clearly says out of ten.

And a racing game can have a plot and adventure. Diddy Kong Racing, anyone?

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Higher quality screens (if you can call this game's graphics high quality) can be found at GameSpot, or more particularly, here.

6. Compared to Sonic Heroes they're high quality.

7. Okay, I agree here: the character models look like absolute shit in this game. Specifically, what the HELL is up with Tails' "little" tuft of hair?! It's like a foot and a half long! It looks completely moronic! And what is that green bird-thing which basically looks like a giant pair of boots with a tiny little head attached? Sorry, SEGA, but for once, I'm not reserving judgement. This game looks like a total piece of crap. It appears that they were trying for a more "punk" sort of style for the characters. But for Christ's sake, why? It just looks SO stupid... Those had BETTER be extremely beta shots, or this game's going nowhere.

8. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
  9. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    *sniff sniff* I smell people judging the game based on it's veeeeery eaaaarly screenies!

10. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Did you expect anything else? Unless the game has 1991 - 1994 stamped on it, most people on these forums just assume it's shit.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Me neither.

12. Nor do I.

13. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    It could depend on when those screens were taken. The game may be 70% complete, but that doesn't necessarily mean those screens were taken at that stage. They could have been taken earlier. I know they probably weren't, but we don't know the exact quality of this game until we get some decent video footage or better screens. They may be planning to put in better models for all we know.

14. BtCE

BtCE

I'm buying it, fuck you guys. :-D

[Edits grammar]

15. Elusive, there are times when I fully agree with you, and people here are judging a game too early (see "Shadow" and "Sonic Rush"). However, Sonic Riders is due for release in December. That's only three months away. It's not too early to judge this one. SEGA will be making very few changes to this before it ships if it's honestly to be released in December, and based on character design alone, I can tell you that I'm not buying this game. It looks like crap. I'm not usually a graphics whore, but the models are just so freaking ugly, I can tell you, for certain, there's no way I could enjoy playing this game.

16. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    I'm buying this too. I think it looks great.

17. EXOGGEDDEN

EXOGGEDDEN

orgasmic Member
    I'm buying this game just for the hell out of it.

18. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Gameplay accounts for something along with graphics you know. Look at Final Fantasy 7. The graphics were shit, but the gameplay was so good, it was rated the 2nd best PS1 game ever. Like I said, they could be old pics, or they might be recent pics. If they are old pics, then anything could have changed since they were taken. Wait until the game gets reviewed or until you have actually played it or seen it in action before you start saying it's a pile of shit.

19. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

Yes, I must admit, I didn't even bother judging it by it's graphics.

I judged it purely on the "Not actually running" point I had originally heard.

That is extrordinarily biased, and entirely unlike me.
    But I think I had a point.

Now I've seen the trailer, though, and I've pretty much changed my mind.

No longer am I thinking "Hey, this'll probably be crap"
    I'm now thinking..
    "OMG! WTF! This IS crap!!!"

"You can't catch up with us! Get out of my way!"
    Oh yeay. What wonderful voices they've created this time.
    I'm sure that won't get annoying within 8 seconds of having loaded it up.

It looks like the SA engine's Snowboard level has been put to an extremely cack use..

"I'll show you what true speed REALLY is!"

Then get the fuck off the damn board, and run, you moron...

20. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    What the HELL did they do to Tails!? Those gits!

This game looks terrible, but I'll probably buy it anyway... Then whine about how crap it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.