don't click here

Next-Gen Sonic Officially Confirmed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diego, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/08/news_6132842.html

Short Version:
    -Yuji Naka's probably either the producer or lead developer.
    -It's for Xbox 360 and PS3. No Revolution support here.
    -It'll be released in 2006.
    -The screenshots are from the tech demo.
    -According to Sega, Naka will "create the most intense sensation of speed ever experienced in videogames" with "an innovative combination of art, physics and game design."

In other words, nothing new except the console and release date confirmation.

EDIT: Fixed spelling errors.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Those screen shots look beautiful.

3. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    There you go. Riders for the kiddies, this for the fans. Ironic he's being used as the killer app for a non-sega console.

4. Vangar

Vangar

No soap shoes! Original ones are back!

Rika, your right. Mezmorizingly beautiful...

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Crap, I have to choose between being pro-Sonic or anti-Microsoft/anti-Sony...

... though of course no one ever mentions the Revolution, seeing as so few people seem to give a damn about it they may have skipped it over, but it may very well be coming out on that too, we'll just have to wait and see.

6. EXOGGEDDEN

EXOGGEDDEN

orgasmic Member
    This looks awesome. Let's hope they're not gonna fuck up this time too =P

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Holy snaps, orgasm.

I just don't like how they want to turn it into a "rebirth" of Sonic. Cuz it looks pretty nextgen by looking at the badniks. I hope it's a killer 3D remake of S1 though.

8. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Damnit, another new console to get...

Fantastic news there. 2005 has been the year of our fave hedgehog. Mega Collection, Gems Collection, Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders, Next Gen...

Toot toot on, Sonic Warrior!

9. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    [​IMG]
    Agreed. Now THIS ONE I'm looking forward to seeing.

10. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    They're really hoping alot of people will be buying these new consoles. I probably won't be for years, I only just recently got XBOX and PS2, mainly because the price is at this moment reasonable. I don't intend to pay more than $150 for a console system I don't care if it IS a computer system or not. I can't say much about the game because I kept getting a connection refused error while trying to connect, but I have the feeling they will make releases for the xbox/ps2, kinda like how Rockstar Games kept saying that GTA would be a Playstation exclusive game.

11. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    Damn, look like green hills, aren't they? =P
    It looks like a damn good game so far. I hope this will continue.

12. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    This looks awesome, I just hope they forget about the other things that make a game good. I don't like games that look good, but the gameplay and the story is pure shit. story (only a little bit more importent to me.) > gameplay > good graphics.

13. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    Looks very promising indeed. I like how many enemies there are in this picture, everything looks great.

14. Graphics and all look very nice, obviously, but let's step back here for a moment: isn't all this "reinventing, back-to-the-roots" spiel almost exactly the same about what SEGA said pertaining to Sonic Heroes before it's release? And didn't everyone and their second cousin do nothing but bitch and whine about that game after it came out? I wouldn't expect too much if you didn't like heroes - this looks like pretty much the same thing, only with, as far as the current screenshots show, no additional characters.

15. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

I didn't think SEGA actually said anything, I think it was just a rumour which seemed to originate from Sonic Stadium (as per usual) :P

16. Yes, thank god I got Sonic World's gamepage up before Sonic Stadium could launch their usual rumor spin on this.

17. TapamN

TapamN

Well, crap. It'll be the first new (nonport) Sonic game in five years that I won't be getting at release. Or ever get, for that matter. (Unless Sega ports it to Rev.) I hope GameSpot's wrong, or that Sega changes their mind.

18. Frigidare

Frigidare

Above picture copyright of IFG Publications Member
    Wow. Maybe they're finally listening.

19. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    I like the look of Sonic Riders AND this.

I don't like being forced to choose between pro-reinvented-Sonic and pro-Nintendo (although Nintendo have dealt me a serious no-ball with the utter failure of the DS).

Perhaps now is the time to jump ship.

20. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Well it may be just because Nintendo haven't released mcuh info about the Revolution yet, companies don't know whether they can develop for it or not. Nintendo have supported SEGA a lot since they stopped making consoles, it'd be odd for SEGA to ditch nintendo like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.