don't click here

Knuckles in Sonic 1?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Puto, Aug 27, 2005.

1. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I am talking about Sonic XD. I have the source. I have the game.

I can give a little example. When you glide fly with Knuckles and release the button, drx's Knuckles will fall with a wierd gravity and with no animation. When you jump with drx's Knuckles, and run with drx's Knuckles it feels like you are playing Sonic Spinball.

I basically made that thread in the Sonic programming forum about following the rules of the Sonic engine for a reason you know. You can actually destroy Sonic by doing the programming youself. Esrael is an example yet again, where some stuff in his Delta games are dealt with Esrael style and not Naka style, but Esrael has always been good at programming, and in Sonic thinking. Some people aren't good, but still want a piece of the Sonic engine. Thanks to IDA pro, anyone can actually take the source of any Sonic game, and mess it up, release it on the internet, and give Sonic bad publicity. Stealth made it right, and has always made it right, so thanks god he was the one who released Knuckles in Sonic 1 first.

2. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    You'll hate the next South Island Adventure.

3. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea, probably. I was prepared. I know that I can count on you though to make it Sonic-ish.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I know what you mean. I have it too.

He's rewriting things. You have to remember it was back in November of last year, nearly a year ago. I'm sure in his rewritten version, he'll port the objects themselves.

5. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    I happen to lack the 'Movie Gens' emulator. Would someone happen to have it and be able to send it?

The site linked to in the forum topic over there isn't working, and neither is the mirror. I'd rather use the GSV than the AVI because it seems people are bitching about the format it uses, and I dunno if WinAmp will show it properly (I got tired of WMP's shitty attempts at opening files, and use WA to play videos).

6. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
  7. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    That would be the site that doesn't want to work.

8. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Another small anomaly I noticed:

Push Knuckles next to an item box, and try to spindash through it. Now back up a pixel or two and try it again.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yeah, I noticed that. =P

Not sure why it does that though. Kinda messes me up in SLZ.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

Knuckles seem to act weird when he is on these ledges, all of them, in SYZ.

11. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    It's your system at fault then - I have no problem at all.

12. Seven Force

Seven Force

Eggman has seized Mobeuis! I wonder what's for din Member
    It may be handling file requests through a router, so you may need all firewalls switched off and the request started by clicking "Save target as...".

I've just tested the link by hitting "Save target as..." and it worked for me, so try that.

13. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    A little bug I noticed in a screenshot of page 5. The Palmtree tile.

[​IMG]

It is simple to correct it, but just to report.

14. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Well I guess the next holy grail of Sonic Hacking will be Knuckles in Sonic CD, right? :P

15. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    I also noticed this:

Attached Files:

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Heh, famous bug that LOst always mentions. Only bug they never fixed in any S1 revision. Simple to fix, too.

17. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    Why have I never seen that? People post screenshots but I never see it.

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    It's only one frame, and he moves pretty fast. It can be hard to see while playing on a TV.

19. Jigen

Jigen

We are all one Member
    I noticed it a while ago on Gens. But I only saw it the one time, so figured it was just one of those random glitches that rarely ever happen.

20. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Yeah, I wonder why exactly they load those tiles even though there are no Caterkillers in SYZ. Perhaps there were at one point, and they forgot to remove a load cue?