don't click here

Korean Mega Drive Sonic 2 Found!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Digmac, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So any off chance these can get dumped? it may be overall pointless but Rika brought up a good point, still gotta look for rev. 02.

2. Digmac

Digmac

Sadly I don't have any equipment to dump Genny/MD carts. Wish I did now that this came up. I'd have to send the thing to someone I think, and I'm not too sure I want to do that just yet.

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Really cool of you to be doing this Digimac! It's a positive contribution to the site and we appreciate your efforts. Hopefully you'll be approved as a member soon.

4. Digmac

Digmac

Thanks for the support guys. It's well appreciated. Just wanted to make this easier to find for the community and to have some high res documentation on it. If I can provide anything else let me know.

5. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Glad to see someone upped this to the wiki. I saw the thread about this at assembler boards but when I came here I saw that it was already on the wiki. I hope you do a full manual scan.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Thank you sooo much!

7. Digmac

Digmac

Sadly I don't have the manual with this. If I ever can get hold of one, I will ASAP. Hopefully what's out there now helps some here. If anyone has any more questions just let me know and I'll try to help as best I can.

8. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Not to hijack this thread but here is an album of my Korean Sonic collection from many moons ago.

Sadly I had to sell these and never thought to take scans but they may be of some interest:

http://imgur.com/a/sdGyQ

9. Digmac

Digmac

I saw these over on ASSEMbler. I was hoping you would chime on come on this as you have more experience in Korean Sonic collecting. If you can add anything here it would be most appreciated.

10. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Sadly I don't really have much to say. I used to trawl Yongsan for carts and these were all I ever found (aside from Gunstar Heroes and Virtua Racing) I also found the Samsung releases of Virtua Fighter and Sega Rally as well. I was lucky enough to grab a Super Aladin Boy 2 as well while I was there but it was in poor condition.

As for the Sonic games, they were identical in every way, never dumped them but I know enough about the different revisions etc to spot anything untoward. Both Sonic 1 carts were revision 0 (spike bug etc) which I found a little odd as the boxed version appeared to be a value/best seller cart.

Dr R's Mean Bean machine however was an interesting one as the cart contents were actually Puyo Puyo on which it was based.

11. Digmac

Digmac

In your time over there in Korea were you ever able to actually find a boxed copy of Sonic 2? I read your post that you had quite a while back saying how it was near impossible to find anywhere.

Quite surprised about the Mean Bean Machine cart. I think it would have been a pleasant surprise (to me anyway) if that were the case in the US.

12. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Again really cool of you to do this Digimac. We appreciate your energy and efforts! Let us know if you ever secure anything as cool as this again.

Also I hope you get approved soon! Use the remainder of your trial posts wisely and I'm sure you'll be approved soon.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Weird. At least they kept the correct game in the Korean Sonic Compilation (even if it still said "Puyo Puyo" in the cover, under the correct title).

14. Digmac

Digmac

Crazy - I mainly collect JP imports , but it seems like Korean imports have more crazy hidden gems . This Sonic 2 being a case in point .

Writing to type is sure crazy on this Galaxy Note 7