don't click here

Sonic Sunday Strips

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
  2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Well, they do already defy gravity...

3. Endgame

Endgame

Touché :v:/> :p

4. Xilla

Xilla

I knew I wasn't imagining this! :) I love how they didn't even bother explaining Robotnik's transformation into his AoStH look!

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I do believe in one of the main issues, they did. He had a page or two where he was contemplating redesigning his suit. iirc, he literally just ripped off his suit, revealing the AOSTH design underneath. Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me find it...

...if I find it, I'll edit it in~

6. Xilla

Xilla

He literally transformed into the AoStH look in StC, encasing himself in a giant egg before "hatching"!

But here in the sunday strip, he just mentions he has a new look and that's it! ;)

7. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    Why don't we talk about how awesome this pig looks :v:
    [​IMG]

8. Dr. Corndog

Dr. Corndog

That's some quality artwork. You basically never see artwork that good on the Sunday comics here in the States--certainly not these days.

9. Endgame

Endgame

It was from issues 21-22 where he transformed his image. You can read the story about it here
    [​IMG]

10. Xilla

Xilla

Yep, but the Sunday Strips aren't really connected to anything happening in StC at the time. Robotnik just says he has a new look and that's it! :)

11. Mask

Mask

You know, a lot of old comics aren't very great. They're riddled with puns, the jokes aren't funny, the dilemmas aren't exciting, and newspaper comics in particular don't have enough time to do anything interesting. But this comic is an exception to that. What's more, it really does feel Sonic like, as if it fits in well with the games.

I think part of it is Sonic isn't going to the beach, he's decided to go to spring yard zone to collect rings; which not only sounds oddly plausible for Sonic, but it sounds like it'd be fun to go and do that in a lax version of a Sonic game. Super gluing a ring in place is the right level of funny and goofy to pay off, then smacking Robotnik one and freeing the animals before clearing off is the Sonic thing to do. His solution to the problem was simple, use the spring, but it was nonetheless the Chekhov's Gun from the first panel and the sort of thing you would use to beat Robotnik. Also, that pig really is awesomely drawn, somehow, making its freedom that much more satisfying.

In other words, thank for posting! I'm going to read through these.

PS: BOY does Eggman Robotnik hire some colourful workers, in that second comic. Snivley eat your heart out.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow aosth robotnik really doesn't fit the feel of this series at all.