don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Cool. :) Thanks for sharing your impressions and observations. The scanline filter sounds awesome. Super retro.

Dude if you're hitting the Winter barcade then I want to come too! Would love to meet the creative genius behind Up. :)

This is amazing to hear. I'm so glad the feedback is overall glowing with praise. Can't wait to see more and play the final game!

2. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w4tt2_WD0M

Almost 15 years ago...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Oh gosh! Stop, you're getting me too hyped for this game. Spring can't come fast enough.

4. DropDash

DropDash

Pending Member
    So everyone who attended the 25th anniversary party received that USB with some of the music tracks, has anyone shared a 320 mp3 of Studiopolis? Tried Googling but all the results looked dodgy. :v:

5. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Tell me about it! The impressions are so glowing with praise it makes me even more hyped and excited. Spring 2017 needs to get here faster.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I don't think they were 320. From what I remember they were VBR. I could be wrong about that, though.

7. DropDash

DropDash

Pending Member
    Ah yeah makes sense since they still want us to buy it :v: , thanks. I'll stick to YouTube then. :argh:

8. Turbohog

Turbohog

It's likely that the soundtrack well get an official release. It better, considering even Sonic 4's soundtrack got a release.

9. Despatche

Despatche

Of course Sonic 4's going to get an album when it has stuff like this. Oh, but that song has too many memes, so it's only allowed to suck. Fun.

10. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    It deserves an official soundtrack release. Studiopolis alone is one of the best Sonic tracks I've ever heard. I'm not even exaggerating it's that fantastic. Tee Lopes is just a Sonic music God and his inclusion on the team makes me excited for the full soundtrack. It's bound to be fantastic across the board with Tee Lopes at the helm.

I'd buy a physical release of the soundtrack just as I'd buy a physical release of the game.

11. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    I'll just repeat what I said somewhere else:

12. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    Whoa! A older demo?! Where on earth did that person find that?! So Taxman was making Dust Hill zone past first, almost 15 years ago. Amazing.

13. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    The Egg Garden Zone demo remains one of the best Sonic fangames ever released. I remember playing it via Sfghq back in the day and the praise for it was just glowing. Everyone loved it. That demo along with the colourful and beautiful zone and perfect physics engine cemented Taxman as one of the best fangame creators ever. I'd say Stealth with Project Mettrix and his engineering tech work is probably on par. The two of them are the best fangame creators and engineers in existence. It's wonderful that Sega are letting them produce their own game.

Much deserved IMO. The guys are legends and I can't wait to see more of their work with Sonic Mania.

14. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

I would love to see side missions for each character in this game similar to Sonic Adventure or Generations but they don't have to be mandatory. They can just be there to add replay value. I'd love to run through stages in a limited amount of time with Sonic, or even collect pieces of the Master Emerald for Knuckles. I always wished S3&K had side missions although it more than held its own without them. If this game has them, it will be be the greatest Sonic game of all-time in my book.

15. Turbohog

Turbohog

I'd rather not have side missions and just have good branching paths for Tails and Knuckles so the game is worth playing with them.

16. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

So if the game has side missions, it can't have branching paths for Tails and Knuckles? I'm confused why couldn't the game just have both.

17. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Alternate routes for Tails and Knuckles are a must Sonic 3 and Knuckles style. Going by Taxman and Stealth's previous work I'd say it's highly likely they'll be included.

18. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Exactly! We know we are getting alternate paths in Mania because we even got them in Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 remasters. Side missions would only add more replay value to the game. Why not have a lot of content on this game so it is the best Sonic game ever?

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Sup, SoS attendee here =P

Mania plays beautifully - I was right at home straight away. Drop dash is a neat addition, the game is gorgeous to look at, and it really does feel like what Sonic would have been in a Sonic 4 on Saturn.

We're in safe hands on this one, kids - though I suspect we already knew that. =P

20. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    There was an engine test that preceded that one too, Egg Garden with no rings or enemies IIRC.