don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Tylinos

Tylinos

Just a heads-up, you might want to make sure the kittens you're linking to aren't so cute and fluffy. Just saying. [inlinespoiler]TSSZ links are autocorrected to "CuteFluffyKittens" here.[/inlinespoiler]

Seriously, though, to explain for everyone who can't see the original article, a group known as Narrative Ark Entertainment LLC sued Archie and Sega for copyright infringement in the past day or two. Not much more is known about the lawsuit itself, but NAE trademarked Mammoth Mogul back in June, so it's suspected that it may be Scott Fulop, the guy who created Mogul. It's also possible it's a copyright/trademark troll looking for easy money, though.

Regardless, as I noted over on Stadium, in the US there's a three year statute of limitations on copyright infringment for most cases. Because of that, if this is a legit lawsuit from Fulop over Mogul, the most it affects are the reprints of stories in Sonic Legacy Books 3 and 4, and maybe an issue of Sonic Archives or something.

EDIT: Scott also created the Destructix, who were in the Scourge: Lockdown reprint. That makes three books he can seek damages for.

EDIT 2: Oh, and the Mogul Rising reprint came out in 2014.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Man, the continuity reboot after Worlds Collide really ended up helping Flynn dodge tons of bullets. At least this only has to do with re-prints and not with his current plan. He has a fresh slate and doesn't have to deal with the mess Sega and Archie allowed to form pre issue #160.

Archie's corporate policies sound like they were written on cocktail napkins in crayon pre-2006. Whatever was laid out in those contracts certainly left them open to a lot of legal ramifications. The only reason Pender's was able to walk away with a win from his bout seems to be based on utter legal incompetence on Archie's end when it came to contracts, which is why I won't be shocked if they opt to just settle out with (assumedly) Fulop. They don't want to go through that again.

3. So much trouble over such so-so characters like Mogul and the "Destructix" ("Fearsome Foursome", as I originally knew them.).

4. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    oh jesus

[​IMG]

EDIT: I know the implication is that she's talking about being surrounded by jewels, but the internet has ruined me.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Same, and I'd bet theirs rule 34 of this already.

6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Not to get sidetracked too much, but it always bothered me that Rogue's design has her whole body shaved. Was this too much for Uekawa?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. + - Probably because her tits stick out too much in the second one.  

8. Jason

Jason

+ - Really? The breakup between the shoulders and torso makes it less like a cartoon-proportioned girl with a papier-mâché mask on her head, and more like a Sonic character with a chest plate. Girl's got a big heart on her chest, and a big chest on her heart. Plus, she's got the femme fatale trope going for her. Still, it can be taken a bit more in a prudish direction:  
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    + - How do you know that she has her whole body shaven? =P  

10. Jason

Jason

+ - I mean I guess she could shave her top half and dye her head white.  

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I think he's making other implications. Or maybe I'm just dirty minded.

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    She could just be wearing a mask and is entirely peach coloured?

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Maybe she's supposed to be some kind of naked bat. They've got a bit of hair on their heads and not anywhere else :v:

14. IrnBru

IrnBru

That art style brings me back so many years. Such a shame the little chubby guy had to transform into a lanky bandage ridden monstrosity before they started giving him some love again, such a split fan base eh?

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    :ssh:

16. Tylinos

Tylinos

New solicits are up!

http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=232924

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So, question.

Why exactly are we getting Sonic: Genesis 2? Was this not already done?

18. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Because this focuses on the Archenesis version of events, rather then just being something brought about by the Genesis Wave. Not to mention the events are probably very different, considering Bunny Rabbot was involved and the events of Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) inspired the Freedom Fighters, instead of them being a group before Sonic comes along:

[​IMG]

19. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Well this completely shits on my motion-comic of the first Genesis. :v:

That being said, Genesis is a good read if only to explain some of the references in Worlds Collide and #252. (Death Egg, Genesis Wave, Mecha Sally) It's a better starting point for getting into the comics.

20. Jason

Jason

Can Ian Flynn write the games now, please?
    [​IMG]