don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^Explain. What was put off because of this now?

Oh that end of act lean against sign post animation is what I've been looking for for years. Although I can't kind of help thinking that the new sprites don't line up completely with the refined Sonic 1 sprites. Like that look up sprite is adorable but it just looks kinda different. Anyway who knows this game still has like, 7 months of development left anyway and that is the most minor green eye esq nitpicking I can do, basically looks perfect to me overall.

I'm excited to see new Tails and Knuckles sprites though. We never get new sprites for either of those characters, and it would be nice for the symbol on Knuckles' chest to not be tan this time. Excited to see Robotnik's sprite too.

2. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    Well I'm sold. I thought we would never see and original Sprite based sonic game again... That 2.5D just looks ugly. So so so happy and excited for a sonic game for the first time in years.

3. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I don't think I have anything to say about this that hasn't been said. Never in a million years did I think SEGA would have the spine to do something like this again. This was an amazing surprise.
    + - Modding support when  

4. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    I can't believe it
    This game is like a dream and I love it.

5. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I was about to collapse from sleep deprivation when they showed the trailer. I became so excited that I forgot how to sleep.

So that's the contract project Stealth has been working on! Amazing stuff, can't wait to play it! (Playable demo for non-attendees when)

6. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm a huge fan of Taxman and this is great, looks fantastic.

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I think that might have been the realisation they had in 1992 when developing Emerald Hill Zone - that it's better if you don't rely too much on checkerboards. Sonic Advance had similar ideas too.

Here's some old cack I did years and years and years ago - it doesn't take much to give things a bit of depth.

8. Studiopolis music sounds for Sonic-y that it's surreal. While I'm not sure if the composer was announced, but this definitely sounds like someone UNDERSTANDS (?Understand Understand?) how music in classic Sonic games should work, in contrast to yelling cat that is Sonic 4 music. Maybe someone from Sonic ATS OST crew had a hand in this?

Also... Between Sonic Mania, Sonic 2017 and Freedom Planet 2, can we announce #TheYearOfFast?

9. Felik

Felik

Music is by Tee Lopez

10. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Oooh, I wonder if we will finally get to see some of Taxman's scrapped original creations intended for Sonic CD?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    You can see some of the Final Fever scaffolding in Studiopolis, so the original versions, probably not.

12. I was not expecting this. Holy crap.

A brand NEW classic 2D Sonic?? Made by TAXMAN and STEALTH?!

I...I...I can't even...glorious @.@

13. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    I thought about that earlier. Final Fever was re-using Sonic Crackers art, so that's probably a no-go. I'd love to see Desert Dazzle in finalized glory, though. Hell, while we're at it, throw in a Wood Zone expy! (A man can dream)

14. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BIMCQrGgbEB/

Is that a Genesis controller they're playing on? My money, ALL of it! TAKE IT!

15. Turbohog

Turbohog

Hard to tell, but it kind of looks like it. I would love to have an official Geneis/Megadrive controller for the pc.

16. nesboy43

nesboy43

The booth I played on used an Xbox 360 controller, but there was a section upstairs with more demo stations.

17. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Just make it PS4/Xbone compatible too...please Sega gods...

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Has this been mentioned yet?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/22/sonic-mania-announced-a-new-2d-adventure-on-ps4/

19. Yeah I did see this and it worried me a little to be honest.

20. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    One day later and I'm still at a loss for words. Taxman, Stealth, SEGA, and everyone else involved, I know this game isn't even out yet but I just wanted to say thank you. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is my all-time favorite video game (and I wasn't even born until 1995 and first experienced it through Sonic Mega Collection on the GameCube!), and I had always wondered what a proper follow-up would be like. I don't need to go into detail about how much I was disappointed by Sonic 4, but nonetheless I am very pleased that we are FINALLY getting a "real" Sonic 4, and you guys were always my first choice in mind for who I would want to develop a proper 2D classic-styled Sonic game. This is something that I had been hoping for ever since Sonic CD came out on the iPhone, and now it's literally a dream come true. So I just wanted to say, thank you, thank you so. freaking. much. Best of luck to you guys and the development of this game!