don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Oh, that's cool. I really hope the Instrumental covers of the Sonic themes are being recovered somewhere. Not sure if they're embedded in the code or just downloaded temporarily, but it's nice hearing the additional guitars (or synth for the Sonic Colours theme) on top of the regular karaoke versions.

2. Felik

Felik

So the Mephiles character/event was never released right?

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Shame to see the game go. I'm a little bit shocked actually. I thought the game was doing well? Was it really doing that terribly to be closed? IMO they should have just rebooted it as an offline game. I'm betting the online only killed this what with limited data plans and lack of data in emerging markets. They capped the potential off from the beginning with this one. The game should have had an offline version or mode. Too many potential customers were fenced out. It's a shame.

Hopefully Sonic Team's next mobile effort is better and gains more traction.

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Were the colors really necessary? They make your post near-unreadable for folks using the Ruster Copper skin.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Quite. I've edited the colour out of the posts - don't do that again, please.

6. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Mephiles was released. However, there wasn't a Sonic 2006 event (and I don't think there were any assets to suggest that they were planning one).

In fact, for the music events that they have, they just skipped from Sonic Heroes to Sonic Colors, so it looks like they won't be using any music from Sonic 2006.

7. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

It kinda sucks. Because I only played it because I had Classic Sonic unlocked. But now that means nothing when the servers go down. I liked the game a lot when it first launched in the US. I never played it during the soft launch period, but the initial release was really fun. Now it's not. If the game hadn't tried to desperately try to take money from us with it's pay to win attitude, I might have liked it more. Sadly, they went that route a few months after it went global.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well at least we got a couple gems from this. That time knuckles said damn, boob the ghost, and who could forgot eggman thanking satan for his help.

Oh the memories.

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Let us not forget, the pinnacle of Sonic Runners.
    [​IMG]

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Good ol hunk of meat. Who could forget classics like Sonic & Hunk of meat or hunk of meat the ribeye.

11. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Which event was that from? I thought the Hunk of Meat was released without any event.

12. Shame to see this go. Between the performance issues, and the fact that there was little to no reason to actually spend any money in the game (unlike Sonic Dash), I can see why this failed. I still don't understand the choice to go with 3D environments...not that they should have been that taxing on hardware to begin with. I would have rather prefered an offline version, with pseudo 3D if need be, and a reason to spend money.

13. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

So, just getting to the end of the Story Mode now (Stage 50-1) and I've just hit the ridiculous 40,000,000 point progression markers.

I'm aiming to hit one checkpoint per day so I should be done with the Story mode before the servers go down. (I'm getting horrible disseration flashbacks all of a sudden... "Just <x> amount of words per day and I've got this!")

Anyway, any tips or buddies that would help get this done with less pain? I've been more or less using point boosting Chao (Egg Shell and Halloween) for a steady score boost, but if there's a better thing to put emphasis on, I'm all for it.

Any advice will be greatly rewarded with a welcoming thumbs up in your vague direction.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I was quite intent on playing this game up until it closed, but I ran out of storage space just the other day and needed to get shot of some apps. Runners was first in the firing and I'm actually kind of glad. Just can't be bothered with it. The game is at the end of its life. Why not automatically just unlock everything for everyone? It would be a nice way to end it at least.

15. MartiusR

MartiusR

I'm personally using christmas yeti, its support for combo counter is giving quite nice bonus for collected points. In speed levels I'm taking Amy as second character, she's good if you' dealing well (or at least decent) with collecting animals, these are probably one of the best way to obtain big amount of points (it's good to charge into big amount of enemies if you've just obtained magnet - much easier to collect all these animals). Good alternative for second character is one of the dark character (especially now, when you can buy any of them for red coins - yup, no need for wasting it in roulette). I would generally recommend to avoid all these buddies which are giving bonuses only in very strictly definied situations - even constant boost to score/combo is better than fancy bonus once per whole run (quite often not even once).

Relatively good practice is to take as bonuses all three "color" wisps and using them only in situations when you're character is going to die for 100%, it requires some reflex, but it can really extend your single run. Alternatively - take only two (drill and someone else), and as third bonus take magnet - and then, when you'll see big amount of stuff to collect near the ground, use first magnet and then, if there is drill around, just collect it, if not (or you've missed it), the use drill from your equipment - you can have really nice amount of points in such situations.

I'm not great player in Runners, but these things sometimes really helping me in obtaining big amount of points.

16. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Many thanks, this has already been a great help.

I feel a bit silly as I didn't even realise you could purchase certain characters with enough Red Rings. I can see the benefit in putting emphasis on the Animals with Amy. It seems to be making things go by a bit quicker.

I've been practicing keeping a digit near the Item button to react with a Wisp power-up if I'm going to fall/get hit. Fingers crossed I can get the timing right. Cheers again!

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Okay, just started Sonic Runners on the 2nd of June. yeah I'm late to this I know...

Game was a breeze until 25-1 when it just became a horrid grind to get through. now I'm currently at 35-1 in the campaign and god damn I feel like I'm being throttled now. fuck I need to get this done before the game shuts down next month stop with the BS runners.

Eggman shouldn't be a 15 hit boss battle! what the hell seriously...

On the plus side I unlocked ESP Silver today and Silver a few days before so thats cool. how does ESP Silver play compared to normal Silver? haven't tried him yet until I get him evenly leveled with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and the other Silver.

Somebody better be getting these Unleashed and Colors remixes btw...

WHAT?!?!

FUCK!

18. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    oh it gets better, I stopped playing when it was around 20.

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Fucking seriously?!

What contrived crap to pad out the game and whats fucked is since Red Rings are a harder to acquire item and its the only thing to exchange for anything in this game it leaves me stuck sometimes waiting a full day to get the boss battle finished. good luck to me for unlocking any characters from here on out seeing as special eggs aren't gonna be coming anytime soon, no way I'm I 1 go'ing a boss battle at this point its taking 2-3 tries now at the least.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Boss battles cap out at 20 hits. The best way to win at them in one go is to use two characters, two Wisps, invincibility, Caliburn and a Wizard Chao to extend that invincibility. It's bullcrap though.

I take it you're starting to get a feel for why the players started dropping off the game and never returned?