don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Ahaha, yeah...

[​IMG]

;_;

2. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Let it all out, man. I can't remember what I backed but it was about £50 worth in Brit-bucks. I'm not ready to forgive myself just yet. I just want the game to come out, so I can complete it and finally find some closure to this never-ending horror story.

3. Felik

Felik

Well at least you guys had your sweet revenge on Capcom. That's something, right?

4. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    My hope was that Mighty No. 9 would emerge as a serious enough competitor to Mega Man that Capcom starts to make more Mega Man games in response, but that's probably not going to happen.

At least we can count on a vibrant fan community to keep releasing decent fangames. Seriously, fangames like Mega Man Unlimited, Mega Man Rock Force, and Mega Man SFR nail the formula very closely and feel authentic. There's also Japanese-made fan demakes of Rockman 7 and 8, and still more games in the works like Mega Man Recharged, Mega Man Infamous Intent and a huge overhaul to Mega Man Revolution.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That wasn't really why I backed it, I thought people using that as the reason were being dumb back then and still think so now.

I just wanted a new good Mega Man game by Inti Creates.

6. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Pretty much this, and then Azure Striker Gunvolt came out, which was basically what I wanted from the start (I grew crazy fond of the Zero/ZX series, so that was great for me).
    Very hard to believe with the hype and the people involved that Mighty No 9 would turn out so... average looking?

Are 2 Player Productions still making a documentary about this Kickstarter, or has that gone out of the window now? I would love to see what went wrong in the long run..

7. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    From the Sonic Fb page:

8. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    I like how one of the responses was "No, turn around Sonic".

9. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    They can throw the "evolution of Sonic" in my face another million times and I'm still going to fucking hate the modern design.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I don't hate the modern design, but it's very sterile and dull. It has improved a ton since the Adventure Era though.

Generations classic forever though

(And nice use of a Sonic 2 beta sprite :v: )

11. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I still miss the Adventure design to be honest :/// or rather, how he was portrayed in the artwork in Adventure 1. I still think that SA1!Sonic looks like the closest to how an aged-up Sonic should look. Something about that confidence and his proportions.

A shame that the 3D models never remotely came close to looking like that. I'd dig a 2D Sonic game that would use the street-art-like designs from the Adventure era as the in-game graphics.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Challenge issued: I want to see an animation of this now.

13. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Still pushing the Sonic 1 nostalgia card pretty hard. I stand by what I've previously said; the new game is classic Sonic/Sonic 1 related. Also the post heavily infers we'll be getting some news in June which is understandable given the actual anniversary is coming up on June 23. Announcement prior to the anniversary?

14. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I still doubt it has anything to do with classic Sonic. I'm pretty sure the focus on the original games is just because, you know, it's an anniversary. I think (and hope) it'll be another modern, 3D game.

In any case, I love Sonic's modern design, but sign me the hell up for that 2D Adventure-style game.

+ - I would probably die of happiness if we ever got something like Wario Land: Shake It!  

15. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Not bothering anyone else the way Modern Sonic stops animating once his foot makes contact with the floor? He just sorta slides out of frame on his heel.

I mean, Classic Sonic isn't animated at all but that sorta works as it appears he's leaping through the ring.

16. Super Egg

Super Egg

Master of MS Paint. Member
    Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    So are we not going to talk about the fact that this animation uses the Sonic 2 Beta Walk frame?

Fuck a Sonic 1 remake............

It's a Sonic 2 Beta remake

17. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    A Sonic 1 remake is what I'm expecting given the promotional images thus far. Truth be told the game could be anything however. It's still too early to tell. We just haven't seen enough yet though it'd be strange if the game has nothing to do with Sonic 1 after pushing it so hard.

The anniversary is soon so it looks like the wait might finally be over. Shouldn't be long now.

18. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    Hopping on that re-make train, instead of just Sonic 1, it could also bring in Sonic 2 as well, maybe even Sonic CD! I'd love a game that brings together 1-3&K, but 1/CD/2 seems the more likely course, and would give reason to FINALLY include those TaxStealth remasters on consoles we all love sooo much, possibly as Anniversary Editions or something.
    But, meh, wishful thinking and all that. Hopefully an announcement is made this month, waiting until that party simply leaves too little time to build up hype and market it.

Both look like stills to me, Modern just tilts slightly, that or I need to get me eyes checked again :specialed:

19. Just interested in what you mean by a Sonic 1 remake? I'm not sure how they could remake it to be honest, I mean we already have green hill generations and the tax remaster!

20. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well it'd be a direct 2.5D remake of the game as the Green Hill Zone graphics in these images implies. I'm not going to link it but I saw a rumour floating around that the game is a Sonic 1 remake and that it's very close to Sonic 1 using the same levels and level layouts and so on. The rumour also said (and I'm going to spoiler this just in case):

That the game ends with a teaser for a Sonic 2 remake.

As I said most Sonic rumours on random/obscure sites are bullshit so take this with a grain of salt but the promotional images indicate to me that a Sonic 1 remake is both possible and implied. Guess we won't have long to wait until the silence is broken and we get concrete news as to what the game really is.