don't click here

Sonic 3 Complete

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tiddles, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Sometimes people keep their topics about their projects consistently up to date; sometimes they don't and other people do it for them. The people behind this project from what I've seen hasn't made a point against people not on the project doing so.

What exactly makes Brainulator's update (which comes months since the project was last updated with new information) so offensive, let alone so unnecessary? Did he take a shit in your morning cereal or something to get this response?

2. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A DUMBASS?!?! I AM A GRADE-A STUDENT AND HOW DARE YOU TAKE ME FOR BEING STUPID BECAUSE I POSTED INFORMATION THAT WASN'T POSTED HERE BEFORE?!?!

Going off of that imitation of TheOrionBroadcast (a dead horse from 2013), I fail to see the problem with posting information on here.

3. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Managed to get some camera screwery in Hydrocity 2 and I'm entirely not sure how. First one was during the wall chase, where it wouldn't pan past the highest part of the segment (you could barely see Sonic's feet) and eventually stopped me from progressing past the barrel at the end of it. Time Over fixed it, but then at the second half-tube that spirals down, the camera stopped scrolling and it acted as a pit. Respawning didn't fix it. I eventually just restarted from Act 1 and and it worked fine.

4. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Just a small quirk I came across that may have been mentioned, but Knuckles uses Tails' long distance sprite for standing on the Tornado as Sonic flies the plane behind Angel Island and is therefore also not seen carrying the Master Emerald as a result. I was wondering if this minor thing could be fixed. I'm running out of things to find wrong with this perfect game, hehe.

[​IMG]

5. Brainulator

Brainulator

Perhaps that Tails shouldn't be constantly bombed and that beating Sky Sanctuary Zone Act 2/B as Sonic/Tails should boot the title screen? Just some thoughts.

6. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    What...? You can't play Sky Sanctuary B as Sonic/Tails. If you try to it just rejects with a horn sound. Knuckles uses the same sprite as Tails during that brief sequence and it looks completely off especially when he's supposed to be carrying the Master Emerald. Clearly, a sprite for that never existed. I'll put one together for Tiddles to use if he wishes though.

7. Brainulator

Brainulator

What about Debug Mode? :( I mean, this is what happens when you play Sonic/Tails's final bosses as Knuckles.

8. ...

9. MrMaestro

MrMaestro

Not your average member of a forum
    Singapore
    Solving a Rubik's cube
    Another idea might be when you play as sonic alone it uses that surfboard intro but with sonic and tails it uses tornado intro... just a suggestion

10. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Sorry, the surfboard intro will never be implemented because the code is gone from the S&K code base and only exists in S3. And even if we went through the trouble of porting the object over from S3, it's incomplete so the title card and HUD never show up, and then we'd also have to redraw all the sprites to properly fit the S1/S2/S3 style depending on the patch option, so it's definitely something you shouldn't expect to be hidden behind an obscure set of cheat codes or anything.

11. Brainulator

Brainulator

You'd also have to take into account the dramatic effect of Knuckles ambushing Sonic.

Then again, we should also worry about how Knuckles can steal your Chaos Emeralds even though you already collected them.

12. MrMaestro

MrMaestro

Not your average member of a forum
    Singapore
    Solving a Rubik's cube
    I now see many things wrong with that idea.

Not to mention that would mess-up the timeline of sonic 3 & knuckles.

What about knuckles gliding and climbing in 2p mode, cause there's sprites for that... I think.

EDIT: 7/1/2016 - There is sprites for that.

13. Brainulator

Brainulator

Tiddles already said that Competition Mode is very low priority, although they have enough differences in acceleration to be different.

14. Despatche

Despatche

Hi! I'm sure you've had enough grovelling, but I also want to thank the team for putting this together. For me, the most important parts are the S&KC tracks (thank you) and the S1/2 act clear jingle, though the S3 tracks toggle is pretty cool too.

15. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Someone wanted Tiddles to address this:

My link

Something about a feature on the PC port.

16. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973

17. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Bug or not, I really did enjoy Big Arms' ability to knock the rings out of Super Sonic though. It seemed like a nice call back to the beginning cut scene of the game, and made the boss actually threatening in some way.

Either way, I still appreciate the awesome things this hack has done so far.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    But nothing suggests that it was a bug... right?

19. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Apart from leaving you in semi-super state, with regular sprites but super colors, with invincibility music still running, I don't think so no

EDIT: My attorney tells me none of the above is true, however, the point still stands (?)

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Aside from the fact that it was fixed in S3K, and that it's the same thing as the ice balls in Ice Cap Zone (that were only half-fixed) + - and the spike bug in Sonic 1