don't click here

Sonic Extreme

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SegaLoco, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Borman

Borman

There he is :P

As Proton mentioned, we had a few near deals years ago that didn't work out for one reason or another, almost entirely on me to be fair. It just happened that this time it worked out.

There isn't a whole lot of data in the build, but I do have dates and Im thinking the story from Vision Scape will be worth the wait. Hopefully.

[​IMG]

2. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Nice!

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That item monitor is the most practical version of the classic item monitor in 3d... and it's in a tech demo for sonic the hedgehog pro skater here of all things.

4. Borman

Borman

Posted a short clip.
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y40JNzMumc0[/media]

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I actually really like all of the aesthetic choices I see here. I like the heavier shadows on the models (even makes the Heroes-esque model look not nearly as bad). Also really like the ring models a ton. Very similar to the SA and SA2 ring models. I wish Sonic games of the 6th Gen consoles looked more like this.

6. Turbohog

Turbohog

Nice video! I've got to say I can really see why this was never developed further though. That camera is pretty horrid, especially when Sonic jumps off the halfpipes and stuff.

7. Borman

Borman

To be fair, if you went off of early prototypes for any game, big or small, you would say they are pretty horrid most of the time. Those details usually aren't that big of a worry at this point so long as they somewhat work.

8. nesboy43

nesboy43

Great to see this new footage, thanks Borman. I recognize you from NeoGaf, love all the unreleased games you show off.

9. Yuzu

Yuzu

Thanks for the new footage Borman! Looking forward to seeing more.

10. Borman

Borman

Just as an update, Im still waiting to hear back from people. I can still make an alright video without developer input talking about the timeline of this game, but I hate to speculate if I don't have to. Creates more work for me really.

11. Borman

Borman

The Full Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhrqSGBGNic
    Extended Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dB4Tii-GE8

12. Borman

Borman

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I might be looking to sell the game on or do a community release. Need to free up some funds for the equipment I need to properly dump around 200 data tapes, going to cost a bit more than I expected.

13. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Damn, noone responding. That don't look good for having a community release. Would have been good to have the game released too.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Data tapes as in cassettes with computer games? Moar details please.

Man, it hasn't even been half an hour yet since he posted... =|

15. Borman

Borman

Super DLT and DLT4 tapes mostly. Unlikely to have anything Sonic related on them unless they outsourced certain bits to a number of the companies these tapes came from. But either way, there will be some freely released stuff coming from the lot, including some possible source code for Saturn stuff.

16. Turbohog

Turbohog

I for one would be interested in a community release. Are you looking for someone else to dump it?

17. Borman

Borman

The game is dumped, thats not the issue. Moreso that Im in for $650 total for everything I bought, and at least half of that value would be in Sonic. Id be looking for around $300, which would include the Tech Deck XBE that runs with the same data.

18. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I can chip in for a community release.

19. Borman

Borman

There's one :P

Just to give an idea of why I need to sell a few items, this is what I am dealing with:

[​IMG]

20. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Just to put this in perspective: DLT4 tapes can hold 20, 35, or 40 GB depending on model; SuperDLT 1 tapes, 110 or 160 GB.

That's potentially a lot of interesting stuff. :colbert: