don't click here

SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub (PC/Steam)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    True, but this is a refresh of that content in which the remasters have come out prior. If this came out before the remasters, I'd agree with you.

Here's some footage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRsmDSwafB0
    The controller models don't look quite right, but the overall look of the room is in the 90s is spot-on, at least from my childhood. More Sega merch and Sonic comics than I had, though.

Love some of the book titles, too. "90s fashion, an apology", "Y2K, The Lie".

2. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Well it didn't take long, people have been uploading not only "mods" that don't belong to them, but even games that don't either. Contra was recently just spotted on the workshop.

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Uh...how do you even submit mods anyway? I want to put up stuff that belongs to me but I can't even find where to go...

4. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    I believe it's somewhere in the game hub itself.

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Already looked and I can't see any option in the hub.

6. Genuinely curious, is there any advantage to using this over say, Retroarch?

7. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    Just figured it out. It's in the tools section of your Steam library. It's a separate thing that requires its own installation.

8. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    An officially endorsed, easy to navigate hub for ROM hacks? This way, you don't have to search through a bunch of forums to find stuff.
    Seriously though people, we should get everything here uploaded, pronto.

9. sebmal

sebmal

I am the man! Oldbie
    heelo I hav a hacks http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674679789 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674682221

10. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    By the time I got things sorted someone already uploaded Sonic 2 Dimps Edition.

Excellent. Perhaps something needs to be done in regards to other people uploading other people's work.

11. Glaber

Glaber

It might not ammount to anything, but I think we should start with a PSA and policing the workshop. If you are a hack authour or one of a team and spot your hack uploaded by someone else, make them aware that you don't aprove.

12. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    This is neat: The official roms are now uncompressed and in a clearly labeled folder, allowing them to be used with a separate emulator if you want.

And about the people uploading others' work, you can just upload it too. Some of them appear to have said that they will take theirs down if the original creator asks them to.

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I will never use Steam in my life, so if some trusted member wants to upload my old hack and let me know how it goes, be my guest.

14. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Can't seem to upload anything, all I get is "loc_tool_illegal_characters_desc". I thought it meant there was illegal characters that I used in the description, but even when I blank it completely, it still won't do it.

EDIT: Seems that if yo encounter this error once, you have to discard the whole thing and start again. Weird bug.

Well, Sonic Bash is up: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674723549

S2R is next...

15. Glaber

Glaber

anyone else noticing that Sonic Retro is going up and down? Maybe the wiki should temporarily go down with a notice related to steam workshop.

16. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    That's unrelated to the MD Classics Hub. The server's been having problems for several weeks now, and unfortunately the scheduled maintenance that was supposed to fix it has been postponed.

17. Glaber

Glaber

Oh, I thought people were mass downloading the hacks to try to be the first to reupload them

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    So is there any quality control or anything stopping people from uploading entirely different games?

19. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLmVAjnvAY4
    Friend made this in 30 minutes last night and it's getting noticed. I'm so proud.

20. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Since in 3 hours someone already uploaded Contra: Hard Corps as a "hack" of Sonic 1, as well as other unlicensed games like Super Donkey Kong 99, I guess it's safe to say there is no moderation at all. I also saw multiple hacks from other members of this site and I wonder if they were actually uploaded by their creator.