don't click here

you love sonic?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by hoaxer, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoaxer

hoaxer

Pending Member
    Tell me and others when did you find out you liked sonic? what sonic game was you on when you knew sonic was for you? what your all time sonic game favorites and loves and hates for the games :P

I found out I love sonic when I was six year old, my mum got me a Megadrive for Xmas but it wasn't for sonic it was for worms 1 but I didn't know how to play worms and sonic 1 come free with Megadrive so I played on sonic and I couldn't stop playing. I favorit game is knuckles in sonic 3 I love playing tails, I hate CNZ in sonic 3 *IT SUCKS I ALWAYS DIE* and I love CPZ for sonic 2.
    - hoaxer :D

2. sLorD

sLorD

Pending Member
    When I was young, like...when I was 5 years old.
    I saw some Sonic game in a shop (it was Sonic 1 for Genesis/Megadrive) and thought "boy, you gotta get that game".
    And so, I got Sonic 1 for SMS on Xmas (I didn't have a Gen./MD at that time :)) and played it again and again.
    That started it all...My favorite sonic game is as well S3&K, but I also love S2...they're both such fucking awesome games. Yeah, nice memories...btw what I always liked about the Sonic games were their soundtracks :drool:

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I never actually owned a megadrive until about '95, before then I used to go round my friends houses and play Sonic all the time. It was just so fun. I also took in my megadrive to school on the last day of term and we had various rounds of 2player Sonic 2. Ah the memories.

4. Timecrash

Timecrash

I, Timecrash, will knock you all down! Member
    If only I could do that in my school....

I first got into Sonic when I got a Genesis with Sonic 2 for my birthday. I really don't know how that happened, I guess my parents thought it was a good idea.

5. Sim

Sim

To protect the world from devastation! Pending Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    Sudoku Punisher
    When I was eight years old I got my Megadrive inclusive Sonic 2 at christmas. The first videogame in my life :D. I can remember that I was afraid of the first Robotnik.

I often played with the sound test and I liked the HPZ theme very much. At that time I thought it would be a kind of ending music but of course I found it nowhere in the game :no: and that was the beginning of my research xD

6. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Yeah, I kinda just...watched my friend play Blue Sphere on his Genesis for a couple years. Then, all that got lost in favor of the N64 because of ONOES SUP3R M4R10 S1XT33-F0UR, but when I got SA2:B for my Gamecube...good times, good times. Wasn't long before I got Mega Collection, and the rest is history. Well, not really, but you get the point, I hope.

7. hunterex2000

hunterex2000

Searching for the answers... Often running into br Member
    East of England
    Trying to stop smoking... Sweet, sweet nicotine.
    Christmas 1992. Got a Master System II with Sonic 1 built in. Fun fun.

Then my MS busted a few weeks later, so we took it back to Future Zone (I.e; Electronics Boutique, I.e; Game) and they exchanged it for a Megadrive II 'cos my Dad kicked up a stink about a ruined Christmas! ;)

I bought Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 with it, and they kicked ass. Later I won Sonic 3 in a magazine competion, and I got Sonic & Knuckles four days early 'cos my uncle worked in the local Dixons. He told me that I was the first person in the world to get a copy! I was so proud. Then he got disciplined by the area manager. I felt so bad... :(

Anyway, then I got a Saturn, then a Dreamcast with SA. That rocked back in '99. Then I got Sonic Shuffle for my birthday, which I took back and exchanged for Jet Set Radio. (That game invented cell shading...)

SA2 was awesome. And now, with my DS and my 'Cube I've got all the games made for the next gen systems. Sonic's my number one character ever and nobody will ever change my mind on that.

Can't wait for Sonic Rush! I can finally touch up Sonic! :)

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    The year was 1991. I was at a girls house, and I asked if thas game with the blue character was good, because the character looked so familiar to me in some way.

And yes, after that day, Sonic has been one of my top interests. My brother always baought a new Sonic game the first day it arrived, that includes Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles. I have been lucky for that, and I have seen most endings and secrets without even playing the game. It wasn't until 1995 when I got my own Megadrive and my brother's Sonic games, that I had to play through them myself in order to see all the endings and stuff.

So I have been with Sonic from the beginning, until today! Nonstoppable!

9. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    An electric shock changed my views about Sonic. I'l explain it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

10. hunterex2000

hunterex2000

Searching for the answers... Often running into br Member
    East of England
    Trying to stop smoking... Sweet, sweet nicotine.
    :wtf:

11. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    I didn't get into Sonic as early as you do, my first Sonic game was Sonic Jam back in 1997. Boy did it rock... I wish I hadn't lost the game :thumbsup:

12. EXOGGEDDEN

EXOGGEDDEN

orgasmic Member
    I was 4 years old and wasn't allowed to touch the Genesis my siblings used to play all the time. I was only allowed to watch them play. When I turned 5, my parents got me a Game gear with Sonic chaos. I loved that game and played it all the time, and eventually decided to collect all Sonic games on Game Gear, and eventually did.

By 1996/1997, I got bored as hell with Sonic, and haven't played any Sonic games since then. I then got a N64 and a GBC and played the hell out of them. After a while, Pokemon Red & Blue arrived, and since then, I was nuts about Pokemon. Didn't play anything other than Pokemon games. I played really few games outside Pokemon. This made me forget what Sonic is. The Pokemon fad was raped by 2002, and I was just playing random games at that time.

However, somewhere between July and August 2002, I was sleeping over my cousins' house and was reading some games magazine while one of my cousins was watching TV, and the other one was probably daydreaming or something(?). An article about Sonic Advance cought my interest, and I started reading it and remembering the good ol' days when I used to play Sonic, and then my cousins and I started talking about those awesome memories and times we had playing Sonic.

I went and bought Sonic advance the very next day, and played the fuck out of it. After beating the game(which didn't take long), I went and bought Sonic Adventure 2 for the GC, and yay, I became a Sonic fan again =P

13. Frigidare

Frigidare

Above picture copyright of IFG Publications Member
    I think I'm going to be the first and last person to say this, but my first ever Sonic experience was Sonic Spinball, which I played at my cousin's house. Then one day while we were at a flea market my dad bought me a second hand Mega Drive and a copy of Sonic 1. I played the hell out of it.

14. tooncy

tooncy

I fell in love with the game the first time I played it.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Since 1991. Green Hill rulezzzzomg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.