don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Cinossu, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sonic 4 Episode I 1080p patch!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    by Master Emerald based on Jackfuste's patch for EPII!

Unpatched:
    [​IMG]

Patched:
    [​IMG]

Download!

2. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

To be honest, I don't really see a lot of difference. Can someone explain to me what the benefits are?

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Look at sonic's eyes. The resolution upgrade is incredible.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Look at the model.

All the models in game get rendered at 1080p instead of 720p. If you look at all the 3D models they are rendered at a bigger resolution now:

Unpatched
    [​IMG]

Patched
    [​IMG]

Open both in a new tab and to make a comparison.

Also a closer comparison just for Sonic model:

[​IMG]

Also, no downsides on this patch, everything gets rendered perfecly, menus, etc.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Pictures are broken ME. Gotta reupload them, Try imageshack.

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    They're working fine for me.

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Here, Lanzer, I reuploaded just the critical image:

[​IMG]

Also, can some techie try to remove the bilinear filtering?

8. Graxer

Graxer

There has been a major graphical update to the iOS version of the game which replaces all character models with the Android versions instead of the Sonic Rush style low-poly versions, and allows for high resolutions, unlike the old version that was only 480x320px. The icon has also been updated from being a low-resolution mess on modern devices.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh ok, that's... odd. Why are they supporting this still?

And apparently the android version was updated March 3rd. Huh.

Anything in these updates point to a sonic 4 episode 3?

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Someone at Dimps must have lost a bet.

11. "Sonic 4: Episode 1" is now compatible with Android 5.0 marshmallow. Now I've own it on the console I've owned (Wii, tablet and PC). I love this game.

12. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    Wow, that's really nice and unexpected. Good to see Sega still supporting something released in 2010.

Only issue is the sound effects and possibly music seem to be running at a lower pitch on my iPhone 5.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Would love to see that model hit the Steam version. I know there was a mod around here for that at some point, but having that be officially released would be nice.

14. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Yeah, visually Ep1 looks better/smoother and it's nice to have the game compatible on my phone again.

I wish they would add an option allowing you to increase the size of the d-pad like you can in Sonic 1&2.

15. Truner

Truner

On iOS 9.3.1 (iPhone 6s), it's hot garbage. Badly scaled, controls seem to be smaller now and of course linking to Episode II still doesn't work; speaking of which, the tutorial in Episode II is misaligned for some reason.
    On Android, it used to run before the update, now it doesn't, so there's that. Android version was looking sweet already though.

16. Was a pleasant surprise. Even though it's obviously got it's flaws I still enjoy the game.

Good to see SEGA shaping up the quality of past titles.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Still trash.

And the resolution is off. The loading screens are noticeably stretched and in gameplay the top and bottom of the screen are cut off. So for all that it may look better, it's definitely botched. I just can't figure out why they're bothering?

18. Truner

Truner

Also this update means that the only available version in which Sonic checks his phone while idling is gone now. A real shame.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Okay, so, I really can't figure this out. Sonic 4 sucks. Everyone and their dog knows it and is fed up of talking about it. It's also five and half years old at this point. Why have SEGA bothered so long after both of the games were removed? This update isn't without its own problems either - low res textures, poor music looping and the sound effects are all incredibly low pitched. It's not like I want or expect them to fix the game's fundamental issues or anything. But it's just that releasing a sloppy update after everyone had long since stopped caring seems odd.

20. Apologies if this is off topic, but I'm taking a real long absence, and before I do, I want to say this: thank you. Thank you to all who put up with me here. Thank you Mainmemory for helping me with C#, and thank you to the rest who put up with me on the IRC. I'm leaving on behalf that I can't stand this negativity any longer. You guys are a flipping divisive lot. You have the group who like the classic trilogy, the adventure series, the boost mechanics, or a mixture of both. And every time SEGA puts out a game that half of you don't like, you've complained. It's not SEGA's fault that you don't know what you want.

"Oh, there wasn't anything good this past decade". Yeah there was:

1: Very cool gameplay style with awesome music, amazing multi-story line and endings, and awesome boss battles (Shadow The Hedgehog)

2: Really neat racing game where you're on hoverboards and beating up your opponents cartoon-style (Sonic Riders)

3: The first neoclassic Sonic game that introduced Blaze the Cat and her unique power abilities (Sonic Rush).

4: A fast-paced Sonic game where you blaze through everything to get to the end and a really cool (I hate beat-em-up's) beat-em-up night stages. The music's really cool for both day and night stages (Sonic Unleashed).

5: It reused the gameplay engine of "Sonic Rush" and had exclusives wisps in it's version. I've also got addicted to playing it to 100% completion (Sonic Colors DS).

6: The sequel fans have waited 16 years for had finally came out and it's great. Music is excellent (I don't hear the orchestral masterpiece music) and the zones is so very pretty (I.e Splash Hill Zone Act 2/3). Great classic game. (Sonic The Hedgehog 4)

7: It introduced the new parkour mechanic which I hope they can expand on the gameplay in the new game. I love the deadly six and think they're actually really cool. Music's amazing as well.

8: 4 teams. Three characters. 1 new game that never gets old. Music is great, and the gameplay's so smooth.

I didn't count Sonic Generations because its more like past zones in an HD coat of paint. I also didn't count Sonic GBA and Sonic Next-gen for obvious reasons.

You lot alpo have an anime that's actually really kick butt. They travel through space, fight Perfect Chaos,, met Shadow and have a character die on-screen. I also really like Chris. Didn't find him annoying at all. Also, I loved 4kids. Too bad they're bankrupt (Sonic X).

Oh, if you don't liek it then go off this site/internet.

Apolgoeis again if this is in the wrong forum. I had to get this off my chest. I don't know if I should open a new thread for this.