don't click here

Random Hack/Mini Project Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Malevolence, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Ever wanted to play as Tails in Sonic Chaos' special stages? Well now you can. This was a pretty sloppy hack, probably the sloppiest hack I've made. Tails can fly forever, until he collides with the ground. (This was to allow him to be able to collect the first chaos emerald.) I disabled the timer update in the special stage, which means you have all the time you want. (This was to prevent the timer from expiring allowing Tails to collect the first chaos emerald.) I may make a better version of this hack and possibly see if I can add hazards to the special stages to make them more difficult. :P I know in early versions of the game Tails was allowed to enter the special stages, but for some reason they changed the code to prevent him from entering the special stages. I suppose it's because the very first special stage can only be completed if Sonic has the rocket shoes. https://www.mediafire.com/?kv5rklrzrn3b4df

2. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    Boom

Brought to you by Big Red Button

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Oh jeeze, this is wonderfully awful. Good work!

4. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Oh boy. I suspect a surprise megagwolf sonic hack showcase will appear soon.

5. I'm impressed by the amount of work that went into the boom mod. All the way to the ending. Great job, you monster.

6. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    ...Is it bad that I want a Boom Knuckles hack with the pause glitch added?

7. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Man, this hack is awesome. You should add Sonic's quote from the trailers: "Rings! Om nom nom nom nom nom!!!"

8. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Oh my, is Sonic Boom that annoying, really?

9. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow

10. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Sprite work is completely amazing. And... how many unique voice samples did you manage to cram into this thing?

EDIT: Little bug report. Sometimes when I jump, the voice comes out as a... dog yip? Is that intentional? Or did something with the sample get mangled?

11. Oh damn, that's a devil wish. It's not just a coincidance that your coment is the #666.

But frankly, I'd love to it be included as well.

12. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Here you go, VEdaPEGA. By the way, I couldn't stop laughing at the bosses =P

http://youtu.be/5CwaYBFLNKQ
    LINK

13. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  14. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    xD Oh boy your hack was hilarious and it accurately mimics rise of lyric pretty damn well Vada.

15. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Incase anyone is interested and doesn't know, or not, whatever.
    (Copy and Past from SSRG)

So here is one of my mini hacks, Back 2 The Future. So, while I was having problems with Sonic 1: Sonic CD Edition I decided to work on another small project. It was an idea I was going to implement as a bonus gimick to S1:SCD but then thought it wouldn't need it. So I decided to play around and like the idea I did. And thus this hack was born. As you may have gathered it's time travel!...but sort of different. You use monitors to go to the past and future. But sonic and the level all appear differently. A literal past and future version.

Now since this is a small hack it's only GHZ and that's because I never planned to go any further since I wanted to finish S1:SCD. Anyways things to note:

1) Monitors are either at the beginning or near a Lamppost(to avoid progressing through the level again).
    2)Apart from seeing a future, there is no real reward to go to the future except on act 3(Automatically)
    3)GHZ is still GHZ so you want to time travel to see the new stuff.
    4) Sonic in the past is normal sonic, but in the future he can spindash.
    5) Robotnik has stolen an emerald in the past, and one can be found.
    GHZ - Act 1 - Find emerald, Act 2 - Defeat Robotnik
    6) You get a good future ghz but no other reward for emeralds.
    7) Apart from the begining, the past act 1 is still pretty much the same ghz but act 2 for past is slightly different and the futures are all completely unique layouts.
    8) Future music and past music.
    9) No Sonic 1 bonus stage since this is only one level.
    10) Bonus panel for the past, Sonic gives an extra life, explanation mark gives you a continue.
    How do you get them? I'm going to leave that a secret for now. If people don't figure it out I'll tell you.
    11) The shield and invincibility for the past and future mappings are off and I tried to fit best I could.
    12) The boss of act 3 has a slight camera bug, not sure on that.

If I missed anything please let me know. Even though I have tested this and I got others to, I won't be surprised if I missed something so please let me know and I can clarify. I didn't think this needed a topic.

Updated link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6xdxenhxglmosl/Sonic%20Back%202%20The%20Future.bin?dl=0
    Credits to Abyssal Leopard for beta testing.

16. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    The link's kinda broken there, wanted to give it a go but I guess I can't yet :v:

17. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
  18. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Why the hell is it suddently broken?! *sigh* I'll update the link AGAIN.

19. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Story:
    One day, Eggman grumbled to himself "How can I beat Sonic? He always foils my plans. What, with his jumping, and other dastardly abilities.". He then stopped, because he can't talk. He's a mute character. Suddenly, it hit him! Grounder had dropped a bucket of concrete mix on his head. The thick liquid slowly pooled at his feet. "Grounder! You bumbling bag of bolts!", he barked, stomping in a fit of rage. Or, he would have, had the quickly-drying mixture not made his legs feel as heavy as cinder blocks. He paused halfway through his temper tantrum, a plan beginning to unfold in his mind.

In a hurry, he hobbled into his Eggmobile, each step harder than the last, and paid a visit to Sonic's place. Wafting away the stench of chilli dogs, he filled Sonic's shoes with concrete mix.

Sonic 1 - No Jump Challenge, it's fair, I swear

20. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Not sure if intentional, + - but I was able to still jump while rolling   .