don't click here

Sonic 25th Party 2016 - San Diego

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    https://www.universe.com/events/sonic-25th-anniversary-party-tickets-san-diego-2P1ZRL

So, Sonic Boom 2016 will be held on July 22 during San Diego Comic-Con. Now, as anyone who has been to these things in the past know they're certainly...a thing, but more importantly, they're a decent excuse to hang out with Retro friends, eat and drink, have fun and heckle our Sega of America friends. <3

Anyone considering going? Should we organize a meetup?

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    In case you live on the other side of the world and can't come, it'll also be live streamed: https://twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/711360828151193601

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Pls No Bully.

4. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Don't worry, we'll only tease you. Punching down isn't fun.

5. I'd go if I wasn't so poor. Hoping to see some meme magic from you guys this summer. :v:/>

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Would like to go, not holding my breath though. It'd be nice to meet more Retro folk.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'm ready for more social experiments and awkward Sonic fans.

But this time I'm old enough to drink my sorrows away.

8. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I'd like to go myself, but I'd have to save up some money to travel to San Diego. If only it was a bit closer, but I guess I can't complain since I was able to go to Sonic Boom 2013. (And I bet the one I went to had the worst turnout because of the location... >_>) Well I do have plenty of vacation time, so even if I can't go maybe I'll take off that weekend to watch the live stream or something. xD But it would be nice to meet up with people from Retro. I think I may have seen someone from here during Sonic Boom 2013, but I was way too nervous to come up and say anything. (Damn you social anxiety. Dx)

9. I tried Sonic Boom in NY but the Sonic fans around me were awkward as fuck. Is Retro any better?

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    From experience, they're the ones that don't take their fanhood seriously and have nothing to prove. I find it refreshing.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That basically describes me.

I know I'm with my people here :specialed:

12. RubyEclipse

RubyEclipse

Works at Squar Inix Member
    Please go, so you can join me in heckling GeneHF. :ruby:

Also, the giveaway merch is going to be pretty sweet. More info there once we finalize it.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hah, that might have been me, because I think I saw you there. It was my first "convention" kinda thing so I was pretty backward too. Next time we'll overcome social anxiety!

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sonic 25, aka: Trolls trolling each other edition

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    If it's not something I have to plan too far in advance, I might go. It depends on whether I have a job in California at that time or not.

16. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    I'll be there! Hopefully I can see a few of you guys and say hello.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That'd be sweet. I'd like to say hello to the mad scientist behind the yearly Sonic Holiday videos. :v:

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It really depends on whether or not a new game will be playable at the event. It's likely the 25th anniversary game will be announced, but it may not be playable. Considering the hassle it is to get to the west coast, it's between this and PAX Prime, which IIRC Sega has attended in the past with games to play. Since that's around September, a build for a holiday season launching game will probably be available.

19. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I think it was you that I seen when I went to play Sonic Lost World on the 3DS. xD I was wearing a Teen Titans shirt and a classic Sonic hat. I think I had a Sonic plush with me too. :v: I actually met someone from SSMB, and I think he's actually a moderator on the forums now. (I barely post on SSMB though...)

20. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    I was soooo excited to go to Sonic Boom in 2013 because it was only a few states away as opposed to like 20 states away like this one, but...I kinda hit a rough patch in my life and didn't want to go anymore. I wanted to meet you but then things happened. :(

There's always the future though. Maybe Sonic Boom will be in Chicago someday and I could go then.