don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Falk

Falk

I don't think PSVITA's state of officially dead or unofficially alive and still getting the same games in the same niche market that it's had since it launched is going to change in the next year.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Figured this belongs here too. From the SXSW panel and the thread about it:

3. Wipeout2097

Wipeout2097

like something
    Well, this is weird.

So during the Sonic Adventure 2 section they started talking about the Big in a helicopter cameo. See here:

[​IMG]

On the top of the image, as you can see, is a message written in what looks to be Wingdings. Turns out it's written in webdings and it translates to "May the best dancer in the Juno ball".

This is a reference to a hiphop/trance song released in 2011 called "Love (sic) Part 4":

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1GDdawym1U[/media]

It's... a confusing mix, to say the least. Apparently the rest of the lyrics reference the months and seasons in relation to love, which has been leading a couple people I've talked to to believe it has to do with the 25th anniversary schedule. Particularly the line that says "A series so classic at the top of October" seems to point at an early October release date for whatever the new game is.

The line is also in the first hook of a 4th part of a song, leading us back to 4-1, or April Fools- the supposed release date for "Big Blue Fishing Adventure 3". Seriously, what's going on here?

My guesses for possibilities:

April 1st: game reveal/teaser
    June: possible full trailer, depending on April reveal amount ("Juno" in quote)
    July @ Anniv. Event: Full trailer/playable demo
    Early October: Full game release

I fully guess Sonic Adventure 3. What with the "Big Blue Fishing Adventure 3", SEGA admitting they've let down fans and promising to fix the trust issues, it being one of the most requested things in all of Sonic history, the Adventure tweet, and the general teasing surrounding it all, I feel it's a very safe thing to guess.

What are y'all's thoughts? I'll most likely make this a new topic or ask a Mod to do it if you all want it.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    A little more:

From our boy Gene: http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/141334811468/not-done-at-sxsw-yet-join-us-on-twitch-for-a

Wipeout2097, I don't feel comfortable thinking it's SA3 for those reasons, when there's a bit more pointing to a Classic-focused title, but either way this thread will be fine enough for a little bit of speculation since that's where we've been hosting it all anyway. :v:

5. Because the post above yours didn't already go over it :v:

Also why would we need an entire thread dedicated to speculation :P

6. Wipeout2097

Wipeout2097

like something
    Hahaha I may have uh

I may have been reading the wrong thread

...whoops.

7. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

As far as April 1st is concerned, I recall Ruby saying that there wasn't really anything to expect on that day (during the second panel, that is). With the exception of Runners, from Sonic Colors onward, Sonic games have been announced in the April-May timeframe. His wishy-washy comments on a game announcement during the panel in July could be a red herring in and of itself; because there won't be. The game could already have been announced by then, ideally before E3, so April and May is a good bet to expect something, if anything is actually happening.

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/715216846924816384

The location on the bottom of that image leads to...
    [​IMG]

:psyduck:

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Argentina? Sonic Team went to South America to research Sonic Adventure IT'S SONIC ADVENTURE 3 GUYS

Joking aside, that doctors note is hilarious, and I totally would have tried using it as a kid. My only worry is if a kid actually tries using it, a lazy administrator doesn't bother reading it and Ruby gets flak from idiotic parents/school districts.

10. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Anybody else wondering about the significance of "Dos de Mayo"?
    The 2nd of May?

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Anyone call the phone number on the slip?

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's the same phone number as the one on the missing cat poster.

13. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    I would say, "Maybe it could mean this" or "Maybe it could mean that" but I am a bit bored of that speculation game now. So I'm just pretty much waiting for a proper announcement (if any).

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It's just some kind of road designation, or the like. There's an Uno de Mayo nearby. So it's likely coincidence, but then again, maybe not!

Want something that'll result in something concrete? In this ~*~FTCR EXCLUSIVE~*~, we found out that Ben Kalough's BIG Reveal is tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

What could be coming? #B3LI3V3

15. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I dunno if this counts as spamming, but Josh "ChipCheezum" Stinton and Alexander Mejia of Volition (Saint's Row) did a Sonic stream today, and they really want Ruby/Gene-senpai to notice them

(Was a pretty fun stream, too; archived here if you wanted to catch it)

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The tags from the latest Sonic Tumblr post:
    http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/142690941558/moving-into-25-with-a-bang

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I can be patient. I wish we had some actual news already, but yeah, waiting isn't too bad. The only problem is have is that I'm worried I'll be disappointed again. I'll be satisfied when I know if all this waiting hasn't been a waste of time.

18. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    The irony is the amount of time they are taking to reveal anything about the game IS why I feel so impatient. I genuinely believe them this time that they have invested in the refinement of the 25th Anniversary game. I look forward to being excited for it! Just wished they hadn't sped up the hype train the way they did before the SxSW event since we probably won't know anything until June.

19. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    On the whole, I don't think it's so much actual impatience as it is people getting swept up in all the hype and hoping that the inevitable announcement will come soon (from what I've seen, at least - I don't doubt that some people are genuinely being impatient, but it's nice to see that it isn't a lot of people). I think that old saying of "no news is good news" applies here, because there's no sense in rushing the game through; we all know how that can end up =P I'm really glad that time is clearly being taken over the anniversary game and I'm hopeful that we'll get a high quality product at the end of all this.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    :ssh: