don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Or it could just be a simple nod to SA2...

You do remember Ruby has basically been trolling us for months?

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That's a possibility, but combined with the concerts coming up specifically covering Adventure-era music, Crush 40 working on new Sonic music for the first time in 8 years, all of these things are pointing to, if not SA3, a Sonic Adventure title of some kind.

3. Tamashii

Tamashii

Fulfilled Collector Member
    Pereira, CO
    Sonic Network Crash
    Wait wait wait, where did you find that Crush 40 was making new music? That Twitter image Jun posted with the tabs for the "Sonic Adventure Music Experience"?
    https://twitter.com/crush40/status/697044222650642432

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    The post Johnny Gioeli made about it that got taken down almost immediately after. It was talked about earlier in this thread somewhere.

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yeah, I really wish I had screengrabbed Johnny's FB post. It was part of his weekly Q&A thing.

6. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I am firmly in the "Want Sonic Adventure 3" camp. I also think there's a reasonable chance we'll get it. If not this time, then eventually.

7. Tamashii

Tamashii

Pereira, CO
    Sonic Network Crash
    Oh crap, I had forgotten about it. Well, let's see how everything goes.

8. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

If it really is Sonic Adventure 3, I really want it to be another Sonic 4 where it's just a huge let down. Why? Because the fans who say "Sonic 06 wasn't SA3!" will then have an SA3 that is titled that. So if it's garbage, we can tell them that their constant complaining gave us a shitty game. It will also be nice for people to realize that the Adventure games as a whole were not good.

I still want like Generations 2, or at least something that brings the Unleashed/Generations system back. They had something fucking amazing with that and they just threw it all out so they could have an official Somari game be released.

9. Venom Snake

Venom Snake

USA
    I really don't think it's a good idea financially for SEGA to make another bad game.

I want it to be good so then when people go back to play SA1 + 2 they'll realize how horrible SA2 was.

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I like how we're actively wanting something to be bad just to spite other people, instead of just wanting good to happen.

Both Sonic Adventures are flawed but more than made up for it with everything else they offered, at least for their time. A good 3D Sonic that's about rolling instead of boosting and focuses more on storytelling and character driven stuff is already a great idea in my book, but going back to specifically the Adventure series design is anywhere between extremely hype and very concerning.

I mean they were the last time anyone really viewed Sonic as great, and going back to what made them such great games with a modern polish sounds like a perfect idea, but I'm afraid it means we'll be bringing the edgy hardcore cheese and alternate gameplay styles with it. I don't know, I just hope that if this is what they're doing then they think it through properly.

11. Tamashii

Tamashii

Pereira, CO
    Sonic Network Crash
    "Mario and Sonic: From Möbius to Mushroom Kingdom"

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    You must be great at parties.

13. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

How does realizing that a shitty throwback game potentially coming out make me bad at parties? Because I have standards?

14. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I'm still waiting for Sonic Unleashed being compatible with Xbox One...

For me Sonic Heroes was Adventure 3 and Unleashed was Adventure 4...

I honestly prefer a new name but I don't mind if they still want to use the "adventure" title in some way (like rush adventure or world adventure)

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Having standards != actually wanting the game to be bad.

"I'm going on a blind date. I hope she turns out to be loud, obnoxious, have one eye hanging out of its socket, and a strong smell of fish, because I have standards!"

16. Tamashii

Tamashii

Pereira, CO
    Sonic Network Crash
    :thumbsup: Thanks for externalizing what I had in mind.

17. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Well, you're basing it on nothing but a bias against the Adventure games in general, for one. Second, nothing about a hypothetical Sonic 4 gave itself away as a bad idea, and besides the possibility of alt gameplay style overload or buttrock again, I can't really see why an SA3 would necessarily have to be bad either.

Besides, wouldn't a Generations 2 like you suggested be more of a throwback game than a sequel with otherwise original content?

Aaaand what they all said as well. Yeah.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm just saying your charming pessimism and desire to see people's hopes crushed for petty, selfish reasons must be a lot of fun to have around. SA3 is a dumb topic everyone hates, I get it. I'm there too. There's being rational about that, then there's just making yourself look a negative nancy. The first part of your post before the break was literally, "I hope something people want is bad so people's hopes are crushed, and to blame them for the fault of developers. Also I'm going to state the games it would be a sequel to are not good."

So, I'll say this. I hope it IS Adventure 3, and I hope it's so fantastic that you can never escape discussion about it. That, way, when it is good, we can blame you for complaining about it. It will also be nice for people to realize that the Adventure games as a whole were good.

Doesn't that sort of blanket, undeniably immature comment I reversed from yours read quite poorly? If you had an underlying point to typing that beyond "I'm bitter because people like things that I don't!", it failed. I won't be responding to you about this again for the sake of keeping a fun topic about memes/numbers on track, so no need to bother replying to me; I'll save you the time by stating that now. Hope whatever is eating at you gets resolved.

19. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    So basically "I don't like/want this thing so if it is a thing I want it to suck", gotcha. Though I do like the fact that Crush 40 are potentially/likely doing music for the new game, I'm gonna go ahead and try to keep myself from guessing what it could be. To be honest I'd just like a good anniversary game regardless of what form it comes in. 25th is a big occasion and it'd be pretty difficult to do worse than what Nintendo did for Mario, that being SNES game on a Wii disc (not even the version of All-Stars that came with Super Mario World either) with a small soundtrack CD...I forget what else it had but from what I remember it was still seen as rather sub-par considering the occasion.

20. Tamashii

Tamashii

Pereira, CO
    Sonic Network Crash
    And for the 30th they mended their way and made a Super Mario Maker.
    What if it ends up like Sonic Colo(u)rs by a collaboration between Ohtani and Madeon, with some Crash 40 sprinkled?
    I'm getting dizzy of thinking about that.