don't click here

Cancelled SegaSonic game SegaSonic Bros. (1992) found

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    Who has a scan? SEGAbits does. Well, a reader did it, but still.

http://segabits.com/blog/2016/02/04/segasonic-the-hedgehog-arcade-prototype-supposedly-uncovered-presenting-segasonic-bros/

[​IMG]

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So, if this is real (and yes I'm going to keep saying "if" until this is dumped), how the hell did this fly under our radar for the last 20 years?! I've been in this community for a good while now and never in my times with Sonic CulT or anywhere else have I heard of a Multi-Colored Sonic Arcade game even in rumor.

Did we just brush it off because they were just talks in magazines? if so, what else are we brushing off? what else is now out there? should we go back into magazine history now and double check all mentions of unknown Sonic games?!

3. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    Rather funny that we could very well be getting a lost Sonic arcade game before even getting Cosmo Fighter, still hope that gets found and dumped soon..
    Looking forward to what this game has to offer, as another has already stated, really hoping for a 2D game, and not just end up being Sonic 1 with multiplayer.

4. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    That's G.Silver who posted that scan, who also posted it on the GHZ thread I referenced in my first post. It's gone full circle!

5. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    [​IMG]

:v:

Very much looking forward to this; it's been a good while now since we had anything prototype-related, and unreleased like this especially so. That said, as others have put, let's leave him to get this done in their own time. Pushing them at all could just end up pushing them away.

6. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Where was this location test? how exactly did this fail? damn, if this is legit theirs allot of history we need to learn about this quick.

8. GoldS

GoldS

Oldbie
    USA
    I just went from mildly interested to extremely interested.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Changed the thread title cause now it's pretty clear that it wasn't a prototype of SegaSonic the Hedgehog, but rather a cancelled game.

10. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Hooo boy does Sonic Retro love arguing over naming things.

That said, Ketchup and Mustard. :P

11. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Welp, that's too fucking good.
    I'm going to call them that from now on even if we ever were to find out that they had official names.

I have to wonder that even if this is an entirely separate game, the colored Sonic trio idea did eventually morph into the released SegaSonic characters. The fact that Mighty is SO similar to Sonic and the fact that the colors match up... it makes you wonder.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This is interesting. I'm wondering now if this is some kind of puzzle game?

13. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I would be surprised if elements of this game didn't end up in SEGASonic Arcade. I can't wait to see more of this. Thinkin' that 2016 is going to be an exciting time to be a Sonic fan!

14. I hope it's not! Would be gutted if it's just a simple puzzler.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    IT'S CANON NOW, NO TAKE-BACKSIES.

Sounds like a puzzle game. Echoing others, I hope it's more.

16. Tamashii

Tamashii

Fulfilled Collector Member
    Pereira, CO
    Sonic Network Crash
    Hopefully it is something else, or at least has some relevance other than a copy of Puyo or anything else. Though, 3 colors, and 2 player mode? Confusing.

17. I love it.

Calling it now, it's Puzzle Bobble/Bust-a-Move, with Sonics spinning instead of orbs.

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    What if it's literally just a clone of the original arcade Mario Bros, but with Sonic instead? (though I'm not sure why you'd have 3 characters instead of two...) That would also explain why Sega nope'd out of it.

That said, it's pointless speculating when we'll be able to see soon enough =P

19. Tanks

Tanks

The can of worms is open and bad speculation's gonna flood in. Let's remember we've got NOTHING to go on right now guys.

That said, Fukio didn't work on too much. Looks like Bubble Bobble and scrolling shooters. Maybe he was trying to branch out? But then why would Sega hit him up to design a Sonic platformer if he never worked on platformer? Watch this be a puzzle game. :(

20. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

My dream is for this to be a Bubble Bobble/Rainbow Islands style game starring Sonic, but I might be setting myself up for disappointment. Either way this is pretty exciting.