don't click here

Possible Rare US "Sonic Riders" Demo Help?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RaeLogan, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    We need a decryption key for that one.

2. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

Already corrected the post, but here it is again :D

!HwWY3DRFpOlkvvyPI9ak43a14DlU_t5xMaDsklU4QZk

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    The IRX files are just IOP modules, likely nothing interesting to see there.

4. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    It's irrelevant to the topic now that it's been released, but if you use the GSdx plugin for PCSX2 and push F12, you'll get a full-framerate video capture directly from the emulator.

5. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

I did that, and it did not capture the audio. It also lagged my computer badly, and I think some of the graphical errors my footage I posted are due to my old tech not being able to support some of it. Old tech is old. ^^;

6. Doctor Butler

Doctor Butler

A quick Google search brings up this topic, OrangeFox's topic about this disc, and RaeLogan's YouTube footage of the demo.

So, it's safe to say that these discs aren't too common.

7. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

There'd also be my Tumblr muse on the idea, but pretty much yeah. The main reason I came here is because I could find no documentation of it on any place that handles Sonic development. :ohdear:/>

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    We are the cornerstone of sonic research but it doesn't mean we have everything documented, so stuff like this falls through the cracks.

But if its brought up we'll do our damnedest to document it like now.

9. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

Ahh, I see.

Awesome. :D

10. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

So, has anybody found anything good on this yet?

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    with SEGASonic Bros sudden balldrop on us I guess we kind of forgot. I'm sure someone will look into the demo now that the topic is bumped.

12. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.
    Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!
    I had a quick look at the .dfz and noticed it was a windows .exe, Upon renaming the DUFI01.dfz file to DUFI01.exe it showed as a WinRAR self extracting archive. Sadly it asks for a part 3 after doing the same to DUFI02, But there is no part 3.

What is extracted is a file around 1GB named sr112305.000 which contains weird files named like"DVD-ROM GENERATOR" "*UDF FreeEASpace" along with some more .irx .sfd and .img files. Not really an expert at this but thought it may help others.

EDIT: Seems "DVD-ROM GENERATOR" relates to the PlayStation from a quick google.

13. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

Ah... Hopefully so, I'm eager to see what can be found on it. :D

14. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    That's a build date. November 23, 2005.

Some of those files are dated in December '05.

Game released February 21, 2006.

San Diego Comic Con '05 was July 14–17, 2005. :psyduck:

15. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

Hmm... Well, it was such a long time ago, I could have even gotten it at SDCC '06 instead... I just know it was one of my first cons, and I was a teenager then. It was like, a decade ago, but I was absolutely certain I got the disc after I got my copy of Sonic Heroes and before I got my first copy of Sonic 06 (which was April 07), so I could be mixing some dates... Silly me :specialed:

The point is, this is a disc that's dated before the release date, and from what I've played on an emulator, it's certainly different (the most notable difference is the total absence of Omochao as the commentator).

Ah... this won't set anything back will it..?

16. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

Hey guys, just popping in. I'm in the process of moving real soon, so I may not be able to provide anything else on this disc for a while (also while moving, I need to be sure it's safely packed...)

Anything found out yet..?

17. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

Any findings yet?

18. RaeLogan

RaeLogan

I'm a little concerned that this has been forgotten, because I have yet to hear if anyone has actually downloaded the link and have figured out any decent special info.

I'd do it myself, but I don't have the skills ^^;

19. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    There's little point in continuing to bump this thread. I think it's fair to say that nothing's actually been found yet, given the total absence of any activity on the thread even after being bumped several times.

If/when anything gets found, I'm sure it'll be posted in here.