don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Which is what I expected. Ok then, moving on.

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    How to not even have high expectations but still be disappointed 101.

Still doesn't make much sense out of Aaron's numbers thing. Guess we're back at square one for this?

3. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    *yamn*

it doesn't even feature every SEGA 3DS games that got released so far.

4. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

Probably 3 and 21 refer to March 21st, then. Was thinking that if something big happened today, the 3 might have mean't February 3rd. Then again, the 21 could still be referring to today's announcement so who knows lol. Actually pretty happy with this, though. Was hoping that thing would come to the west. I like physical copies. Boxart is kind of cool too.

5. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    And there's me completely wrong lol. I don't think I'm actually any good at this guessing game. It was Aaron's numbers! And yeah we are back at square one again. I have no idea what his numbers mean now. We basically have Sega starting their anniversary push with their images, Aaron's hints and the hint on the Sonic Tumblr that they'll be "talking about something interesting" in February. Credit goes to TimmiT for that one. Read his post on NeoGAF.

So February? I honestly have no idea what's coming now. I thought I was sure it was going to be Sonic Maker/Sonic 1 remake going from their anniversary images but realistically speaking it could just be fucking anything and we just don't know yet.

Back to the waiting game.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I suggest that everyone stays in the waiting game. I can imagine a lot of the fanbase is foaming at the mouth in anticipation (for better or for worse) and the enthusiasm is nice, but we know how these things work by now.

Closer to Feb. 2 ("Hedgehog Day") is when we start seeing official teasers of what's to come. Maybe if we're fortunate, someone goofs up and spills the secret early. Really, the only thing to do is keep an eye on Mr. Webber's Wild Ride since he's up to something (or he's REALLY bored and is just giggling at toying with people and his fixation with Big the Cat.)

Rusemaster :ruby:

7. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Webber would've let us know by now that he was leading us into a corner with that hint though, right? :v:/>

I still feel like he has a different purpose for those numbers if anything, but I wouldn't feel that way if he went ahead and let us know it was a ruse. Knowing him though, he probably wouldn't confirm anything just to keep it going.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Big's Fishing Derby gets picked up by SEGA, is elevated from greatest hack ever made to official 2016 anniversary game.

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Hey, if someone can get it running on iOS and Android (either by licensed emulator shell or actual port), it could be possible to work out a similar deal to what the guy who made Mega Man vs. Street Fighter got with Capcom USA.

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That would be too perfect. Complete no-brainer. Make this happen, :ruby:

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I don't know where you're getting the whole "two Sonic games this year" idea from - not the same rumour/hoax that suggested Sonic Adventure 3 and Sonic Genesis, right? There's at least three titles coming this year. We've already got Boom Fire & Ice and Rio Olympics on the way in addition to at least one inevitable main series entry coming from Sonic Team themselves. This 3D Classics Collection, which already exists in Japan and has yet to be announced for localisation in Europe, is entirely unrelated.

12. The second sonic game is Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice.

13. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    People are getting the two games this year thing from a "news" report over at TSSZ News discussed previously, if I remember right.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

???

My point being there's at least 3 Sonic games due this year, which is a fairly high number in it's own right. The biggest title of bunch has yet to be formally announced, but it would be a massive shocker if there wasn't going to a new "main game" this year.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Still kinda curious what's going on with Sanic Boom 2. Haven't heard a damn thing outside of the announcement and the delay due to quality concerns.

Either way, just break the silence please. All we've had for months is memes, which is all well and good but we need some more fuel for the meme fire. Can't just be Big's Big Adventure 3 all day every day.

:ruby:

16. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Two Sonic games this year: Tristan/TSSZ and his sometimes right/sometimes wrong source
    Sonic Adventure 3/Sonic Genesis: 4chan (debunked as an obvious hoax; claimed to be Tristan's source but Tristan said he wasn't)
    Sonic 1 Remake: 4chan (probably a hoax; its source was Sega's Sonic 1 themed New Year's image; could also be true)

Essentially it's just one big storm of probably false rumours. The thing that has the most chance of being correct is Tristan/TSSZ because his source is sometimes right. Though also sometimes completely wrong. Realistically speaking all we know for definite is that Sega are pushing the classics and Sonic 1 pretty hard in their marketing and that's about it so far. I stand by what I said earlier as in we just don't know for definite yet with nothing concrete.

A Sonic 1 remake has been hinted it but it's just as likely as a Sonic Generations 2 or any of the other infinite possibilities that the game or games could be. We also know it's supposed to "take inspiration from the classics" and "play more like it did in its heydey" because that came from Sega. Outside of that we're in the dark. So as Gene said it's probably best to just play the waiting game and wait for something real and confirmed either via a genuine leak or official news because at this point we just don't know yet.

17. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Meanwhile, when you all weren't looking:

[​IMG]

18. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Aaron likes Big the Cat's story on SA1. :ruby:

19. RubyEclipse

RubyEclipse

Works at Squar Inix Member
    It started like all stories do. Normal.

Then, one night, the incident happened.

His life would never be the same.

Witness the tale of a brave soul, willing to risk it all for his best friend.

Become part of an epic journey that spans the globe, from beautiful beaches to frigid waters.

A tale of Betrayal. Of Strength. Of the real meaning of teamwork friendship.

The true story of Big the Cat.

:ruby:

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hey big guy. What'd you think about the incident? I am asking you as a first step.

iMuy amable!