don't click here

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Black Squirrel, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Sega Retro added another digit to its "content pages" count. I think we should probably care - we're cool and attractive now, despite Mediawiki's unique way of counting things.

The 10,000th page was Burn Cycle, a CD-I FMV game meant to turn up on the Saturn. It's a bit trippy.

Sega Retro documents everything related to Sega in agonising detail, from the super ultra mainstream to things nobody remembers to places which no longer exist to bits of plastic and metal. The old, the new, the things that shouldn't exist, the things that don't exist, the things we've had to prove exist(ed) and the documents showing how things exist.

It's pretty great, and you should totally help us be more great. Though some pages are inherently great. Alternatively make this one great. .

Because nobody else is going to, I'd like to thank the exceedingly brilliant people who have helped us reach this goal over the last five and a half years. We have enough of a foundation now to build a nice house, though if we want a mansion with private golf courses and swimming pools and an aerodrome (spoilers: we do), there's a lot of work that can still be done:

Sega Retro:Todo

Category:Sub-stubs
    Category:Stubs
    Special:WantedPages

Yes it is a shameless plug - the Sega Retro wiki is over twice the size of Sonic Retro's.

2. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Good opportunity for me to say props to all the writers, editors, and researchers responsible for these wikis. Truly stupendous work.

3. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon

Great milestone achievement! Thanks to all contributors too, especially those who contribute an enormous amount of time on the project.

4. Blades

Blades

Truly excellent. Retro has been the dominant Sega source for years.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm so proud to be a member here. When do we get Sonic/Sega Retro T-shirts?

6. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    ^This. I want to proudly display my weird obsession with this place.
    Also, serious kudos to all of the people behind the wikis.

7. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    Could we get away with using the logo on a shirt I wonder?

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Oh my god, I actually have this game for CDi, the disc is gold now and oxidising on the outside, it still works of course as luckily data is stored from centre out. I never knew it was meant to turn up on the Saturn though, that's really surprised as you don't expect CDi games to be considered for Saturn at all...

...on subject, well done guys! It's nice to know we're making a difference to the world in some manner.

9. Doctor Butler

Doctor Butler

Glad to be a part of the team! This page was almost completely empty until I found it.

10. There was a vote for them during the most recent Retro fundraiser last year. No idea if the shirts were ever sent out, though.