don't click here

GLITCH SEX

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Quickman, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tails 155

Tails 155

Pending Member
    me and a friend get that every now and then(not very often, but more than a couple of times)... I don't know weather to call it luck... or if there's a way to get it to happen, but I'd immagine there's some trick :unsure:

2. It happens even after the first time you try the zone. I couldn't get through the game with Tails in SMC+ for the longest time, this annoyed me to no fucking end.

3. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    I was playing S3&K a while ago. LBZ 1st boss. As soon as Dr. E's machine was screwed I jumped up and turned into Super Sonic at that moment, and stood in the air with Sonic's walking frames, and couldn't move a bit.

4. Wurly

Wurly

:| Tech Member
    I put in my Sonic 3D blast cartridge, and as soon as I turn it on that annoying Congratulations, You have Discovered the Secret Screen!!! screen appears (I don't think that's what it says, I forgot). But I don't even know the code to the level select screen. And I never got it to work again no matter how much I tried.

5. hunterex2000

hunterex2000

Searching for the answers... Often running into br Member
    East of England
    Trying to stop smoking... Sweet, sweet nicotine.
    I was playing S3&K years ago. In Launch Base as Knuckles, the Act One bosses appear out of those box things. Well, they didn't. Knuckles just stood there tapping his foot and punching mid-air like a retard. And I couldn't get out either 'cos the screen locked (as it does in a boss situation).

Reset... That pissed me off.

Another one was Sonic CD on the PC. Under Windows 98 the game always had a messed up palette after any movie scene. I tried reinstalling all my drivers, codecs, everything. Nowt... Alt+F4, then. A yellow-tint Sonic sucks donkey ass.

And in Sonic Jam after I played Sonic World's ending (with the credits) my Saturn would struggle a bit, the CD would stop spinning and then the console would reset to the BIOS screen and say 'No Disc'. I'd have to power down my Saturn to start agin, 'cos any disc I put in after that wouldn't be recognised at all. SONIC JAM POSESSES SEGA SATURNS!!! Only happened on the credits, not on the games, movies, anything.

:wtf:

It happened on three different Saturn consoles. Every time. Rushed disc batch maybe? Oh, it's the Japanese version by the way.

6. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    That would be a broken disc, dude.

7. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Pirated cd, or scratched cd. Very rarely do game companies release final video games with serious bugs that would hinder any attempt at gameplay.

8. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    (thinks about the bug in his and several other people's copy of Sonic Adventure 2 where Eggman falls through the floor at the start of his cannon's core mission)

Thank God you don't have to get an "A" on that mission, eh?

9. Tails 155

Tails 155

Pending Member
    I have actually had this happen several times in S3K with debug on...but I think any Super Sonic should do it

10. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    that's because the level select activates when you "shake the cart" when it is in the console, well, there is a technical reason why it activates, but that's the basic idea.

11. hunterex2000

hunterex2000

Searching for the answers... Often running into br Member
    East of England
    Trying to stop smoking... Sweet, sweet nicotine.
    Broken CD?

It was a new sealed copy from Japan! I can't understand why it happens after the credits though... No other game does that. And I'm guesing it can't be my Saturn, 'cos that plays everything else fine.

Could the Saturn Back-up RAM cartridge be anything to do with it? All my saves got corrupted once, so I had to format it and start again. Maybe when Sonic Jam attempts to write to the RAM cart, it encounters a read-write error or something... But surely that'd happen through every section of every game?

Maybe the NTSC-J Sonic Jam was released in the first batch with the bug, and they then rectified it later before the NTSC-U and PAL issues...

12. Seven Force

Seven Force

Eggman has seized Mobeuis! I wonder what's for din Member
    Sonic 3D's exception handlers point to that Level Select screen, so if it does throw an error or you "jump" the cartridge, it will go to the level select.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The vector table, to be more precise.

I'm gonna look into how exactly it activates the level select. Maybe then I can check out what may be left over in S3D.

14. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    In Angel Island Zone Act 2, if you keep pressing left and jump when the knuckles-breaking-bridge animation is happening, you can avoid falling off the bridge.

15. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    And, as Tails, you can fly over to where knuckles is without debug.

16. Tails 155

Tails 155

Pending Member
    Speaking of Tails and Knux, anyone have a good pic of the Marble Garden trick? I can't get another pic and I think it's kinda cool(is that too off topic, if so my appologies, I'll fix the post)

17. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    I've done that before. I had to jump on top of the helicoptery egg-prison first though, then fly over to Knuckles.

18. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Ah, yes, standing on moving helicopter blades is always enjoyable. =P

19. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    Oh, I just remembered a few more glitches.

Hydro City Glitch:
    At the very end of Hydro City once, when it was time to fight Robotnik, I ran right past the battle area and jumped on top of the egg prison, releasing the animals. Sonic stayed there, wagging his finger, music stopped, and I could hear Robotnik's hovercraft dropping bombs on the battle field. It stuck there.

Aquatic Ruins Glitch:
    Two glithes actually. Once it was about the same as the Hydro City Glitch, and on another glitch, I opened the egg prison and the little animals didn't jump out, but a bunch of glitchy Z shaped that looked like they were made up of some kind of flame effect. It was freakish.

Lava Reef Glitch:
    In Lava Reef Zone, when I go up the stairs as Tails toward where Knuckles is about to toss the boulder at me, I jump to the left just before I reach Knuckles and fly left. There're 3 mis-coloured rings up in the air to the farest left you can go. The rings are coloured properly at the top half, but the bottom halves are bloody red.

20. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    This always happens to me in my cartridge version when I go too far as Super Sonic, but it never happens to me in Mega Collection, or locked on with Sonic & Knuckles either. Fortnately, though, I often land in the water after I hit the switch, which means that I just drown and return to a starpost instead of having to reset the Genesis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.