don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    The only way that would be an interesting tease is if someone famous created it like Oshima (or some other big name artist that is not connected with Sonic).

2. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    (quoting because of new page)
    Sonic was late for this render, he still has a bit of sports tape on his arm.

3. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Somehow, my gut tells me that Rafa Knight is involved in this? Just a feeling since that's about the only other person involved in CG Sonic renders that seems to be of any substantial importance.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I don't think Oshima has ever done CG artwork before...

5. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Putting my money on either Rafa Knight somehow (meh) or this being a surprise first look at the movie.

6. BinBowie

BinBowie

Na Zdrowie! Member
    USA
    Did anyone ever notice that the back of the Sonic 1 US box has prototype screenshots?

The rings HUD saying just "RING" and the Invincibility monitor on top of the loop instead of a shield monitor are dead giveaways.

7. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    It's well-documented that the Wrench item in Tails Adventures can reverse the direction of the conveyor belts in the last level, but while taking the game apart for the editor I'm working on, I found out it actually has another use: if you use it while standing on top of one of the fixed-position guns in Coco Island, the gun will reverse direction. The problem: the Wrench is found in Battle Fortress, and unlocking Battle Fortress prevents you from going back to Coco Island, so this behavior is impossible to see without cheating.

FWIW one of the proto screenshots on the wiki shows a gun in a much earlier part of the game, so you were probably supposed to get the Wrench earlier as well. It would still be completely useless considering how trivial an obstacle they are.

8. camcommunicates

camcommunicates

I recently visited Joypolis in Tokyo late last month. I recommend anyone who is a SEGA fan to go if they are ever in the area of a Joypolis.

We visited during Halloween so it was cool to see the little touches they put throughout the place to celebrate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Socially maladjusted Member
    Sydney, Australia
    My game with an extremely long name!
    So, I was listening to a MIDI of Planet Wisp (Not exactly sure which act, sorry. I think it's act 1) and I heard the unmistakable tune of Green Hill. If requested, I'll supply the MIDI, but I'm not sure how to get the file across. Has this been documented yet? Sorry if it has already, but I thought it was pretty important/fun to mention.

Also, thanks to the mods for approving my membership in such a short timeframe. I truly am very grateful.

10. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Yo.

https://youtu.be/Q1uh9dW5yFw

For what it's worth, I haven't seen it posted here myself.

11. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Sydney, Australia
    Yup, around 1:40. Short post of shortness!

12. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I'm fairly sure the Green Hill bit wasn't in the actual game though, and just in that bloke's arrangement.

13. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Sydney, Australia
    Huh. Oh, well. Disperse! Disperse! There is nothing for you to see here!

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    FYI, the pianist in that video is one half of the duo who do the music for Steven Universe, and her account is full of other great video game covers. Don't think there's any other Sonic ones though.

15. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Sydney, Australia
    Whoa, didn't know that. Gonna go back and watch the rest of her videos. Steven Universe has some pretty good music.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    If I can fit in a recommendation before we get shut down for being too off topic, this one from Wind Waker is my favorite.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8lNLtg0JQ

17. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Found by Woun somehow.. a Japanese commercial for SA2 I've never seen before today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNJxfoMDw5A

Also, featured here (at 1:01) is a commercial for SA1 with an early version of the CGI opening (and Open Your Heart) playing throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB1JizKpTP8

18. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
  19. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Sonic hit a random item box and it gave nothing.

20. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Actually, I think Shadow hit one with the gun as the item box at that precise moment was closer than Black Doom's vessel or any aliens, according to the auto-homing.

To elaborate to those who may not know, there's very, very few, scattered item boxes in the game that always cycle in the same order through the same selection of items - I think it was blank, 1 ring, 5 rings, 20 rings, Electric Shield, Fier Shield and Invincibility (incidentally, to my knowledge the only way in the entire game to get Invincibility and thus hear the specific, shortened version of "I Am... All of Me").