don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    You can use www.clipconverter.cc to convert YouTube videos of Colors DS OST to MP3.

2. Felik

Felik

In Sonic and Knuckles when you exit the roulette bonus stage as Knuckles when the screen is fading to black he transforms into Sonic. Why does it happen?

3. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Tiddles has the inside scoop:

This came about after I looked into a different bug, which also happens due to leftover S1/S2 code but in a really roundabout way.

4. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    It looks like sloppily imported code from Sonic 1. $38(a0) is cleared while spinning out at the end of the stage, which happens to correspond to the character ID in S3&K. So everyone's character ID gets reset to Sonic.

It doesn't visibly affect Tails because Tails has his own thing going on with DPLC/animations. I can't remember all the ins and outs, unfortunately, but basically the slot machine is really weird, and does its own thing in different ways from the rest of the game in a bunch of places - mostly wrongly like this one.

Edit: lol beat me to it (sort of beat myself to it?)

5. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Another Sonic curio has been dumped

http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2015/10/25/microwaved-hedgehog/

It's a crane/popcorn machine.

6. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Socially maladjusted Member
    Sydney, Australia
    My game with an extremely long name!
    That is amazing. Especially Eggman's running animation. Must... Have...

Alright, that's all I have to say. Sorry for contributing nothing. :v:

7. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
  8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    New post as new subject matter:

https://stevekaplanmarketing.wordpress.com/2015/10/12/sega-europes-marketing-director-on-the-transition-from-sonic-to-smartphones/

According to Sega of Europe marketing, future Sonic games will be more inspired by the classic titles after the spotty 15 years of 3D games

With this, Sega JP's CEOs apology for crap games, and the classic focused 25th, I'm really curious what's going on here. I know these buzzwords are used from time to time but they seem to be consistent and not from iizuka, which makes me think this might hold some weight.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The pessimist in me wants to take it with a grain of salt. Hearing them talk about going a classic direction doesn't excite me anymore due to their track record, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I guess for me, time will tell.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They're probably making Sonic 5, starring Sonic Boom's version of Sonic and retconning his previous designs.

And due to feedback from old and new fans, this time Sonic's controls will be simplified to just one button + - , for the Homing Attack   .

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I posted this in the De-listed SEGA titles topic, but in case everyone doesn't check it I'll copy/paste here:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201510/29091833.html

Sonic 1 & 2 are being removed from Wii VC and XBLA on the 30th. Sonic 1 Master System is also being taken off of the Wii VC. This might just be for Japan, of course, since the source is Famitsu. Worthwhile to note that at present, Wii U backwards compatibility to the Wii VC is the only way to play Sonic 1 & 2 on your Wii U, so it might be a good idea to grab these quick if that sounds appealing to you.

Let's all hope that this will eventually clear way for the Remasters to come to consoles

14. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    In the X Files episode, D.P.O, in the arcade scene at the very beginning you can hear Green Hill Zone's music and various sound effects from the game, but I can't see anything Sonic related in the area.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This artwork that was just tweeted seems to be a new render/model:

[​IMG]

Full resolution

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's actually a really nice render. They don't often take much far with the way his spines are positioned, but this time you can only see three and they look particularly sharp. Good stuff.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    If it's not part of the costume, they're managing to get Sonic's smile more deformed with every iteration of his model.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think it probably has to do with the vampire fang. Other than that though this seems to be a new render, and a far better one than the previous iterations we've had since around Unleashed.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    From the tags of the Tumblr post about it:

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Interesting. I'll look forward to finding out.