don't click here

SA2/SADX Mod Loader

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MainMemory, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Whoa, that's legitimately exciting.

Feature/Hack request: Super sampling? I'd love to render the game at 12k down to 2k and get those sweet smooth polygons. If my computer can run Sonic Generations at 8k at 20fps, I imagine it can run SADX no problem at 8+k.

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    If I'm reading wikipedia correctly, that's exactly what I described in the post you quoted.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
  4. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Excellent! I no longer have to quit right before the end of custom levels!

5. Well, yes, but it scales down natively. Example, this shot is being rendered at 7680x4320 down to 1920x1080: http://I.imgur.com/JCvzP2O.jpg

Normally supersampling allows for really smooth antialiasing.

6. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Well, I don't know how to do what you're asking. I'm kind of useless with D3D.

7. That's totally fair. You've done an amazing job so far.

8. Not sure if it's the same thing, but you could try gedosato. It allows you to render in any resolution you want and scale it down to your resolution. Not sure if it'll work for SADX though, but it works for Generations.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    If you care about the codes in SA2 Mod Loader, you should redownload the package, because I forgot to update the SA2 Mod Manager, leaving it creating old-format Codes.dat files that the new Mod Loader couldn't read.

10. ELS

ELS

I know I'm super late on it but thanks for the widescreen fix on SADX. Looks awesome.

The display thing doesn't seem to work for true fullscreen though.

11. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Direct3D's Exclusive Mode ("true fullscreen") always displays on the primary display device, that setting only applies to Windowed Fullscreen.

12. ELS

ELS

Interesting, Sonic Generations had the feature but that's DX9. Don't know a lot about D3D.

I wish I could use the borderless window but Windows 8 won't let me kill aero and I don't want to put up with its vsync.

13. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure patching that in would be pretty simple. I'll add it to my to-do list.
    Edit: Implemented. Will be available in the next release.

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Shows how much I know about Direct3D.

15. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    It's been a while, but I've finally released Morph's updates to the SADX Mod Loader and Manager, including the ability to use exclusive fullscreen on secondary displays, and an option to disable automatic mipmap generation.

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    SADX Mod Loader v3.5 adds an OnExit event, and the ability to specify a custom window size, in case you want to have the game run at high resolutions but still be able to switch to windowed mode and have it a manageable size.

I also removed the "Don't Fix Window" option, because honestly, why would anyone turn that off?

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Much like SA Tools before it, the SADX Mod Loader and SA2 Mod Loader are now configured to build automatically when changes are pushed to the source code repositories. If you follow the repositories on GitHub, you should expect the binary packages to be updated within a minute or two of pushes, assuming that my computer is at home, on, connected to the internet, and running my IRC bot...

Updates are also announced in the #x-hax IRC channel on BadnikNET.

The latest SADX Mod Loader update maintains the original aspect ratio when playing video files, and fixes the positioning of pause sub-menus, and the SADX Mod Manager now displays more information about available screens.

18. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    It is now possible to specify a Codes=YourModCodes.xml value in mod.ini files to indicate that the SADX/SA2 Mod Manager should load an additional XML file containing codes specifically for a mod. You may also add the attribute required="true" to a Code element if the code should always be enabled (otherwise all codes will be disabled by default like normal codes). Note that the Mod Manager is still required to generate the Codes.bin file for the Mod Loader to read the new codes.

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I've recently tried the loader but I keep getting errors.

When it starts up it says that Startindex can't be longer than the string or something similar. And when I try to install the loader anyway, it states that the CHRMODELS file isn't there.

20. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    You have everything extracted into the main SADX folder? And you're using the 2004 release or the BetterSADX mod for the Steam port?