don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Today I did my own record of 13 000 combo. It's the biggest combo I have ever had o_O
    My record has been 17 million.
    I used Shahra lvl 3 and Mother Wisp 5

I also once used the Orca and that gives you rings even on the stages where you cant get rings anymore, so this is a bonus. Minus is the platforms dissappear with Orca, so sometimes when you are on them, it can dissappear below you.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

With a Lv.5 Sharha, you might very well lucky enough to get repeated shields and invincibility. That can really save your hide a lot, especially if you have a Wizard Chao on top of that to make the invincibility last longer. So the Orca seems a little bit... pointless? Rings in the top speed section can't be so useful that it's worth platforms being destroyed for (potentially dropping you into spikes or drills). A Lv.5 Erazor will give you a shield at ever 1000 combo, but I think that's far too high a combo to be useful really. With Sharha you'll get any item at all at 400 combos, all of which help you to maintain that combo and/or resist damage, except the crappy spring.

Also Tikal is really quite OP isn't she? 100% distance bonus is double what Sonic, Tails and Knuckles get while 100% animal bonus is double what Amy gets. With just her and no partner, you can be getting higher bonuses than a pair of other characters.

3. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I only tried out the Orca on a shit level like Knux one, where I do not feel bad when I lose somethinbg etc. But I prob gonna log out log in into game untill the fly level comes so I get always fly types

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Bloody hell, SEGA. I just finally decided to go through with the process of removing and reinstalling the game using my Transfer ID because I was getting annoyed with constantly running out of space on my phone. The game dropped in size from 1.9GB to a measly 119MB. The game was so bloated that it had grown to a ridiculous 16 times it's actual size. How in the actual fuck can they continue without fixing such a massive problem? Oh and it get's a bit worse too. The game has already started eating up extra data. It had to download an update when I got to the title screen, and the file size went up to 198MB. Certainly not huge but it's going to add up. EDIT: What the fuck it's gone up to 257mb now. Like what is even happening. This is all within the space of about 15 minutes. And Facebook connection/friends list still doesn't work.

I'd had the game installed since February's soft launch, and I'm curious to know the file size for those who installed it when it was release worldwide. Could anyone fill that in for me?

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The game installs ads to your device for easy retrieval.

6. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    And suddenly, I feel the need to remove it from my Nexus.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The ads are what it's saving? That's really bad. I know it constantly sends out as requests to eat up your data and lag the game (an issue that didn't exist in soft-launch), but didn't realise it actually went that far. Also now up to 354MB.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's Unity's standard method for dealing with ads. I'm struggling to stop it doing the same thing on my own stuff.

9. Hmmm. Uninstall the game because fuck that nonsense, or stick with it because fuck going through the hassle that is the drawn out story again if I ever bother myself to reinstall...

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    If you don't want to lose progress the easiest is to delete a particular folder since the game just throws download data there. I'm more surprised that they can't even code up a little routine that deletes the unneeded files once events are over.

11. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Is there a safe way to delete the extra data on iOS without deleting save data?

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That, I don't know. I recently switched to iPhone while my phone gets fixed, but I don't know well enough if there are ways to directly access the file storage within the system.

13. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Before deleting anything, set a password and make an note of your ID code (under settings). That way, if you mess anything up, you can restore your data.

You need to set a new password after each restore. It's important to do it when you start playing, as once you've lost access to an install, you can no longer set a password and so the data is lost.

14. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    If you have a Linux PC, most distros now have drivers that can read iPhones and iPods as USB storage devices; no need to muck around with iTunes. Even For my cousin's iPod Touch 5G, I installed a third party music app from the Apple Store, and dumped his MP3s in the app's Documents folder. Viola, drag and drop.

I don't know if those drivers extend to 6th gen models yet, but on Ubuntu with 5th gen models, it was really simple besides needing to update the driver. (In my case anyway; newer Ubuntu releases should have it out of the box.)

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Time for your Sonic Runners update:

- New character available: Metal Sonic. Speed type with a 200% enemy bonus
    - Double rings until 9/14
    - If you don't have Shadow yet he's gone, so out of luck.

They're running out of characters, they'll have to start going into repeats soon right?

16. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's Sonic.

They're good for at least fifteen years.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I can see Sticks and the Werehog being the speed and power types respectively in Wild. Remember Tikal wasn't part of the game until recently. Then there's the Chaotix who only got released during the sift release. Maybe some other variants ala Classic Sonic and Amitie Style Amy, also characters not present in the data before their events were laubchrd... Some repeats wouldn't be bad through. I've missed five characters so far and would like to get them.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well ok, they're running out of relevant characters. Granted Tikal was unexpected, but we already have the following:

Sonic
    Classic Sonic
    Metal Sonic
    Shadow
    Tails
    Knuckles
    Blaze
    Rouge
    Omega
    Charmy
    Espio
    Vector
    Silver
    Big
    Cream
    Tikal
    Amy 1
    Amy 2

We're going into full dregs mode at this point. Who else is there that's relevant in the series? Sticks/Boom variants, the Babylon Rouges (joy), E-102, and the Werehog. Those are the only modern characters I can think of. If they want to go completely left field and bring back Fang, Mighty, Ray, Bomb, Heavy, Classic Tails, Classic Knuckles, Classic Amy, Classic Chaotix, Bark, Bean, and idk Shade the Echidna, more power to them, because this is the game for that stuff.

19. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Well Amitie-style Amy has opened the floodgates, I expect Arle Amy, Alis Amy, Blaze (SoR) Amy, etc.

actually make it Blaze (SoR) Blaze

20. MartiusR

MartiusR

I didn't even know that there are so many additional characters. Up to this moment I didn't obtain even one (thanks for this stupid lotter and not too fast obtaining red rings). It's so .... annoying.

By the way - I've encountered recently some strange bug. I'm during one of the missions "in search of chaos emeralds", and it's showing me that I need zero(!) points to reach the end of the "road". But I've played twice (with obtaining enough points to reach "checkpoint"),, and nothing is happening, Sonic on "map world" is still stuck. How can I repair this? It seems that turning off and on game doesn't work.