don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Crossover is sort of pants so far. I like the fanservice but it's just as I feared, it's an overload moving too fast. Well that and the art is all over the place from issue to issue.

2. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    Bison, Balrog, and Vega are also representing Street Figther in the crossover. Now I'm hoping for a Balrog and Knuckles team up!

3. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    I don't know how Archie works, but there's no way they're getting Viewtiful Joe's signature hands wrong on purpose (every attempt just makes you shake your head.) I think an editor might have changed them, the artist probably had them right originally.

Knuckles and Ken doing a team Shoryuken makes up for this though. I'm loving this crossover.

4. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Also the Delphinus, Gore Magala and the Blue Dragon (squee) getting the first shots in on Sigma-2.

Posted 2 September 2015

[​IMG]

-looks over at dr eggfan-

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Here I'll help ya.

I like how it's Eggfan "91." Nice little jab at us bitter ol retro nitpickers :specialed:

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'm convinced Flynn does this just to troll us. =P

7. Actually, that was Freiberger. More accurately his son.

And speaking of trolls, guess what new silly sound effect they came up with this time. No really, guess!

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    omg, Sonic goes "LOLOLOL" in this issue.

Also Knuckles buys his OVA hat from a hat store... magnificent bastards.

9. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    Sonic going "LOLOLOLOL" was the last thing I would expect. But it was timed well.

I will miss you, Boom comics.

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Kind of a smart move to make them put this as extra incentive for the digest and super special comics, kind of as extra incentive.

Also holy hell. This issue was top-tier writing and art. Better than most of what I saw from Boom pre-crossover and miles better than what I've seen in the show. If the later installments of Boom in the Digest and Special issues are ANYTHING like this, I'll buy them all I swear.

Speaking of crossover:
    Anyone kinda upset they went for a kind of "alright Xander just shoots Sigma and everything's back to normal + everyone kindasorta remembers everything" ending? Near deus ex machina if they werent setting up Xander this whole time towards doing something great? Overall the crossover, while amazing and hype and full of style, felt a good deal rushed in some areas. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. You could just tell that while they were more PREPARED for this one, they had more resources for the first crossover.

Also, they called this installment "Act 2," called it Sonic and Megaman 2, which both alone is cute and also true, but they also said they're done with the crossover shenanigans "for now."
    And Sticks' end bit about there being a "nexus" in the middle... Hrmmm..... What could they be planning?

Went to Midtown Comics and picked up Silver Age p1. New german scientist guy is silly and whatever, and overall I love how they gave Silver his own kind of world now that isnt just LIVING HELL EVERYONE IS DEAD without any context on who that everyone is. Considering SEGA and Archie's relationship, would be nice if they considered this kinda sorta "true" to Silver's future world. [inlinespoiler]even if it is kind of generic dystopian future with corrupt council people future. Also interesting that Silver's bracelets are actually common ware amongst the populace. I wonder if they're even going to mention Blaze or retcon all of that 06 blaze-is-from-the-future bullshite.

EDIT: Also Time Eater what.[/inlinespoiler]

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    I don't think everyone kinda-sorta remembers, I think it's just Mega Man and Sonic and only because they were in Super form at the time so had a sort of limited protection from the rewrite. What I wanna know is how are they gonna salvage the continuity: while Worlds Collide looks like it has happened for Sonic, it has yet to occur for Mega Man (he's moving into Mega Man 4 while it happens after MM9) ans=d now he knows of Sonic.

12. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    The Boom characters remember, though.
    Also, New German Scientist guy is actually a recurring character from AOSTH.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    No Fourth Wall, she probably just reread the comics afterwards, like Sonic in Sonic Boom #11.

Yeah, it was mentioned a while ago. Everyone's liking the mixture of SatAM, AoStH and original properties.

14. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

But Comedy Chimp and Fastidious remember too.

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Then it's just the lack of fourth wall. Smart money says Viewtiful Joe is in the same boat, but only when it's self-referential. So they kinda-sorta don't remember, for the time being.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    There is nothing to retcon since the comic never did this in the first place.

Technically he should be Rivals Silver but I don't think they made him a Time Cop in the comics.

17. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Did we ever figure out why Boom and Mega Man went on "hiatus"? Basically being cancelled? I know people on /co/ said it was not only because of the reboot to Archie, which had them hire really big names for writers and artists, but also all the licenses they had to buy for Worlds Unite, but that's just speculation. Did we ever get an actual reason?

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Boom isn't on hiatus, it's actually canceled (despite great sales). As for Megaman, I don't believe it was ever said why it's going on hiatus.

19. Tylinos

Tylinos

Boom #11 says stories will continue in the Super Special Magazine and Digests, so we may see more there. And like Jax said, Mega Man's been re-confirmed a few times by the higher-ups at Archie to just be a hiatus. Whether it stays a hiatus remains to be seen, but they're pretty intent on saying hiatus.

Anyway, I got Sonic 276 in, and did a few scans for the folks over at Bumbleking, so I figured I may as well repost them here.

(Under the spoiler tag due to size)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

Huh. Wally got hitched to the Witch. Witchcart, that is. Can't say I saw that one coming.

Also, other sources have confirmed that Egg Boss Tundra is indeed Rotor's dad. Surprise surprise.