don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. So, anyone got the apk so I can dive into a grinding hell? :v:

2. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I just did the QooApp thing mentioned on the last page, and it updated via that store.

Guys, try not to panic, but this next change I found is insane.

They renamed Companions to Buddies.

Green eyes and blue arms got nothing on this =P

3. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    The rewards for the PuyoPuyo!! Quest collaboration event have been revealed:

[​IMG]

I must say, Amitie-Style Amy looks great! Plus, this may be the only way to get a version of Any in unsupported regions at present (inviting friends to get standard Amy only works in regions that are currently supported, iirc).

4. Nova

Nova

Loved playing this initially but I've been really soured by Sega's terrible handling of it's release outside of the test markets and hell, it's promotion within those markets themselves.

Oh yeah. It's Sega marketing. Should I be surprised, really?

5. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Hey, at least it's not Nintendo Marketing. In fact, I've got the perfect image for that:

[​IMG]

6. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Compared to the advertising some of the games Sega has published (Anarchy Reigns and Infinite Space, for starters...), that's still an improvement.

A bit surprised this game still doesn't have a international release yet. It's been in "soft launch" for the past four months.

7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Their marketing for Splatoon has been pretty good, they just pick their battles. Games that are destined to sell like shit (*coughWonderful101cough*) get the pictured advertising.

8. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I can understand why they got rid of Route bonuses. Useful as they were, they weren't intuitively conveyed. I also had no idea what they did -- I honestly thought you got a route bonus for staying on "the upper path" of any given run.

They should probably replace it with an easier-to-understand alternative, though. Maybe tweak level generation a bit or something, I don't know.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The route bonuses were really confusing. I also thought at first that you got them for staying on the upper paths or whatever, but realised that couldn't be right some time before someone on here them explained how they were the things on the "map" (the map isn't really a map). The game suffers from a lot of confusing menus really. Removing the route bonuses is a good thing, because aside from being confusing they were also really unbalanced. It was absolutely useless to try for a high score or use items with anything other than the 150% score route bonus. It was massively OP, while the animal bonus was next to pointless.

I've been playing the Canadian version of this game since launch and am kind of bored of it now. I've got 99 companions, am at rank 135 and... Just can't be bothered. There needs to be some new content. But I suppose they won't be significantly adding to the game before its international release, which is also taking a really long time. In April, Square soft launched a new endless runner ala Sonic Dash and Temple Run called 'Laura Croft: Relic Run" and followed it up with a full release in May. (Let me tell you now, the game blows Dash out of the water in every single way.) Runners meanwhile soft launched in February and is still awaiting a full release 4 months later. Its taking way too long now. One or two months was fine. This is just a bit ridiculous though.

Plus players on the full release will be missing out on the Phantasy Star, Puyo Puyo and Easter special events until they are run again (if ever). Speaking of the Puyo event, I've got 250 Red Rings and at least one Special Egg Roulette to try and get the special Amy.

10. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    So yeah about the PuyoPuyo! Quest Stage - It's really off putting. For one it's a flight stage (which are my least favourite). Also, they've put falling puyos in the background which get REALLY off-putting. The extra level of concentration is going to take a little getting used to.

11. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    But doesn't this sum up the Wii U perfectly?

"a white box with nothing on it"

:v:

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's like the Easter stage - it's not a fly themed one, but has elements of every other state in random order. Its just set in Sky Road.

Dunno how the background is off putting though.

13. Linkabel

Linkabel

Now you get to look for Satan, yay
    [​IMG]

14. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    Whaa? Is this a typo, or does this actually make sense in context?

15. Linkabel

Linkabel

He's the bad guy from the Puyo series

16. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    Ohh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

17. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Oh, it gets better.

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. Nova

Nova

I'm not familiar with Puyo Puyo but I'm guessing that'll be changed if Sonic Runners ever gets out of it's test markets.

19. Retroman

Retroman

Yeah, much like how DBZ Mr. Satan was changed to Hercule, except the character will be named something more appropriate that won't offend people.

20. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    This character is typically localized as 'Dark Prince', so I don't doubt they'll do the same here.