don't click here

Sonic Adventure 64 - [Progress Thread]

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by PablosCorner, Jun 9, 2015.

1. PablosCorner

PablosCorner

Team Cornersoft Member
    Miami, FL
    Sonic Adventure 64
    The Team:
    -Pablo's Corner
    -DobieMeltfire
    -BlackStone187
    -LuigiXHero

(This mod is currently in development)

This is Sonic Adventure 64! A mod of Super Mario 64 where you can play Sonic Adventure stages in Super Mario 64 and you can even play as Sonic!

More details to come soon as the mod is developed.

Pictures: (Emerald Coast)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Oooh wow, this looks hilarious, and I'm impressed with the model work. Can't wait to see more!

3. PablosCorner

PablosCorner

Team Cornersoft Member
    Miami, FL
    Sonic Adventure 64
    Thank you, I shall post more previews as soon as more of Emerald Coast is imported into Super Mario 64.

(Hilarious?)

4. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Hilarious, as in - lots of joy to play, and funny as it's on an N64!

This is positive so far :)

5. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Yes, thank you, sorry if "hilarious" could be seen as insulting. It's such a creative and unexpected idea.

6. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    So I'm assuming this is pretty much proof of concept and you currently don't have much more beyond what you've shown here. So, to what extent will the mod go? Will there be changes to the hud, enemies, items and animations? Will there be new music? And will there be an attempt to make it play more like Sonic, or just replace Mario's mesh and textures with Sonic's and maybe tweak the running speed?

Apologies if I'm jumping the gun a bit here, I'm just genuinely interested in the scope you have in mind for the project.

7. PablosCorner

PablosCorner

Team Cornersoft Member
    Miami, FL
    Sonic Adventure 64
    Oh okay, just a bit of clearing up was needed, thank you.

I do plan on expanding this into a full mod where you can play all the stages.

8. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    It sure looks neat so far. Will it just be a one "star" per level sort of thing where you just have to get to the goal or will you be expanding the levels to feature other Mario 64ish goals? Looking forward to seeing more!

9. PablosCorner

PablosCorner

Team Cornersoft Member
    Miami, FL
    Sonic Adventure 64
    To be honest with you, I have no clue yet. If anything I'll have boss battles and red coin missions. But I'll think about that with my team.

10. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    [quote name='Pablo's Corner' timestamp='1433877076' post='827831']
    [quote name='LordOfSquad' timestamp='1433876455' post='827828']
    It sure looks neat so far. Will it just be a one "star" per level sort of thing where you just have to get to the goal or will you be expanding the levels to feature other Mario 64ish goals? Looking forward to seeing more!
    [/quote]
    To be honest with you, I have no clue yet. If anything I'll have boss battles and red coin missions. But I'll think about that with my team.
    [/quote]

That might be a neat way to incorporate the other character's playstyles in some way. Koopa the Quick style races to replicate Tails, coin hunting to replicate Knuckles. Dunno what you'd do for the other three though.

11. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I tried doing this very same thing some years back and it honestly was impossible for the most part. I got the Mystic Ruins hub imported after deleting a majority of objects so the polygon count could be extremely low. Every single level is just too huge with too many polys to possibly take up any single level slot, so you'd have to really chop up the levels so you can transition between parts, which would result in a wonky level design where the level suddenly cuts off with a pipe so you can jump in and transfer to what continues. At least that's all I ever could come up with. What have you guys considered?

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hah, pretty cool! Would surprise me if it ends up being less glitchy than the original. =P

13. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I wouldn't mind a release of just Sonic replacing Mario in the game.

14. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Sonic in Super Mario 64 already exists. Although I don't remember who made it.

download

BTW, I hope to play Emerald Coast soon =)

15. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Amy should outrun the 1up mushroom =P

16. Is there a Demo coming at SAGE?

17. PablosCorner

PablosCorner

Team Cornersoft Member
    Miami, FL
    Sonic Adventure 64
    I will try and make that a possibility. So far we have a majority of act 1 imported into BoB. I'm hoping to get Act 1. Act 2, and Station Square before I release a demo.

18. PablosCorner

PablosCorner

Team Cornersoft Member
    Miami, FL
    Sonic Adventure 64
    DEMO RELEASE

[​IMG]
    Download:
    SMWCentral Mirror
    Google Drive Mirror

(This hack uses .BPS for patching)
    Welcome to the Summer C3 2015 demo of Sonic Adventure 64!

It's been an interesting time developing this demo with LuigiXHero, BlackStone187 and DobieMeltfire. A lot of ideas thrown around and well, here it is! We hope you enjoy the demo and write what you think.

In this demo, you'll explore Emerald Coast and beat the Whomp King,
    Collect 8 Red Rings, and collect 100 rings.

More to come soon!

19. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    What version of the ROM is this for? So far Beat has failed at patching. Looking forward to getting my hands on this.
    Also what emulator do you suggest?

20. PablosCorner

PablosCorner

Team Cornersoft Member
    Miami, FL
    Sonic Adventure 64
    I would use Project 64 1.6. I would also patch it into a unmodified 8MB .z64 ROM of Super Mario 64 and I would use the program FLIPS to patch it. Also I would go to the settings of the emulator, and change the memory size from 4MB to 8MB.