don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

disgusted by origins plus Oldbie
    A black Hole
    life and shit..., a sonic 1 remake
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I'd been working on this for a couple weeks now, just got through re-spriting and programming this monster here after a few days of work.. I barely ever post here lately, cause I work on a lot of other things that aren't sonic, but yeah I guess I still work on stuff ocasionally. these mountains though were a pain in the ass.

2. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Hey, man. Long time no see! Great stuff you have there. But something seems wrong with the Sonic's shading and the big rocks seems to lack shading (or something like this). Anyway, impressive stuff. It looks really close to the original prototype image. I'm really surprised with this I see!

3. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    yeah, its still got a bit to go though. The main part being the "boss" sections that appear every now and again for the player to traverse, as well as a proper leaderboard achievements and other bits of fluff.

I want to attempt a version of super hexagon eventually too. I'm rather enjoying the challenge of backporting simple games.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No worries, man. You do you. Hard to be excited about the franchise in general anyway, so it's cool if you're up to better things. Awesome work, by the way. You can tell by the detail that you spent a lot of time on this and looks great.

5. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    [​IMG]

6. Dandaman

Dandaman

Also known as Dandaman955 Tech Member
    UK
    Re-post from SSRG:

7. chacanger

chacanger

SMS Scrap Brain Act 3 (MD/Gen Style):

Here is a preview of my first hack, it's incomplete but it will be the basis for a much bigger SMS hack later on. I decided to go down an unconventional route by hacking Sonic 1 for the SMS. I haven't seen any that incorporate major level layout changes yet, so this might be a first for YouTube.

Apologies for the bad quality video...

[media]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npCkAZS_c5c
    [/media]

If your wondering how I did it, I created a level editor in VB.Net.

8. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Hey, that's cool. I like that you chose to edit the first game: it was easily better than Aspect's efforts IMO (especially the physics). Only problem is that Ancient's engine is more prone to slowdown. In any case, nice to see the 8 bit games getting some love and attention.

9. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I disagree. For me the physics were tightened up, screen was fixed properly so Sonic is mainly central of the screen plus water bouncing was introduced which then went all weird in Sonic Chaos with a floaty bounce.

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Brilliant stuff. Very much looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

11. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS

The cute one here Tech Member
    Finland
    AMPS

12. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Just a bit more work and she'll be all set
    [​IMG]

13. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Now that looks hella decent. Can't wait to try it out.

14. Dandaman

Dandaman

UK
    Slowly starting to dawn on me that I have too much projects to finish. I posted about this in early April on SSRG, but since it's so close to being finished, I thought I might as well post it here:

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/Dandaman955/Kewl_zpsrcevy53m.png

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/Dandaman955/SoRDisassembly_zpskqjxgq62.png

See if you can guess what it is. ;)

15. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    The words "SoR Disassembly" do kind of give the game away. = P Very exciting, though! Would love to see proper disassemblies of the Streets of Rage games.

16. I completely lost it when I say "USD"

17. Dandaman

Dandaman

UK
    Completely forgotten about those headers, probably should've cropped the images. :P

My original plan was to start on the first because it's the least hacked of the three, but I'd love to do something with the others should I get it finished. Good to know you're interested!

18. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Does this belong to anyone on here? I was browsing around actually looking to see if there was any Alex the Kidd remakes or something, and found someone's attempted to do an 8-bit Sonic 1 "remake" on Genesis Sonic (CD?)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s5N7ESGU2k[/youtube]

19. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Isn't this a Fan Game? I believe it was at SAGE 2014.

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's a fangame.