don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It surprises me that people still go ahead with this shoddy bootlegs in 2015. Is there even any money in it?

2. RibShark

RibShark

I found an... interesting string in Sonic Mega Collection Plus' memory (might be slightly NSFW language, but nothing too bad):
    [​IMG]

Surprised SEGA let this through, but I guess they don't bother looking at the games' memory. Makes me wonder if one of the developers was having a bad time, as is usually the case when things like this are found.

3. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    I wouldn't like to imagine what was going on with the person who wrote that.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Were you having a good day?

You're not anymore.

http://vimeo.com/clps/thehedgehog

5. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    I made this out of pure boredom today.
    http://youtu.be/KKRtxhIcaew

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    It's like one of those "LET US GUESS HOW YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!" links on Facebook.

But directed at us.

7. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    [​IMG]

A Sonic 1 cartridge is seen in Season 4, episode 5 of Parks and Recreation, inside April and Andy's toolbox. Referred to by Ron Swanson, pictured, as "some cartridge that says Sonic and Hedgehog"

8. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    ^ Been binge-watching Parks and Rec lately, that was a great one.

Also, regarding the discussion on Sega's PC habits a few pages back... I seem to remember a PC port of Sonic '06 being planned at one point, and everyone was like, "WE CAN FIX IT!" Then it got canceled.

Now, what actually brought me here. Does anyone else occasionally take trips through the mists of time via Google's Usenet archive?

[​IMG]

Link here.

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Have some E3 1997 footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1iDYImB2Zw

Some early Sonic R stuff - playing the Supersonic racing theme on Resort Island?

Lots of old Conker 64 and Banjo-Kazooie stuff too.

EDIT: and some 2001 footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiqyXTgvYR0

City Escape without vocals!

10. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

So er...Sonic is returning to arcades for the first time in quite a while..

An arcade version of Sonic Dash.

Is that a fan render on the side of the cabinet? Haha.

11. Hmm. Interesting. There's only one problem.
    A giant ass D-pad is not the same as touch controls. So when you get to those difficult sections good luck because that's gonna be virtually impossible for most people.

12. Hmm. Interesting. There's only one problem.
    A giant ass D-pad is not the same as touch controls. So when you get to those difficult sections good luck because that's gonna be virtually impossible for most people.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Those videos are over 2 and 3 hours long each. Where exactly is the footage we should be looking at?

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So this is listed under 2015 on the portfolio site of the German voice actor of Orbot:

[​IMG]
    http://www.romanus-fuhrmann.de/synchron.htm

Sounds like the working title for whatever the next Sonic game is.

15. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    Mach 2? Mach speed sections... Sonic 06 2 [​IMG]

16. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I can't wait for the Elise x Orbot fanfics to start flooding in. :specialed:

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's funny that the term "Mach Speed Stage" has lasted for nine years when the game doesn't actually say it at all. It was during a presentation (E3 '06 I think) where the rep referred to one of them as a Mach Speed Stage, and the name has stuck ever since. I don't think they're named in game, and the manual calls them "Super-Speed Stages" instead.

Anyhoo... cool to have something to go off, I guess. Maybe there's hope yet? Mach 2 could be a real name, or instead just a placeholder. Either way that's about all there is to say right now. It might be a name.

18. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    When I first heard the name "Mach 2", for some reason I immediately thought of it being another mobile game, or perhaps a handheld-only. I mean, to me it doesn't sound like a potential title for a new AAA PS4/XBone game. It more sounds like another spin-off series, along the lines of 'Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble', or 'Sonic Free Riders'

Sometimes a lot can be said in the quality of a game title.

But I could be completely wrong about this though of course.

19. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I was looking in to Sonic Mach 2 last night and I don't think this is really new thread worthy what with it being a potentially false and unconfirmed rumour originating from 4chan but what do you guys think about that rumour regarding the next Sonic game being a "Sonic Generations 2" where Sonic traverses various Sega worlds All Stars Racing Transformed style? And before you all jump on me because of my source (yes I know 4chan is wrong almost a hundred percent of the time) the same rumour information which was posted in July 2014 referenced "Sonic Runners" by name and included some information about it being a "mobile title" focused on "addictive fast paced platforming" when Sega only registered the trademark and domains for Sonic Runners in November 2014 with an official reveal in December 2014.

Search for it. The first anyone heard of Sonic Runners was November 2014 four months after the rumour was posted. Even in that November sites were speculating Sonic Runners was the next mainline series title when the 4chan guy correctly identified it as a mobile title some four months prior. For those interested the guy claimed he was a video game tester for Sega working in what is presumably their QA department. Usually I'd write this stuff off as bullshit but the rumour correctly identified Sonic Runners a full four months before we ever knew of it's name or existence let alone that it was a mobile game. That strikes me as the rumour potentially holding some validity and truth.

I can paste the rumour here in this thread if you guys are interested.

EDIT: One more thing. He said the game is for Sonic's anniversary next year hence Sega following the Generations route again.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's not correct.

The month before this guy came along and said anything about the SEGA Generations type game, another guy had already mentioned Runners (thus first chap being the one who we know was telling the truth about various aspects of Boom). Now that's where the confusion begins, because this confirmed legit leaker mentioned Runners with no details at all. The second and currently unconfirmed leaker could have just run we think the name Runners. And since "Run" is a common name amongst endless runner freemium games, the stuff he came out with could possibly be fake as well because it wouldn't be a far fetched guess.

Now I guess that it's just up to you whether or not you want to take the rumour as gospel or not. Right now it's a bit silly to really read too much into it cause its just another 4chan rumour at this stage. Plus rumour threads are disallowed for this very reason.