don't click here

SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Here's hoping for Dynamite Headdy (more specifically the japanese version) in the future

2. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    These releases allow you to play either the international versions or the japanese versions. Its sort of a standard thing M2 does and its great, so if they get Dynamite Headdy or even Streets of Rage 3 we'll be able to play the original versions.

3. Can't wait untill 3D Sonic 2 is released in September. 3D Sonic 1 for the 3DS is a very good port with interesting features. So, I hope 3D Sonic 2 has the same (and maybe even more) features and options.

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I wonder if they'll have an option to choose between Sonic 2 and Knuckles in Sonic 2. Having Knuckles fully integrated into Sonic 2 would be even better, but unlikely I think, since they seem to be more or less using the original ROMs.

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I could see them adding Knuckles in as an option directly into the menu. It might be nice to see Tails's flight ability show up, too, given that Sonic 2's layout tends to be a little better suited for it.
    The one other thing I'd want to see is putting the 2-player mode in default resolution, since each player would have their own screen in order to play the game -- and it would make it a little easier to open up the 2-player mode to include more levels. I would assume most of the game is done by this point, but out of what I've mentioned, more 2-P mode levels is what I'd like to see as this game's "Grantanoff".

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  7. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    I may be wrong but if I remember right the Quartet Mode has you cycle between each character when you lose a life.

8. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSN-YIDEq3U[/media]

M2 also added an exclusive crazy ending video to the game! That's one step further from what they use to do!

9. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    They do those for the arcade releases but not the Genesis ones. Up until now, anyway.

Wonder what other treats we could be in for. I can't even imagine what they would add to Gunstar Heroes.

10. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Man, I feel like we should expect Hidden Palace in 3D Sonic 2 now.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    They'll almost certainly expand the 2-player mode too. I mean, think about it -- they can reserve a screen for each player rather than use split-screen and the 3DS resolution is too low to support the interlaced mode anyway, so the normal limitations about adapting the average level to 2-player don't exist. Just change around a few scripted sequences (hell I think the mobile ports still replace the bits with moving ground in Hill Top with springs) and you're good. I hope this is part of the plan, since it would be the one thing the other mobile ports would obviously have over the 3DS aside from Knuckles.

12. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    To those about the extra music in 3D OutRun:

Yes, 3D OutRun is emulated, and everything is applied via patches, unlike 3D After Burner II.
    Unfortunately, ctr says that all the patches are compressed and impossible to currently crack, and the extra music is stored in those patches too.

When Citra gets a full debugger and 3D OutRun halfway running (it currently crashes), we might be able to dump and extract those patches that contain the extra music.

EDIT: Aaaand thanks to einstein95's memory dumps, ctr and I were able to solve this out. Camino a Mmi Amor and Crusing Line now fully dumped!

VGM pack with extra tracks:
    https://dl.dropboxus...gm/Out%20Run.7z

HOOT pack with extra tracks
    https://dl.dropboxus...ot/3doutrun.zip
    xml files https://dl.dropboxus...3/hoot/sega.xml

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Cool!

Does that 3doutrun.zip include all the ROMs that MAME would need for properly supporting it?

14. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    I believe so. Just directly replace the ROMS and ignore checksum errors.

15. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    3D Space Harrier and 3D Fantasy Zone themes for 3DS hit the Theme Shop yesterday in the US (and likely EU too?). Instabuy.

16. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    I actually asked about that to Sam, this is going to be its own thing (figured that much). They will have extras of course but we shall see what it is...

17. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    I don't suppose you guys could do the same with After Burner and Thunder Blade? It'd be pretty nice to have Hoot-playable versions of the "melody" versions of After Burner/Final Take Off, and the extended versions Thunder Blade/Type II/Burning Point.

(EDIT: Just noticed the ripped rom in the After Burner music thread, I guess it's just Thunder Blade to go...)

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Whoever made the eShop assets for 3D Thunder Blade, got the 3D in its banner inverted and added three screenshots in perfect 2D. And got paid for it.

19. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    What do yo mean? Examples? Are you talking about the game's title screen inverted photos from the arcade version?
    [​IMG]

It is widescreen at least.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm talking about inverted 3D as in "far is near and near is far", in the main eShop banner/logo.