don't click here

Sonic 2 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by D.A. Garden, Dec 12, 2013.

1. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I'm very happy to hear this. Great job, Taxman. Hopefully it won't take them too long to push these updates, allowing me to play Hidden Palace again.

2. big smile

big smile

Oldbie

I have an Xperia Play which is much older and runs 2.3. The remaster plays perfectly on that (well it did till the Google Play issue, but like Taxman said a fix is coming soon).

3. Glad to hear it! Looking forward to that update soon.

Dunno why, but apparently I didn't have "administrative privileges" to uninstall Google Play Services despite it being my phone. From what I gather, the only way to do so is with a root and that hasn't been cracked yet for Note 4 on Verizon.

Currently over $10,000 bounty on that root, interestingly enough.

4. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    From reading the Xperia Play's specs on Google, yeah, it should be play perfectly, since your phone and mine are mostly mirroring each other, power-wise. (Yours has a better camera than mine, by the way. 5MP versus my 3MP is nice!) I wish more phones included physical buttons, that's a cool device.

Thanks for letting me know. I might get the remaster as soon as the update goes live.

5. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    So aside from the instant crash that happens with Sonic 2, I have a problem with Sonic 1 and CD (which I imagine is a problem with 2 as well which is why I'm posting here :P).

Both games run incredibly slowly on my Nvidia Shield Tablet. Like, game runs 1/3 the speed it should. Not sure why, it's a beefy tablet and the games ran perfectly on my Shield Portable (granted, I haven't turned that thing on in awhile now :P).

6. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah just tried this on my Z3 Compact and I'm getting the same generic Android error. Glad to come in here and see Taxman's already on the case. This is the first time I've owned a device that can run this so I'm looking forward to playing it and trying out Hidden Palace Zone. Please do post here everyone when the new version is available as evidently several members here are having issues. Hoping to see the new build released soon.

7. So, whatever you do, please don't try to uninstall Google Play Services; it's a fundamental part of Android, and you might fuck up your OS.

8. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

I'm sorry if this is redundant, but does anyone know whats going on with the update for the iOS version regarding the screen size issue? The last thing I remember reading was that a fix was submitted and it was just kinda hanging in limbo, but I only scan this topic every one in a while, so I don't know if I've even read the right info, or if there's been any news on it since then. Just asking out of curiosity.

9. Received the update for Sonic 2 on Android, problem is solved! Good work, Taxman!

10. Really? I didn't get one yet. Dunno why.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Mine just came. Though it did make the game run again, my save data was deleted in the update. Annoying, but oh well.

12. My save data is still there and works without a problem.

13. Nova

Nova

Updated! Update notes say slight UI changes? Anything in particular been noticed?

14. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Nothing special, Sega ID has been retired and replaced with a different cross promo API for the "more games" stuff.

EDIT:
    Oh, also the UI automatically detects use on a non-touch screen platform (I.e. Android TV) and adjusts the game accordingly. The Lives icon will go back to the original left bottom corner and there's no need to turn off the virtual dpad.

15. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Please, please tell me this will be possible to implement in Sonic CD at some point - love the extra fixes etc. in the mobile versions, but can't stand the virtual d-Pad, and in SCD there's no menu option to turn it off manually as far as I can see. = (

16. A work around for Sonic CD is connecting a keyboard and pressing the space bar to hide the onscreen controls. Also Taxman said that the next update will hide the onscreen controls when a button is pressed.

See http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27351&view=findpost&p=817095

17. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I've updated Sonic 2 and it now works on my phone. Thanks Taxman.

Sonic 1 has also received an update.

18. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Amazing news - sounds great. = ) Looking forward to the update and finally being able to enjoy this version of Sonic CD without onscreen controls! = D

Also glad Sonic 1 & 2 have been updated to fix the issues they were having with starting up - once I'm less busy again, I need to do a marathon through the remastered versions of all 3 games...!

19. Can anyone tell me how to update the app? My Play Store sure doesn't let me update it. What gives?

20. speedyink

speedyink

Good to hear, time to bust out the ol' XPlay and buy Sonic 2, now that the update is out. I'll also have to replay Sonic CD while I have it out.