don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    https://app.box.com/s/ttpib9sh2lpd8okenh7g
    Under Data/Sprites/TAttack/TimeAttack.gif in the game data.

2. upg

upg

Very much appreciated, thank you for this!

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Not sure if anyone noticed...but in Sonic 2, the title cards are wrong. The level name and the zone come from the wrong directions. If its been noted, sue me.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Don't wanna be a dick and derail topics for bug fixes or Sonic 3, so I'd rather bump this than anything else.

I got a Toshiba AT300SE the other day and basically it's too big to comfortably play Sonic games on. I bought them right away, but does anyone know of any good controllers for tablets like this? I Just cleared Marble Zone 3 and it was a right bitch. The touch controls are as good as the possibly can be (playing the games on my iPhone is a treat) it's just that on a bigger system that it becomes difficult.

5. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    After reading up on the device, I'd say your best bet would be to get a USB-OTG cable, and then use whatever USB gamepad you feel comfortable with.

I say this as Toshibas product specs page for the device states the following when referring to pointing devices:
    USB-OTG cables are fairly inexpensive, and usually work fine on Android device from 4.1 Jelly Bean upwards. I can confirm Xbox 360 controllers work that way on my Nexus 7 (from it's original Jelly Bean firmware to it's current Lollipop one), as does a generic USB gamepad I have.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's awesome stuff. Cheers. I'll give that a go, cause I love the 360 controller.

7. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Rather late to the party, but just got an iPhone and the first thing I did was download Sonic 2.

Loving it thus far, Hidden Palace is an absolute blast to play through, really fits seamlessly into the game. Done wonders with it. The rest of the game is spot on, too. The Special Stages look gorgeous. My only 'problem' thus far is that I'm absolutely useless with the touchpad controls, so it's like learning the game all over again. But even this is kind of thrilling because I'm making mistakes I haven't made since I was a kid and seeing paths I'd forgotten even existed. So yeah, I'm pretty damn happy with it, and have rated it accordingly on the app store!

8. Sorry, wrong topic, I moved my post to Sonic 2 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Has the Proto Hidden Palace been taken back out of the game? That's a shame, it was a cool little thing.

10. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Erm, where did this come from? I don't see any mention of it being removed.

Edit: Still works for me in the current iOS version.

11. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Ah, nevermind, I forgot to put in the debug code first. My bad!

12. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    Stealth talked with George and I on the latest podcast, talking about the development of CD, 1, and 2 as well as the Sonic 3 proof of concept and other Sonic-related stuff. Check it out: http://segabits.com/blog/2015/02/27/swingin-report-show-76-interview-with-stealth-co-developer-of-sonic-the-hedgehog-12-remastered/

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S26_mL8U8bg

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Sweet, I'll listen to this at work tonight. :)

14. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    Just want to say thanks to Stealth for joining in, its a great podcast. Suggest you guys give it a shot if you wanna learn more about the remasters.

15. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Nice interview!

There were two very interesting points Stealth spoke about:

1) SEGA were not able to consider releasing the Sonic 1&2 remasters on any other platforms - other than mobile - because of SEGA's three-game exclusivity contract with Nintendo at that time.

Well, surely if the Nintendo contract - assuming it has definitely now finished - hasn't been renewed, this will finally open the door for the remastered versions to be released on consoles.

2) As we know the vocals in the Jp soundtrack of Sonic CD's opening and ending songs (You Can Do Anything and Cosmic Eternity) were not included in the 2011 remastered version because SEGA didn't have a license for the vocals. SEGA then decided to get a license for the vocals - which they did - and thus the vocals were included in the Sonic CD 20th anniversary soundtrack. Sonic CD 2011 had already been released at this time and SEGA chose not to add - patch - the vocals into the game.

It's a shame SEGA didn't patch the vocals. Not that it matters much now, I mean it has been over three years since the remastered version of Sonic CD was released (has it really been that long). I did purchase the 20th anniversary album when it was released, which is excellent.

16. That is so odd that Nintendo are the ones blocking Sonic 1 and 2 from coming out anywhere else, you'd think at least try and get a Wii U/Wii/3DS version done instead? In hindsight this SEGA/Nintendo deal hasn't gone down all that well at all.

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Speaking of, isn't the deal over now? How much longer will there be a hold until they can show up elsewhere?

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic Boom was the last game in the deal, so it should technically be possible for the remasters to be released on consoles and PC now.

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Well I suppose it's better than the excuse SEGA just couldn't be arsed to endorse them for another platform that looked to be the case beforehand. I know it's a bit late in the run, but it would be nice if SEGA looked into their back catalogue for once and let these issues get fixed now they seem to be defunct.

20. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    SEGA isn't defunct...