don't click here

Sonic Classic Heroes

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by flamewing, Nov 2, 2010.

1. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    I think you just need the Chaos Emeralds, actually. I got all 7 Chaos Emeralds but only 4 Sol Emeralds and I was able to go super.

Speaking of which, sorry if this has been asked previously, but would there be a way to change how super forms are activated? I still want to be able to fly as Tails or use Sonic's shield abilities without transforming, afterall. Since jumping is already mapped to two separate buttons, perhaps one button can act as a transform-free jump?

2. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    I like the idea of the transform-free jump for the 3-button controller setup; it works nicely with the 6-button "mode to transform" setup, and will simplify the controller remapping.

3. jonwvsu

jonwvsu

I can't wait to see what the future holds for this project. You don't have a sneak peak for us do you? This was the reason I got an Everdrive!

4. flamewing

flamewing

France
    Well, if it counts as a sneak peek: HDL, today's top S3&K speedrunner, has been beta-testing the hack for me (by speedrunning it, of course) over at his channel in Twitch (link), and you can see several of the changes.

5. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR

Provisional Member
    USA, Florida
    http://leafosgaming.wixsite.com/leafos
    Stupid question,

How do I select the Other team? Features with rings etc? I downloaded the new version...

6. jonwvsu

jonwvsu

To change teams, at the menu screen press C then cycle through using Left or Right. Then press Start to go back. To change the Combi-Link thing, at the menu press B, then Up to change "Classic Coop" to "Chaotix," then Start to go back. I hope this helps. Playing with Team Chaotix and the Combi-link was some of the most game breaking, multiplayer hilarity ever!

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't remember if it's already been suggested, but would it be possible for Charmy's flight to be limited to two consecutive air boosts, so playing as him doesn't instantly break the game? Maybe a "lazy Charmy" option? =P

Also, having tried the game again recently, I seriously think the main menu needs a complete overhaul. I had to stop for a few seconds to see what the new functions for each button had become, each time I pressed one.

8. flamewing

flamewing

France
    For what is worth, there are plans for a redesign of the menu; I just haven't had much time to go ahead with them.

9. Adrian Tepez

Adrian Tepez

Alternatively, Charmy's air dash can have diminishing returns, where the speed and/or distance from each successive dash would be terrible, encouraging players to land or perhaps forcing Charmy to lose height after a while.

I had made a mockup of a new menu for flamewing, though he hasn't gotten back to me since I finished.

10. jonwvsu

jonwvsu

I think it would be cool if you could keep your elemental shield when you progress to the next level.

11. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Throwing this here, hoping flamewing sees this, as he never saw the PM... I had a palette related question I wanted to ask you when you get the chance.

12. flamewing

flamewing

France
    I did see your PM; I just haven't been having much time to reply to anything that requires me using my computer (such as just about anything hacking-elated) instead of my tablet.

I suppose I should be warning people of this, so they don't get left hanging...

13. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Ah, K. Disregard my last post then. Sorry bout that, and no worries, take your time, man.

14. Adrian Tepez

Adrian Tepez

It's been a while since a status update was posted, so I'll just go ahead and reassure y'all that this project is still being actively developed quite frequently. I recently started doing editing work for flamewing, and before that I was already doing extensive testing. In its current state the game is leagues beyond the public version. Unfortunately I don't know when the next release will be, as flamewing is determined to finish certain under-the-hood tasks first. In any case, I think people will thoroughly enjoy it (and have fun trying to break it [​IMG]).

15. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    That's great to know that the hack is still being worked on. + - This project is truthfully 90% of the reason I check on this site every week.   :v:

16. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I just encountered a pretty nasty glitch. I can provide a savestate if this hasn't already been documented or fixed.

Labyrinth Zone 2, Team Sonic. All 7 Sol Emeralds, and I think five Chaos. I went Super next to (I believe) the first invincibility monitor, then grabbed it to go Hyper and made my way through the water. I did a hyper flash as Sonic, and maybe the invincibility wore off at the same time? All three characters were locked in place, couldn't switch between them, and I probably would've been stuck completely if I hadn't been able to drown.

17. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Ah... That glitch still exists then? I thought that one got fixed...

18. flamewing

flamewing

France
    Oh, look, a bug report from someone other than HDL! It has been quite a while since the last time this happened. Will look into it.

19. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    It may have been. I think I'm using the SHC2013 build from August of that year, but according to the wiki, a newer version came out at the beginning of September.

20. flamewing

flamewing

France
    A quick status update:

Hill Top fix thanks to the efforts of HDL on editing collision, the other is plain fixing of engine bugs.