don't click here

The Sonic 3, 20th Anniversary & Knuckles Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Taxman, Oct 18, 2014.

1. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Stay on target people, more action less negativity.

Also guys, update your happenings in here for everyone to get a morale boost.

2. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I may be off your desired target, but I am still on-topic.

As much as I'd love to see a TaxStealth S3&K remaster see the light of day I'm siding with Timmit that I don't think this campaign is going to do much (I just re-read the official post by Stealth on tumblr, as of now it hasn't even been liked/reblogged more than 200 times), let alone see TaxStealth's work evolve into something more than a POC anytime soon (if ever...).

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Just signed up to the Escapist, you can find the thread here with the petition.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.870221-Sonic-3-remastered-petition

4. Nova

Nova

It's kind of disheartening to see the 4chan and 8chan threads go to total shit - you would have thought that at least some of the dudes over there would have played the Taxman versions of 1, 2 or CD and realize how good this could potentially be.

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Well I just got a suspension for 30 days on the Escapist for that post, said it was advertising.

6. Okay, so I wrote a tweet to the BrainScratch crew, Clement, Balrog, Caddicarus, Cobanermani456, StephenKnux, Tails Channel, Frobman, Psyguy (aka BitPolar), GameBuddy, Cyberlink, Roger (of the Dissected fame), TSSZ, Sonic Show, Sonic Stadium, Elson Wong (darkspeeds) and asked them all to spread the word about the Sonic 3 Remastered website. I also wrote to people who used to work at SEGA like Al Nilsen, Tom Kalinske, Stephen Frost and Aaron Webber. I also went for the extra mile and decided to spread this among the Archie crew, the voice actors and even singers and composers like Crush 40, Ted Poley, Tony Harnell and Tomoya Ohtani. I also wrote to a few game reviewers from my country (anybody heard about arhn.eu?).

7. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    I saw praise for the remakes over at /vr/ a lot, but I don't know how active that board is anymore on 8chan or 4chan. someone could try to post over there.

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Good work.

9. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    A bit off there, both 8chan and 4chan (moreso than the latter) wrote this off as autistic fans doing something stupid. :v:

A few people did vouch their support, but given they did it in iSpoilers, that should tell something... :/

10. Machenstein

Machenstein

Imageboards such as those seem to mostly be occupied by children who aspire to be hardcore trolls. It's always "autism" this and "autism" that.

Hopefully we can get some Youtubers on board to help spread the word, but it seems Pete already got on that. It would also help to show off the features in the other remasters. That way others who aren't in the know could appreciate what a remastered Sonic 3 would have to offer.

11. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Reminder that everyone here needs to play their part. Sign the petition, post that letter, take a photograph to show others you have done it and spread the word to sites you frequently visit outside of the Sonic sphere including the 4chan and 8chan threads. With the power of autism we should conquer this. :specialed:

12. I'm glad you noticed my tweets there.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Good so see some steps for this.

Why the heck isn't this being posted on the front page?

Efforts need to be doubled to get it more visibility on news sites. I know they didn't respond once, try again somehow. At LEAST get Tristan/Blaze or someone to respond to this. I only responded to this thread because I realized the site was up and I never saw info about it posted anywhere, hence my push for more activity.

And if the Yakuza 5 localization can happen, anything can happen. I don't care how "unlikely" it seems to work, I want this project pushed because this is one of the steps Sega NEEDS to take the franchise in if we truly want quality games in the future. People like Stealth/Taxman are the people who can salvage this franchise (though of course I doubt they'll move to japan and work at ST or anything, but still). The retro engine should get the chance to be used for this and more, or at least getting this would be nice.

It's worth at least trying, and I'm glad to see people doing exactly that.

As for 4chan/8chan, your responses there are typical. Doesn't mean it's not worth doing. The goal of this is to get it visible, not to get positive posts about it. Someone doesn't have to comment to support the project. To get something noticed on 4chan, you need to move it to the /vg/ Sonic generals, which are up for longer, and keep posting it in each new general thread when they pop up. People will give you shit for it, but you will also get supporters who don't speak up.

Basically, get this on as many active and visible forums/news-sites as possible. Retro front page at bare minimum. I don't care if they ignored you once. Try again.

14. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    I recommend you do that so people can see there is more than just me doing it.

15. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Very well, but I ask that people keep putting it in the general threads if I can't do it myself.

Just use the same links and check the thread each day and for a ctrl+F search for "Sonic3Remastered". If you don't see it, post it yourself. Ignore the critics. The chans will bash EVERYTHING regardless of any objective merit, and anything Sonic related automatically gets the "Autism" label due to ChrisChan's infamy.

Keep this up for awhile and we'll see what happens.

Typically, you see this kind of stuff reposted with a "Daily reminder" type caption.

16. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Perhaps Sony would be a good place to get this to? They've recently bankrolled the localisation of Yakuza 5, as well as Grim Fandango Remastered, which is also coming to Windows, OSX and Linux as well as PlayStation platforms. I can't recall how they got all the fan feedback which made the Yakuza localisation happen, but if there's some kind of official channel for that kind of thing, it might not be a bad idea.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Oh yeah, they get feedback on what games people localized or ported to Sony platforms with the hashtag #BuildingTheList.

18. https://twitter.com/AlNilsen/status/564109454656811008

Al Nilsen himself has acknowledged my tweet! This is a good sign.

19. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I've now posted on Tumblr about this, if you guys want to try and spread it around: http://jenhedgehog.tumblr.com/post/110357955478/bringbacksonic3-stage-2

I've signed the petition and will get a letter sent out next week.

(EDIT: There's now a deviantArt version of that Tumblr post as well: http://retrosonicclub.deviantart.com/journal/BringBackSonic3-stage-2-512342943)

20. I also just wrote to Roger Hector, so he could spread the word.