don't click here

Sonic Fusion

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Felik, Apr 20, 2010.

1. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    [​IMG]

(To the project being discontinued, not to enjoying it, which I am. :3)

2. Handepsilon

Handepsilon

UE3 Overuser
    Indonesia
    Tutorial for UDK (and also SonicGDK, independently)
    I just downloaded the final release. Man... Gameplay's really satisfying. But you could've worked on cutscenes...

Having fun with Shadow's Chaos Blasts. XD

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    So any reason why this project was discontinued? Was one of only one other project I actually liked.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Shame to hear this. mind telling us why?

Well at least it lasted longer then the others. still fell to the fangaming curse though. :(

5. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    Nooooo my hopes, whatever the reason for the cancel gl to ya Felik thanks for all the effort.

6. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    What are you going to do now ? have any more projects planned?
    This was my favorite fan game in the community by far !

7. Felik

Felik

Hi all
    I have some spare time ATM and kinda sorta want to produce a finetuned FINAL final version of the game.
    I'm a bit unhappy with what I released in the end after years of development. That release would probably contain bugfixes, 1-2 new playable chars and a bossfight.

To be honest I was really upset that in the end the game was pretty coldly met by the people and saw from little to no online play (which was probably the main feature of the game).

Tell me what you'd like to see implemented in the game most. No promises, but if enough people are interested in such release I'd give it a go. If no one cares then, so be it, I won't even give it a try.

8. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    go for it!

9. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Do it! I'd love to see what else you can pull off.

Personally I'd like to see the following. Most of them are probably pipe dreams, though, so just go with whatever seems the most doable with the time and resources you're able to put into it. :v:

- A few more stages (I can't remember if this is an MMF2 game or not, but if it is then I'd be happy to contribute a stage for it.)
    - A story mode where you play through all stages in sequence with any unlocked character, possibly with a couple of 1P-only boss battles thrown in.
    - Amy, Cream or Rouge as a new character. I lean more towards Rouge personally, because her canon moveset is moreorless identical to Knuckles, meaning less work, and it would be nice to have another character with Knuckles' wall climbing ability so that he isn't always a surefire winner in Sparkling Complex.
    - Customizable hud sizes and/or styles.

10. winterhell

winterhell

Enjoyed the last version very much. It'd be great if there are more levels with the same or higher quality.

Btw can you make the intro play in the proper aspect ratio or is this something out of your control?

11. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Yes, babys. YES!

I'd like to see a few new stages as well. I've always loved the shit out of Sonic Fusion's level design and I'd love to see some more stuff.
    I'd also would like to see Metal Sonic or some of the girls as Strife mentioned (I do like all of them, but I guess Rouge would be a better fit as well, mostly because of her skills that would benefit the multiplayer a little).

This idea got me very excited, Felik. :3

12. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Can't believe I'm discovering this for the first time.

Pros:
    Great presentation, nice to look at.
    Four complete characters. Shadow's moveset was great, I loved how his Sonic Advance midair trick was chaos control.
    The ingenuity of applying 3D Blast's graphics in 2D impressed me.
    Level design is based on the level tropes very well. There was a lot to appreciate in just the level design itself.
    Variety of levels, and while this should be a given, this point is usually never reached in fangames.
    Splash Hill made better just by including it in a game with an engine vastly superior to Sonic 4.
    Online multiplayer? Haven't tried it yet but if it's in the game in any form I'm impressed.

Cons:
    Hodgepodge of sounds in good and bad quality. The ring sound itself was poor quality and that just shouldn't happen.
    One act levels, the game felt very short despite some levels being fairly long. Yet on the other hand some levels I blitzed through very quickly.
    Only one boss, rehashed in harder form as final boss. Was a good boss though.
    Issues with controls. Can't count how many times homing attack has just randomly failed to execute. For some reason, the double jump action is disabled when hitting a ceiling. This is really bad for Knuckles since there's so many situations where he climbs up to a corner between a wall and ceiling, jumps and hits the ceiling, then cannot glide. I've made that mistake repeatedly to just frustratingly fall to the ground and have to climb back up, taking special care to keep the right distance from the ceiling when climbing.

???:
    THE RED RINGS MISSION HAHAHAHAHA

13. MartiusR

MartiusR

Hello everybody, is there anyone, who would like to play in multiplayer in Sonic Fusion? I've discovered today this game (and this thread) and I'm quite curious about MP modes (especially because I prefer competetive multiplayer). I'm from Poland (timezone GMT +1), but I think that we can prearrange some match/es even if we're in total different time zones :)/>/>/> (Please, write here or write PM to me, if you would like to play too!).

(BTW - Man, it's truelly amazing, how many games (good games!) were made by fans, why I haven't discovered this forum earlier? I've played for now only in three fan games (Sonic Before the Sequel, Robo Blast 2 and this one (SP mode) and I must admit, that your job is truelly incredible, and it seems that there is a lot more to discover & play!)

14. Felik

Felik

I regret a little bit that I didn't create a foundation for some sort of community for people who enjoy multiplayer skirmishes. Your best choice at the moment is grab some friends and play together. Server comes with the game so it won't be hard for one of you to host it and just connect for the rest.

15. MartiusR

MartiusR

That's the problem, unfortunately :( I don't have someone (for now) , who would like to play with me, so I've decided to ask on the forum. Maybe I should try on some other forum(s) too.

By the way Felik - are you planning to add some more characters? Construction of intro was suggesting (in some way :)) participation of other characters (as far as I remember, there was Amy and Rouge too), so I'm curious, if it was some form of suggestion of future implementations, or their presence was "just for fun"?

16. Felik

Felik

The game supposed to have a story mode with an epic plot and all that. I would joyfully have added extra characters (especially Blaze since she's the best girl) if I had a complete sprite set for them. I don't, so no more characters.

17. thevaleev

thevaleev

Russia
    Sonic Game Land
    I'm delighted to spend some time playing Fusions' multiplayer. I found the game when it was about to be cancelled so I couldn't play multiplayer properly. PM or Skype me ;)

18. MartiusR

MartiusR

I know Blaze rather from STC Online than from games, but still I think it's really interesting character. Oh well, pity that it won't happen :( But thanks anyway for this game, it would be great if every "unfinished" title could be in such shape!

Splendid! I've sent PM :)/