don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Where have I heard this before? Was it possibly from a British-born Australian who has the voice equivalent of liquid sex?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/F8APwHQUHwY[/youtube]

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >unrealistic deadlines
    >three years in development

Nah. They had the time. The problem is the studio the project got sourced to couldn't survive long enough.

Even then, the ideas presented in this game serve no purpose in a Sonic world. The problem here is it's VERY HARD to re-imagine a brand that already has an identity set in the minds of people, be it what we think a Sonic game should be, what the Adventure fans think it should be, or the steaming piles of crap that everyone else seems to believe the games are. Boom was doomed from the start under this direction, moreso from horrid design choices on the Wii U version made more apparent by the studio caving in on itself.

Safe to say though we will not be seeing another Boom game (At least on console) again. At leas the TV show hasn't dropped the ball... yet.

Let me frame it like this... Sonic Boom is so bad, it's making me point out how much better Black Knight was as a side-story game. And I think Black Knight is utter horse shit because the whole premise and gameplay are stupid. Yet it exudes more care and charm than Boom and at least TRIES in some bizarre way to keep in the spirit of Sonic.

Boom feels more like a reskinned Jak and Daxter with any sense of fun removed.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    They actually had three years to develop the game, which should be enough. There were probably problems during development that halted the game though, like how a lot of important people at BRB were fired back in June or them using the Cryengine 3 for a kind of game that's usually not made with Cryengine 3 on a platform that seemingly isn't officially supported by the Cryengine 3.

Also what Gene said.

4. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Has anyone with a PAL copy of rise of lyric been able to do the flying knuckles bug? I've tried and is completely impossible to me, and neither of the people ( all PAL games) I've asked can either. Maybe they have fixed it for the european release ( even if it seems impossible)?

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Detective Knuckles, do you believe those rocks could be the the predicament to our momentum problem?
    http://youtu.be/jBT57F3CEqY

I also demand l33t debstep remixes of this.

6. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Am I going mad, or was there mention of the characters having vehicles during the making of this game?? I'm sure I remember there was....

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    There's a part where they use a submarine.

8. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
    In that TOMY display, there were various pictures of Sonic and co. in a few vehicles. Searching for images reveals some cut off snippets of these posters but I'm not sure it's too easy to find good photographs. Are these going to be (or already are) just toys, or would they perhaps appear in the show later on?

Edit: Knuckles has a hoverboard for some reason.

9. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    https://soundcloud.com/generaloffensive/who-can-block-the-place/s-CCgOw

I didn't make this but it is my fault (check the video comments)

10. GHFan

GHFan

Probably from an episode that hasn't aired yet.

11. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Ah yeah that's right - will be interesting if this comes up in a future episode or not.

If it doesn't coupd that be more cut game content?

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I think it's Tails who rides on a hover board in the first episode of the show, racing against Eggman. So it's probably just a utility characters have at their disposal in the show.

13. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Hahaha! That's brilliant!

This game may be a complete and utter mess, which really saddens me, but I bloody love some of the crazy shit that's come with it.

14. NHY

NHY

Oh, my bad - Just tells you how much on the sidelines I was in regards to keeping up with news with this game ( partly owing to me being in Australia currently, not owing a WiiU and caring more about Street Fighter, among other things )

15. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    [​IMG]

This explains the situation behind development better than it has any right to.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Omg. That is too perfect.

EDIT: New page. Has to bee seen by all

17. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Agreed, so I made a modified version of that image that's more Facebook friendly. [LINK] Super vertical images just don't work well on that site. Awesome image.

18. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Be right back, I need to find my sides.

19. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
  20. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    If you use a DAW, I suggest using Dblue Glitch on it. If you use FL Studio use the Granulizer. The mutations from those plugins will create some crazy shit.