don't click here

Valkyria Chronicles now on PC

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Falk

Falk

they added a darcsen in the pc version on 2nd image

confirmed for worst game

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    It just looks like the screenshot is taken from a slightly different moment of the scene, the tank hasn't moved as far and Welking mouth is different.

But I was wrong, it does look much nicer in direct comparison, probably not something you'd really notice if you played it on PS3 then took a break and moved to PC.

Really looking forward to playing this again, the only game I ever wished had achievements was Valkyria Chronicles, I's gonna ace this game.

3. Falk

Falk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghPB5RCJkpY

Why haven't you bought this game yet

Assholes

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Because I haven't played Hyrule Warriors or Bayo 2 yet, and I have a preorder for Smash that I won't have time to play either.

But I'll buy it anyway because this looks gorgeous and this game looks pretty cool.

5. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I have, I may even take this opportunity to make an A-rank Guide for my channel XD

6. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Because I'm still suffering PTSD from the lack of trophy support on the PS3 release, and there's no way to test whether the game will even work well on my laptop.

That being said... + - if someone wants to let me try their copy through family share or something, that would be pretty fantastic and cool of them.  

7. Falk

Falk

its ok steam achievements are broken right now so if you get the steam version you can even relive the ptsd

8. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Excellent port. 10/10. Would crash again. :argh:

But really its a breath of fresh air.

9. Falk

Falk

crashing stands no chance against the combined might have SEGA physics

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Seems like the game is selling well on Steam. It was at the top of the best selling games for a while, with it just becoming the third best selling game with Assassin's Creed Unity and Football Manager 2015 overtaking it.

11. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    If people hack this with more Sega characters I will 100% buy it, but till then I'll stick with my PS3 version.

Great game though.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/six-year-old-rpg-valkyria-chronicles-tops-steam-sellers-list/0141295

Hopefully this causes SEGA to do more of these PC ports.

13. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    I'd take a port of 2 and 3, even if they don't get big revamps.

...Although 3 would need a translation. :specialed:

14. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I'm actually very surprised it managed to get so high, considering Five Nights at Freddy's 2 just came out. Well, since it's one of those games that interested me seeing the representatives in Project X Zone, I might pick it up if I had a computer that could run it. Or just buy the PS3 version.

15. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Oh wait there are steam trading cards. Silly me. Thanks for the extra dosh steam.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Maybe they can be all "See where Vyse, Aika, and Fina came from in Skies of Arcadia Legends, out Spring 2015!"

A guy can dream...

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    SEGA hitting it out of the park.

18. Elston87

Elston87

I'm raiding witches. Member
    Not a bad port at all; it's amazing how it runs under subpar hardware, too. My box has a severe CPU bottleneck and I can still crank out 60 FPS at 1080p with my setup. Only things I have encountered that are pretty annoying are audio volume glitches and the DLC not appearing sometimes, which was supposedly addressed in a patch; could be the cloud glitching out on me or something, but overall a pretty great port.

Hats off to Sega for making it to Steam's top charts for some time. Definitely a grand slam out of the park. Also for any players looking for some extra graphical oomph should check out this graphic for a little tutorial on GeDoSaTo.

19. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4958579&postcount=1217

I found this as a pretty handy thing as well. Has some nice comparison pictures to check out.

20. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    As usual, I'll wait for the Linux version.