don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Wait, what? Who was this?

2. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Let's give this a bit of time before we start chucking pitchforks. This is both devs first game and we don't know the full extent of their production.

3. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I never thought the games seemed interesting, but it's still amazing to see how fast the ball dropped. I remember back when people were optimistic about it. I think we should hope this game turns into another Sonic 06, one so bad that Sega has to stop and think about where they went wrong, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Also, those graphics. Aside from the fact that it's widescreen and output in HD, I think I've seen 6th-generation games that looked better.

4. Falk

Falk

I was making a joke about this when the first few videos surfaced yesterday. Hits you hard when you realize how much truth to it there may be.

Sad part is I have friends who worked on the game. It's a little hard to laugh at the game and not feel like a douche.

then again no one holds back re: final fantasy and I don't take it personally lolo

About the whole SEGA Defense Force thing (or Boom Defense Force or BRB Defense Force or whatever), I get and acknowledge that people might actually like this game, flaws and all. No one should be able to dictate other people's opinion. I just wish the majority of those people would also extend that courtesy the other way.

5. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    What part of the game did they work on? The visuals look nice, rather Crash Bandicoot esque, so if they worked on the level visuals I'd give them a pass.

6. Falk

Falk

Audio, sound design, etc.

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Well I can't hear any audio issues thus far, so I'd give them a pass on that as well.

8. Felik

Felik

Because they are his friends? Did we both see the same cutscene with a silent airship.

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    No, actually, I missed that one. Let me go have a look.

Edit: Yipe, what was up with the camera? Is the whole silent airship thing consistent or does it vary, may I ask?

10. Falk

Falk

Implementation is a different aspect of the pipeline from asset creation.

11. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Based on the amount of whining in this thread, I'm going to go ahead and say Sonic Boom will be better than Generations, if only because the majority of whiners here are usually wrong. :eng101: (I'd wager a few of you would even change your tune entirely if the game was released on Xbone or PS4 as-is without any changes.)

That having been said, I'm not cancelling my preorders.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Can we bask in the glory of Jesus Tails, as he walks and even stands on water?
    [​IMG]

This isn't a glitch, it's just shoddy programming and design.

13. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    To be honest, I would be more okay with it if it was Xbox One and PS4 exclusive, but that's because it'd mean I can laugh that the Wii U had the better Sonic game.

Seeing as how I haven't played the game, I don't want to outright say it's awful now, but everything about this lack of polish indicates a lack of trying. I didn't run into any glitches while playing Shadow the Hedgehog. Even Cobanermani's thoughts after he put down Rise of Lyric for a while was "Werehog with less options", and I know how much everyone loved the Werehog. I honestly didn't mind it, and I probably wouldn't outright hate this game if I played it (which makes it better than Labyrinth and Secret Rings), but it would have to be very short play sessions with absolutely no thought with a podcast or something on, at which point I'd stop because this is the Wii U and I can play Bayonetta 2 instead for a beat-em-up.

14. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    So Taxman and Stealth?

15. Frankly, the game looks like shit. I'm just hoping it makes the bare minimum for Wave Master to put out a soundtrack for it, and then it can go rot with all of Sega's other half-baked ideas.

Also fuck you GeneHF I liked Sonic Riders, the original on GC at least :v:/>/>/>/>

16. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    This photo is from one of the cut scenes, a member on the Sega forums posted it.

Check out those eyes and that arm........

[​IMG]

17. Falk

Falk

OH MY GOD THE ARM IS BLUE

SEGA WHY
    heheheheheh

edit: new page quote edit

18. Machenstein

Machenstein

Pretty much, but they can't be the only ones. How many 16-bit kids are in the industry right now?

19. IndyTheGreat

IndyTheGreat

Fixed Water (SADX PC)
  20. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Let the fun begin.